advice/suggestions to build a indoor badminton court

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by khanna, May 17, 2011.

1. khanna

khanna Regular Member

Friends ,

(hope I have posted in the right place)

I am planning to build a indoor badminton court in India . I am looking for companies which can help me do this ? I spoke with flexcourt . Has anyone here worked with flexcourt ? how is their product and after-sales-support ?

I am also looking for advice on :

1) how my indoor lighting should be ?
    2) best choice for roofing that would be allow sunlight and last long ?
    3) how should my side walls be - regular brick/cement walls or is there a better cost effective solution ?

sorry - too many questions . Thanks in advance .

2. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

wow, your building your own court !:D cool :cool:

3. druss

druss Regular Member

1. indirect lighting is best (i.e. no bare bulbs to affect eyesight at on high clears). There are various ways to do this, many choose to use lights that point up at the ceiling instead of down, some use normal lights with a cover on them to prevent glare.

2. I would not suggest a skylight anywhere, at the right (or wrong depending on how you look at it) time of day you will have direct sun which you could end up staring into. I'd suggest the same type of wall covering as for the walls for the ceiling.

3. Most private clubs here paint the walls (or coat them with a plastic coating) a light blue/green.

4. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

5. khanna

khanna Regular Member

Thanks a lot - Friends . That was of much help . I've some fair idea about court .
    Now I need some information about building structure . I could hardly get any detail
    about this on internet .

Typical brick/mortar walls and ceilings - is this the only way ? :confused:
    or do we have any other option like using steel trusses with fiber sheets for side walls
    and ceiling ? My civil engineer here gave me a suggestion of building side walls using
    brick for 15 feet height and then go with steel truss for the remaining 15 feet ?
    But he does not have idea about good/suitable material to be used for walls/ceilings along with steel truss .

In case of steel truss - the only advantage I see is - I can sell it off for some price
    when I want to dismantle the court .

I'm just in "feasibility study" phase . So still a long way to go :eek:

6. engrforever

engrforever New Member

Kanna,

Can you share how did your "feasibility study" go? I am interested in knowing what you learned for a location outside of India.

7. AimUk

AimUk Regular Member

I don't know if there are building regulations in india, but you would need to get an engineer to safely design it all EU Countries these days, the loadings have to be checked and the ground that you're building on also checked.

In terms of time & labour cost, i'd advise not using normal house bricks but concrete building blocks, would take alot less time.

I'd agree about the steel frame, a badminton court would create a span of roof smallest that would be at least 9100 (6100 court width and approx 3000 for space on the sides and even more for the rear sides of the court), which you are nearly always looking at steel beams for a safe structure.

In terms of lighting, darker coloured walls and lights that are along the sides of the court are much prefered. Badminton england say that lights should be at least 700mm away from either side of the court.

Try and avoid a concrete floor if you can, they're typically used for quick construction but will do no favours for your legs!

Here's their guidance / specification document.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&...Ycb9nX&sig=AHIEtbS0sig319XVSA4pmj5jHPxkTJHMSg

#7 AimUk, Nov 13, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2011
  8. khanna

khanna Regular Member

engrforever ,

While collecting the details for building a indoor court, I was parallely looking for
    options to lease some vacant land . But reality was something different and the math
    did not work out in my favor . So high is the land lease cost here in India. Without
    owning a piece of land - building badminton court looks like a herculean task . Doesn't
    make sense to me . I gave up this idea.

9. sonu_rupesh2000

sonu_rupesh2000 New Member

service
    inddor court

Hi Khanna,

Let me know if you are still interested in building badminton court

10. amleto

amleto Regular Member

why dont you PM instead of digging up an old thread?

11. Prabha_2015

Prabha_2015 New Member

Hey inddor court I am also interested to build a badminton court. Can u help?

12. suprotim

suprotim New Member

Business
    Planning to build a hall with three badminton courts [2 wooden, 1 cement] in South Kolkata. Looking for sponsorships/project partners. If interested, then pls email me at suprotim.mukherjee@gmail.com

Thanks.

13. suprotim

suprotim New Member

Business
    Let me know what details you need.

I am planning to build a hall with three badminton courts [2 wooden, 1 cement] in South Kolkata. Looking for sponsorships/project partners. If interested, then pls email me at suprotim.mukherjee@gmail.com

Thanks.

14. racketman123

racketman123 Regular Member

Dentist in training...
  15. Omkar Pawar

Omkar Pawar New Member

I am thinking of developing badminton court. Need some basic information 1st.

What type of land is required for building court? Is it allowed to build it on owned NA plot? Or do i need to convert it to commercial plot? What govt procedure I have to follow?

Need to start from land 1st.. long way ahead. Thanks in advance.