Have you guys ever gotten this type of injury?

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by Bunni, Apr 23, 2003.

1. Bunni

Bunni Regular Member

High School Student
    I believe it's called "whiplash". it's some sorta pain in your racquet arm below your shoulder, above your elbow, and in the inside of your arm. it also takes an eternity to fully heal. someone told me it's because i "whip" my arm too much while playing. has this happened to any of you, or is it just my bad technique? :eek:

2. bigredlemon

bigredlemon Regular Member

I'm not sure what you mean... would this be "tennis elbow"?

3. Bunni

Bunni Regular Member

High School Student
    i'm not sure myself. i'm no good with the terminology :/ it's just this big pain along my arm which is really bugging me.

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    you said it is on the inside of your upper arm. can you describe the pain? is it localize to one point or does it cover a large area? if localize, where? what type of pain?

5. Gryp

Gryp Regular Member

Yep been there got that. Started hurting after I did one amazing smash shot.. LOL..
    I pronated my wrist too much or something.. or too suddenly.

Anyways.. there was a sharp pain in my forearm on the inside.. extending towards my wrists and my hand.. well it stayed that way for 2 weeks.. although I did play some lighter badminton while taking painkillers.. hahaha

It's okay now.. I still don't really know how I did it.. but dannng.. the muscles along my arm hurt :(

6. TOmike

TOmike Regular Member

Student
    yeah i also got that a few times in the forearm.. when i flexed you could see the muscle flex up (upper forearm) and you would feel a pain along the tendon or wahtever it is. fortunately it didn't last as long as these other guys. i think the key is rest and maybe muscle relief cream.. but that doesn't help all that much.

7. Bunni

Bunni Regular Member

High School Student
    it's like a sharp stinging (and sometimes throbbing) pain along the bicep area. bizzare >_<

TOmike: yeah, i tried using some of these chinese ointments (aka tiger balm) for my muscles and they didn't do much. i guess i'm relying on a LOT rest for the meantime :/

8. TOmike

TOmike Regular Member

Student
    oh i didn't try that one, i went with adidas muscle relief stuff.. didn't work but smelled and felt good for 10 mins..

but really, chinese medicine is magic sometimes.

my knee was all bruised and swollen and i was back on the court after a week with some chinese herbal doctor stuff. (sorry to be off topic)

9. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I am not very sure, but i guess it's more like "twisted muscle" something.

Yeah, some rest might do it. Also, need to keep the injury spot warm. Maybe say, put a towel over there when u go to sleep. This might help, otherwise, u might feel sore when u wake up.