Victor MX80 vs. Victor BS10

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by LYD-KR, May 9, 2011.

1. LYD-KR

LYD-KR Regular Member

Hi, I'm thinking of switching to either the MX80(3U/4U) or BS10, but I just wanted some insight/feedback on both of them before making my decision.
    I play both singles and doubles.

Thanks

2. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

What do you use currently, have you considered SW35 ?

3. LYD-KR

LYD-KR Regular Member

I was using an AT900T before, though that unfortunately snapped during a game that I was playing. So now I'm using an ARC10.
    I did have a quick glance of the SW35 but I guess I was more drawn to the BS series and the MX80.
    I'm an offensive player with quick movement and I like to smash. I would say that I need a fast swinging and stiff racket that doesn't sacrifice power for speed too much though - was worried about this with the BS10, so that's why I was considering an MX80 with a slightly heavier head. I'd prefer a racket that isn't too head heavy though, like the AT900P.

Lately I've just been playing more singles and wanted a racket that would optimize play in both games - not sure if the BS10 would (would BS10 be suitable as a singles racket?)

Also just to add, did you have any idea's with rackets in the Li-Ning range that would be suitable for me?

4. Brandi

Brandi New Member

Student
    BS10 is faster than the MX80. However, the MX80 has more power than the BS10.

Both are great rackets but, based on your requirements, the MX80 would be the better choice for you.

5. visor

visor Regular Member

^^
    Agreed. Mx80 is both powerful and fast.
    What little you lose in speed, you gain it back with interest in power, feel and accuracy.

6. Porky

Porky Regular Member

MX80 overall is a very complete racquet that covers almost all aspects...with ur requirements, i also think MX80 is more suitable for u....BS10 might lack the power for ur singles play though it's good enuff for doubles :)

7. PakFoo

PakFoo New Member

IT Software Asset Administrator
    Yeah, i agree with others too. MX80 should be more suitable for you. I have an Arc10 too. comparing both of them MX80 swing faster while Arc10 is more head heavy.

8. LYD-KR

LYD-KR Regular Member

Thanks for the tips guys ! :)

9. LYD-KR

LYD-KR Regular Member

Just ordered the racket ! Will be getting it in a weeks time !

10. b.leung

b.leung Regular Member

hey buddy, please compare this with at900t
    i'm using that currently and thinking of buying an mx80 to play with as well

11. LYD-KR

LYD-KR Regular Member

Ok, will do as soon as I get it.

12. Naim.F.C

Naim.F.C Regular Member

Designer | Entrepreneur
    I had both rackets. Initially the MX80 was a bit more demanding to use. Had minor shoulder pains switching from the BS10. But in about a week I adjusted and never looked back.

The BS10 is faster, but the MX80 is fast enough that you don't really notice the difference in real world play if you're a fairly strong swinger. If you're quite a slow swinger the BS10's speed may be more valuable, but for me personally, the MX80's improved power and smash angles just did it for me. It is noticeably more powerful than the BS10 and only marginally slower.

In my honest opinion the MX80 is the best all round, to slightly aggressive focused racket in the world right now (based on the one's I've tried). Saying that, the BS10 is also imo the best tactical, defence based, fast racket in the world too (haven't tried the BS12 mind). You can't really go wrong with either, but with the BS10 I did always wish for a bit more power, I haven't had any such empty feelings or desires with the MX80. It hits home on all bases.

Saying that, I wouldn't mind an even more aggressive version of the MX80 now that I'm already comfortable with and used to it.

Just be wary that the MX80 is still an advanced racket. It is ultra stiff (marginally stiffer than my VT80) and slightly head heavy (mine is 301mm gripped and strung). So beginners and less strong players probably should try something more accommodating first.

#12 Naim.F.C, May 10, 2011
    Last edited: May 10, 2011
  13. LYD-KR

LYD-KR Regular Member

Thanks Naim.F.C ! looking forward to getting my racket

14. avengers88

avengers88 Regular Member

Lyd, did u get the 3u or 4u ? Naim, is urs 3u or 4u ? I'm thinking of getting a 4u to help wit my doubles game.

15. LYD-KR

LYD-KR Regular Member

Hey man, yeah I got the 3U version. It's because I play singles more often now, so I'd prefer a slightly heavier racket which can generate more power - and also I string my racket at a high tension, so 3U will have a more stable frame due to denser composition of material if im not wrong.
    Though I think you should get 4U - since it's better for defence, maneuverability, control and fast swinging actions = better for doubles.

16. Naim.F.C

Naim.F.C Regular Member

Designer | Entrepreneur
    Mine is 3U but only 86g. Likewise I just sold a 4U that was 85g. There really ins't much difference between the MX80 4U and 3U imo, well not all the time anyway. I honestly think either would be just fine. I opted for a 3U as I wanted to get used to heavier more demanding rackets. MX80 3U is still a hell of a lot less demanding than VT80 4U. Just a quicker and lighter racket imo.

17. avengers88

avengers88 Regular Member

Hmm I didn't know the difference is just 1g. Is it always like tat?

18. visor

visor Regular Member

so far, of those posters who've checked the difference, there is only around 1.6g max difference between 3u and 4u versions of mx80

19. Naim.F.C

Naim.F.C Regular Member

Designer | Entrepreneur
    Not always no. Weights officially are as follows.

4U : 80-84g
    3U : 85-89g
    2U : 90-94g

But with the MX80, differences seem to be slimmer than usual. My guess is they are all manufactured the same, then sorted in to either 4U/3U dependant on weight post manufacture.

20. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Where about are you in Australia? If you are in Sydney I maybe able to get my MX80 and BS10 for you to try and compare. But I guess you already bought the MX80 so it does not matter :)