New badminton club for halesowen - new budding badminton players wanted!

Discussion in 'UK' started by kwli88, May 5, 2011.

1. kwli88

kwli88 Regular Member

Technicain
    The Birmingham Badminton Bears (currently based in Aston on Monday evenings), are expanding with a new club night on Thursdays in Halesowen to attract new players from across Birmingham. The Windsor Badminton Bears will launch on Thursday 12th May 2011 at 6.30pm - 9.30pm at the Windsor High School, Richmond Street, Halesowen, B63 4BB. The new club night will meet every Thursday, with the Birmingham Badminton Bears continuing to meet on Monday's at 6.30pm - 9.30pm at King Edwards School, Frederick Street, Aston. The club is looking for new members of an intermediate standard or above to participate in either or both of the club nights with a view to playing in the league next season. For more information contact Ka on 07545 353707, Hieng on 07545962364 or email badbears@live.co.uk. Alternatively visit www.badmintonbears.co.uk.

2. Skanbuzz

Skanbuzz Regular Member

Construction
    Wow

Exciting!!
    new club and new sports hall.. I heard good and brand new facilities there
    Will competent juniors be welcome too?
    How about ladies players and those who wants to improve?

Windsor High School.. the school boys team did well this year and I think is the current Black Country Champion and nearly make it to the West Midlands Champion.. should be good for the youth and future of badminton too in the region. Will the Windsor team be participating in this new club? Birmingham Badminton Bears had a bunch of youthful members. Hope this continue at Windsor Badmintob Bears too. This should be good for the future of badminton. Halesowen is also a convenient place.. near to M5 junction 3 or junction 2. very accessible from Worcester, Kidderminster, Dudley, West Bromwich, Reddith, Quinton, Birmingham Uni, Sandwell etc

Any coaching available?

Thanks

3. Skanbuzz

Skanbuzz Regular Member

Construction
    Hi #

just visited Badminton Bears website.. looks like their 1st night was successful
    25 players turn up wow sound very popular

Anyone been to and wish to comment?... venue, players, quality of play, fun, challenging, age group, genders, ethic or anything?
    get us video on youtube of your club members playing
    give us some feedback
    maybe I will consider visiting myself