What is your average time or help me get faster?

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Ouchee, May 4, 2011.

1. Ouchee

Ouchee Regular Member

I used to own a drop weight from Silent Partner and my time would be around 50 mins to an hour. Then I figure maybe is the drop weight slowing me down and is time for an upgrade, so I upgraded to Gamma 6004 6pct with Wisehead and my new time would be around 35 mins to 45 mins but somehow I cannot break the 30 mins barrier.

4 knots method
    Pre-check grommet / crack - 2 mins
    Cutting old strings / uncoil new string - 2mins
    Mounting - 1 min
    Mains - 6 mins
    Crosses - 25 mins

I pre-weave one cross ahead and usually it only takes me 15 - 20 sec to weave but threading thru the hole at the end is either miss or hit (maybe I need glasses), any suggestion? What giving me trouble the most is when doing the last few crosses on top (I string from bottom to top). I usually ran out of room for my fingers to push the string diagonally and will end up using an awl to sew the string up & down. Another factor maybe I usually wait for the Wisehead to go beep before I proceed to next step, maybe I should pre-weave a few more while waiting for the tension to set or change the speed to fast currently using Mid setting.

Machine:Gamma 6004 6pct with Wisehead
    Racquets:Yonex Voltric 70 & 80, MP99, Arc 10 (PG), Carbonex 3 (Wood Frame), 9, 20 & 35, Armotec 700, Victor SW 35, X80, Babolat X-Feel Blast, Carlton 3.7X.
    Email: richmondstringing@yahoo.ca

2. kenzo

kenzo Regular Member

You don't need to push weave diagonally, push weaving horizontally is a lot quicker, especially near the top. You can get push weaving down to 5-10 seconds per cross with some practice.

3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    you should be able to start weaving the next string the moment you start the WISE. that will save around 5 second each string, multiply that by 40 that give you an extra 3 minutes.