User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There may be some misunderstanding:
    The tool has 3 channels 2 at the short site and 1 at the long site.
    These channels pass 18 / 16 and 14 mains and you have a choice how to use the system.
    For tennis I never use the long channel, because it is easy to use the shorter channel for the longer crosses.
    So you do not need a shorter insert to do the shorter crosses.
    If you do want to use the short and long channels coming from one site you only turn around the upper and lower part and leave the comp in the racquet.
    The video of the tennis tool shows that, you could have another look at that.
    I did not say you can do all crosses when you come from one site, and pull tension on every string directly. You can not do the last 2 to 4 depending on the racquet shape and if you want to preweave strings.

The proto that we use at the moment has channels for 22 and 20 strings in it so we do understand the influence of the length making a shorter version.
    We have designs of 20 and 18 in the long channel in de 3D drawing system.
    We can show better how to use the tool when we have our production proto. We are not going to show the proto that we use now because that gives the wrong impression.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has anyone seen the following? I think it is a pretty good trick on weaving.

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6Tuc5ISysro" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ouchee View Post
    Has anyone seen the following? I think it is a pretty good trick on weaving.

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6Tuc5ISysro" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    yes. we have talked about this method before. cannot seem to find the thread though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Cross stringer in Yonex racquet

Hi guys,

Hereby some more information, which might take away some misunderstandings.
    I put one of the Yonex rackets that we received into the 3 D design system.
    The pictures show the tool for 18 mains in the racquet.

The pictures show how to put the crosses in going from bottom to top starting with the first cross only using the long channel.
    When you use the tool in this way it stays in the racquet from the first until 3 to 4 strings before the end.

I also did a time test with the badminton - proto:
    It took me 82 seconds to put in 8 crosses, without passing through the grommet.

Take into consideration that I am a stringer without any skill, I hardly string racquets the last couple of years, I pass them all on to my son in law.

I will make another picture that shows how to use the shorter channel for the strings at the top later.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good. 2 issues based on your picture.
    1) You will still need to hand weave the 1st cross from throat and last 4 or 5 crosses depend on the racquets.
    2) Basically, the bolk of the crosses, you still need to hand weave the first 2 string and last 2.
    So, what is the total time for you to weave the including 1st cross to last on the top including mounting and taking out the tool?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silentheart View Post
    Good. 2 issues based on your picture.
    1) You will still need to hand weave the 1st cross from throat and last 4 or 5 crosses depend on the racquets.
    2) Basically, the bolk of the crosses, you still need to hand weave the first 2 string and last 2.
    So, what is the total time for you to weave the including 1st cross to last on the top including mounting and taking out the tool?
    maybe the time is more than without the tools.
    not to forget the small diameter of badminton string, you may ask why it is not passing-through the tools ...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Silentheart, I would like to understand your role in this discussion? Anyway by playing the opposition you invite me to explain more about the tool.

The question is why you doubt my text:
    - If I say I put in all crosses from the bottom, you say I have to weave the first one by hand.
    - If I say you can use the tool until 3 to 4 you say 4 to 5.

As I show in the picture you enter the first cross string at the throat also with the tool.

Weaving the free strings at each side goes very automatically going under over for the first and over under for the last one.
    maybe the time is more than without the tools.
    not to forget the small diameter of badminton string, you may ask why it is not passing-through the tools ...

I did not put it through the holes because it was suggested earlier in this discussion to measure only the weaving time.

I have been in quite some discussions about the cross stringers and I have learnt that part of the stringers in the discussion only use the discussion to tell how fast they are.
    So Yulitle weaves a tennis cross in 5 seconds.
    This tool does a badminton cross in 10,2 seconds.
    And you do it faster?
    Wow, you must be fast because others in this discussion said it took them 12 to 15 seconds!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as like the above, still no prove for your claim ...
    sorry, you just want to sell your product ....

Quote Originally Posted by stringtechno View Post
    Silentheart, I would like to understand your role in this discussion? Anyway by playing the opposition you invite me to explain more about the tool.

- If I say I put in all crosses from the bottom, you say I have to weave the first one by hand.

As I show in the picture you enter the first cross string at the throat also with the tool.

Weaving the free strings at each side goes very automatically going under – over for the first and over under for the last one.

I did not put it through the holes because it was suggested earlier in this discussion to measure only the weaving time.

I have been in quite some discussions about the cross stringers and I have learnt that part of the stringers in the discussion only use the discussion to tell how fast they are.
    And you do it faster?
    Wow, you must be fast because others in this discussion said it took them 12 to 15 seconds!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as like the above, still no prove for your claim ...
    I am not proving anything I am just explaining and try to find out if the product would be a useful addition to the market by communicating with the market.

sorry, you just want to sell your product ....

This is really amazing, you seem to be intrigued by the thought that companies only want to be in contact with the market to sell products.
    We do not even have this tool yet, but we are almost certain that we will sell a lot as soon as we have them, because we got many requests for them already based on the Tennis units that we sell. And we think that we will sell more badminton units then for tennis.

In this way it seems impossible to communicate with users.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And you do it faster?
    This is really amazing, you seem to be intrigued by the thought that companies only want to be in contact with the market to sell products.
    We do not even have this tool yet, but we are almost certain that we will sell a lot as soon as we have them, because we got many requests for them already based on the Tennis units that we sell. And we think that we will sell more badminton units then for tennis.
    In this way it seems impossible to communicate with users.
    dang ............

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dang.....
    Wow, do you read earlier posts before you throw in yours or not:
    We have a proto but no production unit so we can do all kind of tests.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No one cares about your arbitrary measurements and your blatant misdirections, so just carry on spreading your FUD instead of being communicative, tool.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear Mr. Kenzo,
    Give Stringway a little chance to see where this can go. Yes, I still have my doubt.
    To Stringtechno,
    regarding your question.

Based on your picture, you will still hand weave from A7 to A11. So that is 4. Some none YY racquet and other player might want an additional 1 cross on A6. Hence 4~5 hand weave.
    Based on your post before that this tool will work 1 side only. So if you position your tool at first throat, it will not fit. Why? In your picture, your tool is wider than 18 mains. First cross is only 18 main wide.
    Regarding
    Weaving the free strings at each side goes very automatically going under – over for the first and over under for the last one.
    Actually, not necessary. You might want to set up that way, but I might not depend on the racquet and if I want to avoid cross string on the frame.

FYI, I have always measure weaving time based on inserting the string through then weave then exit through the other end. If you are just measuring pure weaving time between first string to the last, my time is about 7~9 sec depend on where the string is. Sorry for the misunderstanding there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I gave him a chance. We've already established that the tool only has a market for inexperienced stringers and lazy people. We've also already established the product's flaws and seeing as the design isn't going to change, the whole argument is now swings and roundabouts.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I gave him a chance.
    That sounds quite impressive.
    I hope you do not mind that we take the tool in production without your approval.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think everyone here already has the impression that you didn't need the approval of anyone to make this product, even before you made this thread. You had no intention of seeking any criticism whatsoever, this thread was simply a PR act from the start. You get what you ask for and that certainly wasn't criticism, so I can think of a better use for your product, you can take it and kindly shove it where the sun don't shine
    Last edited by kenzo; 05-19-2011 at 09:50 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

frankly if i were a moderator I'd ban this guy from UK for rudeness

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast