above 30lb string tension?

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by johnnxiv, May 11, 2011.

1. johnnxiv

johnnxiv New Member

Your job
    I see some racket say can go up to 35lb
    is it safe to go above 30lb? does it make the racket frame break?

2. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

First of all, this thread really should belong in the string forum.

With that addressed, technically speaking, ALL graphite racquets of today EVEN THE COUNTERFEIT ONES are able to be strung above 30lbs in tension. This depends entirely on the technique of the stringer who is doing the racquet at the 30+lbs tension.

The only factor is when you play with the racquet and if only if you mishit the shuttle (hitting the frame etc.), the structural integrity of the frame will be subjected to the stress test and you will know if the racquet is manufactured good enough to withstand the stress and resist breaking. This is also what separates the good branded racquets from the cheap branded racquets. Although if you don't mishit AT ALL, the racquet will NOT break AT ALL. A very bad mishit at a bad angle CAN STILL crack a racquet strung at low tensions (racquets strung at higher tensions will break), nonetheless.

Otherwise, a lousy stringer IS ABLE TO BREAK your racquet with a mistake during stringing at even the lowly tensions of 21lbs. The same applies for clashes; no matter what tension you string, a very bad clash is always a guarantee that your racquet will break.

Last but not least, the APACS racquets that you see which are warranted to 35lbs tension are ONLY FOR ADVERTISEMENT purposes. I dare someone to string that high with a said APACS racquet, mishit and break the frame, then send it for replacement. I can almost guarantee that APACS WILL NOT replace the racquet even with its warranty :p

3. !¿Clue?!

!¿Clue?! Regular Member

Well there is a thing called "Search" but good post Blitzzards ;)