Looking for people to play with in north/east london

Discussion in 'UK' started by mr. ome, May 17, 2011.

1. mr. ome

mr. ome New Member

Hi,
    I'd like to meet someone/some people who'd be interested in hiring out a court for a couple of hours maybe 2 times per week.. I'm not an advanced player by any means, but not a complete beginner either.. Can play good games, but my footwork is not textbook if you know what i mean..
    I LOVE playing and want to do so to keep/get fit and for the sheer enjoyment of the game.
    I've been to open clubs, but sometimes find that the players are a little competitive and take it all very seriously.. I'm not saying that in a negative way, just i'd like to play with people who are on the same page as me..
    Possible venues would be Sobell in Holloway, or any others you might know?
    Thanks,
    Ome.

2. kaymo

kaymo New Member

Hi Ome, i live in east ham,eastlondon. i wudnt say i am a beginner either. used to go play for fun with a friend of mine but since we both got busy we stopped playing altogether. i want to start again if u r interested. email me, we can give it a try. kareem829 at yahoo.com.

3. Akife Dar

Akife Dar Regular Member

Badminton Coach
    Hi Kaymo,Mr.Ome,
    Just to help if still looking to play in east london to get back into Badminton,then you can try Leyton Youth on Tuseday which is a club that has players of all ages and level come to keep fit or to have fun and competitive games.Then there is Leyton sixform college on Friday to a open session to play with your friends or other people for double, you bring your own shuttlecocks and rackets.

4. Souvigna

Souvigna Regular Member

Sales
    I am in London July 5, 6 and 7. Would love to play badminton at least one of these nights. I like to think I am A competitive recreational player. I have played while traveling in Taipei and Bangkok.d I thought I kept up with the best player. Please reply here or email me at souvigna@hotmail.comMuch appreciated

5. Akife Dar

Akife Dar Regular Member

Badminton Coach
    Hi Souvigna,
    If you are interested in playing doubles tonight then come to Leyton Youth Club run by George the coach at 7pm to 9pm.Also tell me how you travel by car or public transport train , bus.Then I will do my best to give you direction to the badminton club in Leyton.

6. Souvigna

Souvigna Regular Member

Sales
    I will be traveling via public transport.Currently in Gatwick but will be in london tonight.Souvigna

7. Racekonijn

Racekonijn Regular Member

IT-Developper
    Hi,

I'm in London for 2 weeks, one week before the WK and one week when the WK is ongoing (from 1 august to 15 august I'm at London). I'm staying at the Hotel Ibis London Euston St Pancras.
    Can some tell me what the nearest badmintonclub is from my Ibis Hotel?

If there is a possibility I maybe to go badminton then, if someone is interested.

Please let me know :)

8. Blade_123

Blade_123 Regular Member

Accountant
    Badminton in East London - Sylvan Badminton Club

Hi,

If you play up to a reasonable standard, you might want to join Sylvan Badminton Club at Bancroft’s School Sports Centre every Tuesday 7:30pm to 9:30pm from 2 August 2011 (inclusive).

The club operates on a pay as you go basis at £6 per session (£5 for ladies). Tournament grade goose feather shuttlecocks will be used for every session.

Please note that as we are an informal social group and we are not covered by any insurance.

How to get to Bancroft’s School Sports Centre

Address:
    Bancroft’s School Sports Centre
    Woodford Green
    Essex IG8 0RF

By Car:
    Bancroft school is off the A406 North Circular and on the A104 in Woodford Green. There is ample free parking on site.

By Public Transport:
    Bus 179 stops outside the school along Whitehall Lane and can be taken from either Chingford Rail Station or South Woodford Underground Station.

Please drop me a private message if you are interested.

9. General Foo

General Foo Regular Member

student
    what shuttles do you use and how many people, courts on a regular night?

10. Blade_123

Blade_123 Regular Member

Accountant
    Badminton in East London

We are using the Yonex Aerosensa 30 shuttlecocks and turnout is usually around 18 people (12 men and 6 ladies). Please drop me a private message if you are interested in attending.

11. General Foo

General Foo Regular Member

student
    hi blade. sounds like a good quality club you have there. atm, its a bit far out for me but thanks for replying...

12. Antonios

Antonios New Member

Hi Ome and the others,

I am also looking for a badminton buddy near Mill Hill, London. I am an intermediate player, competitive, very enthusiastic. Give me a message back if you are interested, or have questions.
    Ciao,

Antonios