Yonex BG65 or BG80 for a VT 80

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Neffri, May 3, 2011.

1. Neffri

Neffri Regular Member

Hey guys, just got my new Voltric 80 and it was strung with BG66 (black if that matters) strung at 11kg (around 24.25lbs).

Was loving my improved power and control but the problem was that the strings broke after 1 1/2 game :(

My stringer only got BG65 and BG80 to chose from. Im just an amateur player that is still improving but my play style is quite offensive and i love to smash. In that regard i guess the BG80 is the choice? But at the same time it sux to restring (time and money) and for that BG65 is the winner i guess?

Before this racket i only been playing with a Yonex Sigma 8 with BG65 and unknown tension (no clue what the stringer put it at but feels kinda lose) so dont know how high i should go.

So, what string (BG65 or BG80) and tension would you recommend for a amateur player, who loves to play offensively, like me?
    edit: Its the 4U version of VT80 btw :)

Regards
    Neffri

#1 Neffri, May 3, 2011
    Last edited: May 3, 2011
  2. drew tze en

drew tze en Regular Member

Try BG80 around 20-24lbs ?

3. WoOZY

WoOZY Regular Member

Well I think one question I would ask is whether or not you have a fast swing speed or not? One thing I've realized going from NBG95 to BG80 is that at the same tension, the bird seems to bounce off the strings soo quickly that I don't have enough time to follow through...

So I would try the BG80 first and see how you like them... If you don't like them, go to the BG65... With strings it's a trial and error thing...

4. drew tze en

drew tze en Regular Member

Good point
    Forgot to add BG80 is a hard feeling string so it will bounce
    Well as the Bg65 is a medium feeling string it won't bounce off the string bed as fast.

5. Neffri

Neffri Regular Member

Thx

Thanks for the responses guys.
    Think im gonna go for BG80 at 22lbs.
    Feels like that will be a good starting point to get a feel for what tension i prefer :)

Regards
    Neffri