Summer Training.

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by Svenis, May 5, 2011.

1. Svenis

Svenis Regular Member

Student
    Hello.

So Summer is soon closing up and so does examns for those who are full time students like myself. I've been playing badminton for several years and every summer i get setbacks because i got no place to play badminton and i normaly get abit lazy with training. Only do some running, But it aint enough. So this year id like to keep my shape up to keep my level of play up to date.

My normal problem when returning to badminton after summer time is that my feets has gotten abit none explosive, i find it hard to keep speed, my legs get very tired after long rallies and my reactions are very slow. So i was wondering if anyone on these forums got some good training tips to keep my body fit and in "badminton shape" during the summer while ther is no badminton courte training. ?

Thanks!

2. kenzo

kenzo Regular Member

Practice shadowing, concentrating on the explosion after the split. Check out Peter Rasmussen's footwork drill if you don't know the correct footwork

3. Svenis

Svenis Regular Member

Student
    Thanks for the input, and yes i know footwork drill. But doin footwork drills 5-6 days a week aint maximum:) Also. for aditional iformation im an A-player. If u got other rutines with ladders or something please share:)

4. kenzo

kenzo Regular Member

You should be supplementing shadow with plyometric leg drills then, like split jumps, depth jumps, 180 jumps, lateral hurdle jumps. Work whatever you want into a daily routine, but you want to be shadowing for about 20 mins per day if you aren't actively playing.