Not in the shape

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by koniku123, May 7, 2011.

1. koniku123

koniku123 New Member

Hi thr.. I'm a new mmber of the forum..
    I been playing badminton fully for 1 year now under the guidance of my friends who have their own coach.. N my mosot recent tournament that I join is the District Tournament that has held 3 weeks ago.. Which I got K.O at the quarter-finals.. I'm a defensive type of player, as I dun really like smashing n killing my opponents..

Lately, after the tournament, I dun train as much I used to.. But, a week after the tournament, I played with my friends, and I realize my performance deteriorate a lot.. I couldnt get my footwork done properly n I get worn out easy after a 30 minute game.. Nt juz oni tat, everytime I perform a stroke or a clear, my biceps feels like it got twisted.. My bad performance lasted for a week..

But, 3 days ago, I played again wit my friends, n tis time, thr was no problem at all in my performance.. I was able to last about 1 hour without resting compared to last week and hve no problem at all in footwork.. But, sumhow, after performing my strokes and clears, my biceps still hurts, but nt as much as the week before..

I was wondering, is thr anythg tat could possibly drop my performance all of a sudden and I suddenly gain dem back soon? Nt juz tat, any idea why my biceps hurt so much? Is it cz I didn't stroke or clear properly?

2. koniku123

koniku123 New Member

My full as in, i practice 3-4 times a week..

3. Svenis

Svenis Regular Member

Student
    I've never heard about anyone having problems with their biceps when playing Badminton. If you play with friends who are more experienced i would asume you already learned the propper technique on how to hit. Do you use alot of "stick" shots? half smashes/drops that goes faster then normal. It's when you hardly use any power at all other then your fore/underarm to produce the hit.? If you use that ALOT i can understand that your biceps might hurt abit cause of the rotation you get. Other thent that i got no idea sorry.

You shouldn't worry to much about a bad week after a tournament. Most likly you played some hard matches and got tired. Starting on training instanly after can results in some crap training if you try to push it to hard. Or it could simply just be that you had a bad week. It happens to everyone. Also if you mess up with footwork i would suggest you to run more footwork drills. Your still new to the game after 1 year, so doin it will only improve your game:)

Best of luck!