User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by miksss View Post
    hehe..not me say, but many of the badminton commentator said that MKY has the same style with Susi.. During the math between TJY vs MKY in Uber Cup, the commentator in TV1 Malaysia also say like that.. even Susi also admitted that MKY has the same style with her..hehe
    Similar style, yes. Although not all.
    Same level, no
    I think all INA current WS are at similar level. And Maria Febe found it difficult to defeat 39 years old Susi at charity match. Stamina saved her. So, with that kind of comparison, since Maria Febe was INA 1st WS at that time, I would say that Susi at her peak is 1-2 level higher than all INA current WS, including MKY. Sorry to say.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by naistav View Post
    Same level, no
    I think all INA current WS are at similar level. And Maria Febe found it difficult to defeat 39 years old Susi at charity match. Stamina saved her. So, with that kind of comparison, since Maria Febe was INA 1st WS at that time, I would say that Susi at her peak is 1-2 level higher than all INA current WS, including MKY. Sorry to say.
    We are talking about Susi, the only INA WS player to win OLY gold and Bronze. The current INA WS players can play bridesmaids to Susi. Susi at her peak can beat the best CHN WS, in fact she gave Ye Shao Ying, CHN best WS player at that time, I think a 15-0 or 15-1 in a match. So in all likelihood, the current INA WS players will get 15-0 spanking if they play Susi at her peak. I like her serve, wicked and intimidating. Simply the best. I don't think we will see another Susi from INA, not even close.
    Last edited by OneToughBirdie; 07-25-2011 at 12:50 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just googled the result of All England finals from 1990-2011, Susi won 4 times, unfortunately after that Indonesia don't have any woman shuttler who can grab All England trophy.*

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by naistav View Post
    Same level, no
    Well, she probably said that out of politeness... Of course a 39 year old, since long-retired Susanti has no chance against an active pro, no matter how great she was during her prime. I didn't see this exhibition but I can not imagine Maria Febe played on full speed. Exhibitions are meant to entertain a crowd.

I was not following badminton during Susanti's reign but I have seen what there is to see on youtube and of course I see her greatness too, but I want to argue that Maria Kristin Yulianti is same level of talent. Just her injuries holding her back. Remember that the game was played at a slower pace 15 years ago.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CLELY View Post
    She's the most successful WS player who won All England 4 times after Hiroe Yuki grabbed her 4th in 1977, Super Susi
    Only Asian Games Gold medal is out of her collection.
    4? not even close. just to name a couple

Judy Hashman (Devlin) won it SEVEN times, and
    Ethel Thomson won it TEN times.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4 times I think is good enough for her to be the greatest, considering how many more medals that she won. Plus she achieved all this in such dominating manner. And not to forget with the highest standard of fair play and sportmanship. No one till today play badminton as beautiful as she did.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ Yoppy : WS greatest ever player ? What is the reason ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She has won everything except for Asian Games.

There are only two players who are almost this close to be greater than her:

Wang Shixian or Wang Yihan. You pick?

Wang Shixian needs an Olympic gold and World Champ.

Wang Yihan needs Olympic gold and Asian Games

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fortune View Post
    @ Yoppy : WS greatest ever player ? What is the reason ?
    Reason, none, just bias. Susi is my favorite player, I would rate her one of the greatest. Some player may win more titlles, etc. Just like ZJH almost blanking a then world champion (Joko) 15-nothing in a major that ZJH is called one of the greatest, a magician. Susi at her prime took on the entire CHN wall beating them all and blanked a CHN #1 and world champion 15-0 or 15-1, not many player other than ZJH or Susi has accomplished these feat. As for Susi play, that is like ballet on badminton court, beautiful to watch. The way she serve with those intimidating eye, exudes confident. Prolly could say the greatest WS player INA hasever produced. I am bias too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uncle OTB, a word of advice: take a quick look at post history of the one you quoted (it's not that many, won't be time-consuming) and you'll know that sometimes, ignoring someone is a wise thing to do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vixter View Post
    Well, she probably said that out of politeness... Of course a 39 year old, since long-retired Susanti has no chance against an active pro, no matter how great she was during her prime. I didn't see this exhibition but I can not imagine Maria Febe played on full speed. Exhibitions are meant to entertain a crowd.

I was not following badminton during Susanti's reign but I have seen what there is to see on youtube and of course I see her greatness too, but I want to argue that Maria Kristin Yulianti is same level of talent. Just her injuries holding her back. Remember that the game was played at a slower pace 15 years ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I talked to Susi right after her match against Maria Febe... Susi said: "That was torture" Her face were all red... but smiling and laughing...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by repentedboy View Post
    She has won everything except for Asian Games. There are only two players who are almost this close to be greater than her:Wang Shixian or Wang Yihan. You pick?Wang Shixian needs an Olympic gold and World Champ.Wang Yihan needs Olympic gold and Asian Games
    Olympics wasn't held during LLW era, so it wasn't her fault if her title is not complete. How about title in arch rival country ? LLW has 4 INA open titles. How many CHN open title won by Susi ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    Reason, none, just bias. Susi is my favorite player, I would rate her one of the greatest. Some player may win more titlles, etc. Just like ZJH almost blanking a then world champion (Joko) 15-nothing in a major that ZJH is called one of the greatest, a magician. Susi at her prime took on the entire CHN wall beating them all and blanked a CHN #1 and world champion 15-0 or 15-1, not many player other than ZJH or Susi has accomplished these feat. As for Susi play, that is like ballet on badminton court, beautiful to watch. The way she serve with those intimidating eye, exudes confident. Prolly could say the greatest WS player INA hasever produced. I am bias too.
    And why Susi couldn't even win 1 title during LLW and HAP era ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Her greatness is quite questionable due to LLW and HAP

And why Susi couldn't even win 1 title during LLW and HAP era ?
    Yes that's really strange, Susi Susanti's emergence overlaps the later stage of LLW and HAP era but she couldnt get the better of them.

Slowly Tang JiuHong and Huang Hua came in to step into their shoes and only then Susi started to win big titles when the formers were gone.

Her greatness is still questionable somehow because she couldnt beat both LLW and HAP.

I bet if Rudy Hartono and Arbi are still here, Lin Dan can thrash them :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoppy View Post
    4 times I think is good enough for her to be the greatest, considering how many more medals that she won. Plus she achieved all this in such dominating manner. And not to forget with the highest standard of fair play and sportmanship. No one till today play badminton as beautiful as she did.
    I really don't get your logic. 4 titles is good enough to be the greatest. And how about the one who won 7 titles ? Who is greater ? 4 > 7 ?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really don't get your logic. 4 titles is good enough to be the greatest. And how about the one who won 7 titles ? Who is greater ? 4 > 7 ?
    Read again what I said, Susie did not only win 4 but also many other medals. OG, WC, UC, and many others.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast