Heights of Shoes - Mizuno Badminton/Volleyball/Asics/Yonex

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by dolbydj, May 10, 2011.

1. dolbydj

dolbydj Regular Member

Supplies
    May102011 004.jpg
    Hi guys, here is a follow up to a previous post regarding relative shoe heights from different companies. From top right clockwise: Mizuno Wave Spike 7, Yonex Shb 98, Y Shb 100, Asics Gel Blast 2, Y Shb 101, M Wave Tornado 3, A Gel 1120, M Wave Smash GT, Y Shb 85, M Wave Fang XT.

You can clearly see some of the differences in forefoot and heel heights. Some quick reviews: Most Cushion - Asics, Heavy - M Wave Tornado, Light - M Wave Fang, Grippy - M Wave Fang, Fastest Wearing - Y Shb 85, Favorite - Y Shb 85 or 98.

As is often the case, seeing is believing. In general, the more complicated the shoe, the more cushioning and heavier it is. The simplier the shoe, the more lightweight. Also, keep in mind the toe-box in size fitment. Most shoes meant for the international market have more material and "wiggle-room" for your toes.

In my opinion, the soles on these shoes didn't last more than six months before I noticed slipping and smooth grips. I usually wash them once or twice to get more wear out of them and I play recreationally 4 times a week on general purpose floors though.

2. Rocker

Rocker Regular Member

Students
    I little doubt about the most grippy. Dont you think the WAve fang most grippy because it's new?

3. dolbydj

dolbydj Regular Member

Supplies
    Rarely, do I put on new indoor court shoes and start to trip over myself. I don't know how long it will last, but more grip than the other shoes listed above. Even compared to my brand new Mizuno Wave Smash, it is different. They came from different factories. Reminds me of Dragonfly shoes.

4. zero_hour

zero_hour Regular Member

i think its true,mizuno give "Fang" name for a reason,heard few user said its grip was good/more than other model,..

5. dolbydj

dolbydj Regular Member

Supplies
    The Wave Smash I got feels great and lightweight. Like a traditional court shoe without the excess tech and material cladding. However, the grip is very mediocre in my opinion.