User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Which one is a "worse" loss? Lose by a lot or lose by a little?

I know nobody wants to lose, but what losses stay on your mind for long periods of time? Teams that are better than you but you had very good chance of winning but only losing by a couple of points (say 30-28 30-29) or teams that are worse than you but you just performed horribly and lost by a huge margin (say 21-10 21-12)?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the case above, it wud have to be the team that is terrible and they thrash u!! Atleast with the better team and u come close shows u played well and it cudve went either way whereas if u got thrashed by bad team shows u jus played badly!!

That sticks in ur head more. I dont mind if I win or lose, of course I want to win but I want to play well.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A game where you lose due to unforced errors and just plain bad shots/placement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the game where i lose close to a better player. Cuz that means i am playing at my best, but i'm just not clutch enough at the points that matter.
    games where i get thrashed by someone worse than me... I don't really care, a really bad day is a really bad day, can't do much about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Losing to inferior opponents just because you play even badlier than them is infuriating, but I guess I hate it the most when I lose to someone better than me by a huge margin AND while I am playing badly.
    I can't stand thinking "God, If I had played just a little better, it would have been such a great match, whatever the result".

I guess a no-contest is the worst.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It sounds like playing well against the better players. Playing well is what matters. You lost, but they were better, so you expect to lose. The point is you played to a high standard to match them. I am most disappointed when I don't perform at the standard I expect of myself. If I get beaten by any score against someone who shouldn't be beating me, that shows a lack of focus and technique - this plays on my mind most. However, that said, I don't care either way - in both instances, I know what I need to do to improve: therefore... happy days

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MSeeley View Post
    It sounds like playing well against the better players. Playing well is what matters. You lost, but they were better, so you expect to lose. The point is you played to a high standard to match them. I am most disappointed when I don't perform at the standard I expect of myself. If I get beaten by any score against someone who shouldn't be beating me, that shows a lack of focus and technique - this plays on my mind most. However, that said, I don't care either way - in both instances, I know what I need to do to improve: therefore... happy days
    well said.

i'd rather lose by playing beyond my standard against a stronger opponent than to win easily sandbagging against weak opponents.

but of course, playing beyond my standard and win against stronger opponent is even better. but unfortunately that doesn't happen too often.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well,losing without giving the best is the worst losing game for me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i hate losing when i feel like my body isn't cooperating with me(bad shots, crappy play).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I can't seem to win against 7 year olds because my body isn't working well

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's my take on things, it doesn't matter how many points you lose by, it's whether you lost because you made a lot of unforced errors or your tactics were just plain bad, or whether your opponent(s) are just plain better than you.