Questions about APACS rackets?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by johnnxiv, May 2, 2011.

1. johnnxiv

johnnxiv New Member

Your job
  2. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

The APACS NANO 900 POWER is a real racket. I personally don't know much about it, so I can't really comment on it further.

In general terms, for high-end rackets, the best apacs rackets are the Lethal 60/70 and Tantrum 200/300. From my extensive research, I'd like to share this with you:
    Lethal 60 = Lethal 70 (except Lethal 70 may have a slightly different T-joint which increases stability).
    Tantrum 200 (3U) = Tantrum 300 (Tantrum 200 came in 2U and 4U also, but I don't think you can get the 2U anymore).

In terms of other people's experiences that I have read across the web, the following rackets are also highly recommended (perhaps just as good as or better than the Lethal 60/70 and Tantrum 200/300), in no particular order:
    Visible Hollow 1700
    Visible Hollow 1800
    Slayer 88
    Slayer 99
    Lethal 90
    EDGESABER 10

I personally own the following apacs rackets:
    Lethal 60
    Lethal 70
    Tantrum 300
    Lethal Light Special

I got the Lethal Light Special purely out of curiosity and have effectively "given" it to a girl now. She likes how light it is (it's 6U).
    I have used the Lethal 60 regularly for over a year. Before this, I was using Yonex rackets, including AS 7 (I've finally sold this!), AT700, Z-Slash, and older Carbonex rackets. When I started with the Lethal 60, I never looked back. I became a convert to apacs. The way I see it, high-end apacs rackets are just as good as or better than rackets of other brands, except they are much cheaper!

More information about apacs here:
    http://badminton-racket.blogspot.com/2008_08_01_archive.html
    This guy objectively reviews a lot of apacs rackets in subsequent blog posts.

#2 ssj100, May 2, 2011
    Last edited: May 2, 2011
  3. johnnxiv

johnnxiv New Member

Your job
    Thank you very much for sharing ur knowledge,
    I just dont know if the APACS rackets on that ebay site r legit?
    If those rackets r real with the weight and string tension,
    I would love them, please tell me more about it

4. Sketchy

Sketchy Regular Member

Ski Tech
    Of course they're genuine.
    APACS are a budget brand. Why would anyone bother making a fake APACS racket, when they could paint it to look like a Yonex instead, and then charge twice as much for it?
    That would be like making a fake £10 Casio wristwatch, when you could be making a fake Rolex...

5. johnnxiv

johnnxiv New Member

Your job
    Im really interested in this racket
    APACS STERN 898 AGILITY BADMINTON RACKET

Can u guys help me check it out? is it a good rackets?
    How to pick a good racket?

I like flexible rackets, can any1 tell me the adv and disadv of flexible racket?

#5 johnnxiv, May 4, 2011
    Last edited: May 4, 2011
  6. GaryC

GaryC Regular Member

IT Analyst
    pro_one_sports seems to be a legit reseller of their APACs although I have never purchased from him. Another one is badmintonbay which seems to have really good deals.

7. irwan_kho

irwan_kho Regular Member

Account
    go to the badminton bay website and contact the seller so you can get the good deal.

8. johnnxiv

johnnxiv New Member

Your job
    how can i contact the seller?
    can u give me the email, please?

9. johnnxiv

johnnxiv New Member

Your job
    I would like to ask if whoever has these rackets can help me determine if they r even balance or not?
    Im interest in 1 of these racket, they all say Balance: [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]285 +/- 3mm
    but i dont think they are all the same, Can any1 tell me their specials, please?
    [/FONT] Apacs Finapi 212
    Apacs Finapi 232
    Apacs Finapi 252

Apacs Lethal 9
    Apacs Lethal 8

Apacs Lurid Power 21
    Apacs Lurid Power 22
    Apacs Lurid Power 23

Apacs Stern 100
    APACS STERN 85
    APACS STERN 78

Apacs Visible Hollow 1800
    Apacs Visible Hollow 2000

I am looking for a good racket with these specs

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Flex:[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Medium or Stiff[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Weight: [/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]3U-4U[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Length:[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]675mm[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Max Tension: [/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]35 lbs[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Balance: [/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Even Balance
    [/FONT]

10. irwan_kho

irwan_kho Regular Member

Account
    the email address is info@badmintonbay.com you can contact them to get the price

11. irwan_kho

irwan_kho Regular Member

Account
    i have owned lethal 8 and 9, they are good rackets. lethal 9 is heavier than 8 and it's attacking racket.
    i haven't got the others rackets so i can't recomment the others.
    if you want stiff rackets, you can try Lethal 70, 90, Trantrum 300 and Slayer 99. these are really stiff rackets and powerful for attacking.

12. bkcollection

bkcollection Regular Member

13. Warlock

Warlock Regular Member

For my personal experience,I was under the impression that apacs was a predominantly yonex copy brand,until I went on researching more and found out that they have their own line of rackets which are not yonex clones.

But anyways a lot of companies also kinda "clone" each other one way or another so what the heck.

A visit to the local distributor answered a few more questions about apacs on my mind and the most important one is how come their rackets can be strung at such a high tension as compared to the rest which is printed on their rackets,they told me that at their factory,they tested their rackets to the highest safest non frame damaging tension.This was a reasonable reply to me even though I do not play at such high tension,but you know sometimes small talk here and there can make you understand a lot of stuff.

And for me most importantly is that their rackets have what I look for which is flexibility and lightness,with the lightest at 7u for their featherweight 200.

I bought quite a number of rackets from them,mostly are the rackets from their non clone range,and frankly,the rackets are nice to use and easy on my injured arm.

That aside another attractive feature of apacs is their low prices(which don't really matter to me anyways,but will mean a lot to a lot of other players worldwide)

***this above posting is purely out of my own opinion,no offense to any person(s)/company(s) is intended.***

#13 Warlock, Dec 3, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2011
  14. moomoo

moomoo Regular Member

15. PoonSlayer666

PoonSlayer666 New Member

I recently bought a three pack bundle including the Featherweight 500, z Ziggler, and Nano 9900. The package is still on its way and I'll keep you guys updated. The thread's really interesting so I'll hop on it! Peace.
    Poon

16. Furholden

Furholden Regular Member

If you are into APACS rackets then might as well check out their Featherweight Series. IMO they're so good that it could pass themselves off as a Yonex flagship series and people would pay good money for it.

17. PoonSlayer666

PoonSlayer666 New Member

The rackets are amazing! The nano 9900 is extremely powerful, and the Z ziggler is overall balanced, while the 500 is like a feather----super light! I love it. Ask me questions if you want more detailed answers. Ps. all rackets were strung at 24lbs, with BG80P
    Poon

himanshu.07 likes this.
  18. himanshu.07

himanshu.07 New Member

19. PoonSlayer666

PoonSlayer666 New Member