User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoppy View Post
    Read again what I said, Susie did not only win 4 but also many other medals. OG, WC, UC, and many others.
    Yes she did win almost everything but her defeat and shortcomings against Li LingWei and HanAiping puts her greatness debate in doubt.

Just like Taufik Hidayat, won OG and WC but I see him getting pummelled by literally almost every player in the circuit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fortune View Post
    Olympics wasn't held during LLW era, so it wasn't her fault if her title is not complete. How about title in arch rival country ? LLW has 4 INA open titles. How many CHN open title won by Susi ?
    And that's definetely not Susi's fault too

Quote Originally Posted by Fortune View Post
    And why Susi couldn't even win 1 title during LLW and HAP era ?
    Quote Originally Posted by repentedboy View Post
    Yes that's really strange, Susi Susanti's emergence overlaps the later stage of LLW and HAP era but she couldnt get the better of them.

Slowly Tang JiuHong and Huang Hua came in to step into their shoes and only then Susi started to win big titles when the formers were gone.

Her greatness is still questionable somehow because she couldnt beat both LLW and HAP.

I bet if Rudy Hartono and Arbi are still here, Lin Dan can thrash them :P
    Yes she did win almost everything but her defeat and shortcomings against Li LingWei and HanAiping puts her greatness debate in doubt.

Just like Taufik Hidayat, won OG and WC but I see him getting pummelled by literally almost every player in the circuit.
    I guess Susi weren't in her prime at LLW and HAP era. Besides, who has won anything out of these two queen in 80's ? They were untouchable at that time.
    For me, I would prefer to say that LLW, HAP & Susi are "ranks among the greatest in the history of the women's game" (just like said in theirs wikipedia profile )
    Last edited by drquick; 07-01-2012 at 06:30 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anwy, I think it's useless to say that kind of "LD will trash any star player from the past" because there's no way we can see them face each other in their own prime time. Of course we all agree that LD is a great champions but again it is disrespectful even just to think that other great champions like Rudi and Arbi will easily trashed by LD. We will never know about it.

For Taufik, in time when he win OG, WC and others in mid 2000's, he definetely not a player that "getting pummelled by literally almost every player in the circuit". Even his lost to that many players, still he is one of the greatest MS player ever for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If anyone want to say that Susi wins just because the other 2 queens LLW and HAP were not there anymore , than it would be an insult for the others queens in 90's era such as Bang Soo Hyun, Ye Zhaoying, and also Tang Jiuhong and Huang Hua

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Susi was born on 1971. LLW on 1964 and HAP 1962. Susi was just a teenager when LLW/HAP were at their prime. How can they be compared?

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Qidong View Post
    Susi was born on 1971. LLW on 1964 and HAP 1962. Susi was just a teenager when LLW/HAP were at their prime. How can they be compared?
    They can be compared if one has a limited perspective and take players at their prime compared to a player gaining her experience.

Huang Hua? A good player but not on the same level as Susi. Nowhere near.
    Ye Zhao Ying? Great strokes but you know it's so hard to break Susi's mental toughness and consistency
    Bang Soo Hyun, Tang JiuHong - Susi probably rallied them into retirement

However, Susi, Huang, Ye, Bang, Tang showed the change of style from the domination of Han AiPing/Li LingWei moving to the modern era badminton.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes that's really strange, Susi Susanti's emergence overlaps the later stage of LLW and HAP era but she couldnt get the better of them.

Slowly Tang JiuHong and Huang Hua came in to step into their shoes and only then Susi started to win big titles when the formers were gone.

Her greatness is still questionable somehow because she couldnt beat both LLW and HAP.

I bet if Rudy Hartono and Arbi are still here, Lin Dan can thrash them :P
    cmon..sxxx up.....grow up....its true Susi couldnt beat Lilingwei, but Susi did beat Han aiping in 1989..cant remember what tournament..but i think it was the World Cup....

and how old was she at that time..16 or barely 17....can China produce a player like susi or taufik...winning tournaments at the age of 16 or 17...cmon grow up will you...dont put a rubbish comment in this thread....

You cant compare Lin Dan and Rudy...Rudy is a Legend hahahahah....

i dont hate lin dan...but your comment was too harsh....hahaha

rudy won most of his titles..especially the All England with Wooden Racket...WOODEN RACKET hahahahahah
    once again GROW UP and think before you post your comment

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

here we go again..

OG - Taufik won fair and square (everybody needs to be well prepared for Olympic)..if they dont ..too bad
    WC - Taufik outclassed LCW in the SF and Lindan in the final ....WAITTTTTT...in the OLD SCORING SYSTEM

and then 1 more year after the WC..here comes the ASIAN GAMES (where taufik was a defending champion)...but this time..WITH A NEW SCORING SYSTEM.....and guess what..Taufik beat Bao chunlai in the QF, LCW in the SF and Lindan again in the FINAL..all of them in STRAIGHT GAMES...

hmmm.....dare to put more comment???????????

OH YEAH, i forgot to mention...Taufik was the FIRST PLAYER which held an OLYMPIC title as well as WORLD CHAMPION title at the same time.....plus the thomas cup that he won in 2000 and 2002

end of comment

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a thread about Susy, a great player on her own... and all of a sudden, it was infested by pointless debate about Taufik's achievements and his greatness.
    Things are getting sour, and unless everyone stay calm (and to some extent... mature), flame war will start soon. Then the mods will 'intervene' and the thread will be closed... which I don't want it to happen.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jagdpanther View Post
    This is a thread about Susy, a great player on her own... and all of a sudden, it was infested by pointless debate about Taufik's achievements and his greatness.
    Things are getting sour, and unless everyone stay calm (and to some extent... mature), flame war will start soon. Then the mods will 'intervene' and the thread will be closed... which I don't want it to happen.
    True. I did consider deleting the off topic threads beforehand but choose to leave them as an example.

You can see in these comparisons that Li Ling Wei/Han Ai Ping were better than Susi because of a defeat. But we never saw those two play Susi after 1990 which would have been more relevant as Susi's level got better and better. However, very strangely, some pro-chinese player supporters choose to ignore this very relevant information.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jagdpanther View Post
    yeah jagdpanther..i couldnt agree more with you..and i apologize for my comments...its just that, this forum is dedicated for Susi...and some pro chinese supporter brought Taufik's achievements into this thread....

its just not right

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bh185008 View Post
    yeah jagdpanther..i couldnt agree more with you..and i apologize for my comments...its just that, this forum is dedicated for Susi...and some pro chinese supporter brought Taufik's achievements into this thread....

its just not right
    Hahahahahaha

Juat relaxe bro.. even in an indonesian forum about badminton there's a thread dedicate to susi and it turn out to be a very hot debate comparing Susi to LLW and others CHN WS. There's someone who very objection that we indonesian for our own consider Susi as the very best WS ever. If you see there a lot of insult to Susi and that person even dear to say Susi as a looser. I wonder if that is the one who made the complaint here too
    http://forum.detik.com/all-susi-susanti-t54430.html

Sorry I'm not try to flame here just want to share
    Last edited by drquick; 07-03-2012 at 07:38 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bh185008 View Post
    cmon..sxxx up.....grow up....its true Susi couldnt beat Lilingwei, but Susi did beat Han aiping in 1989..cant remember what tournament..but i think it was the World Cup....
    No, she lost to Huang Hua in 2 straight games in 1989.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheung View Post
    True. I did consider deleting the off topic threads beforehand but choose to leave them as an example.

You can see in these comparisons that Li Ling Wei/Han Ai Ping were better than Susi because of a defeat. But we never saw those two play Susi after 1990 which would have been more relevant as Susi's level got better and better. However, very strangely, some pro-chinese player supporters choose to ignore this very relevant information.
    may be as both Li Lingwei and Han Aiping were retried on/before 1990 got something to do with it

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

True. I did consider deleting the off topic threads beforehand but choose to leave them as an example.You can see in these comparisons that Li Ling Wei/Han Ai Ping were better than Susi because of a defeat. But we never saw those two play Susi after 1990 which would have been more relevant as Susi's level got better and better. However, very strangely, some pro-chinese player supporters choose to ignore this very relevant information.
    Some CHN choose to ignore this relevant information? Maybe not. Maybe they just lack the intelligence and imagination to extrapolate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drquick View Post
    HahahahahahaJuat relaxe bro.. even in an indonesian forum about badminton there's a thread dedicate to susi and it turn out to be a very hot debate comparing Susi to LLW and others CHN WS. There's someone who very objection that we indonesian for our own consider Susi as the very best WS ever. If you see there a lot of insult to Susi and that person even dear to say Susi as a looser. I wonder if that is the one who made the complaint here too http://forum.detik.com/all-susi-susanti-t54430.htmlSorry I'm not try to flame here just want to share
    Yes. I'm that person. They insult LLW as a p********e, bcoz they can't accept the fact that LLW is greater tban susi
    I guess Susi weren't in her prime at LLW and HAP era. Besides, who has won anything out of these two queen in 80's ? They were untouchable at that time.
    Li Lingwei (and also HAP) dominates the 1980's era, known as "the golden era of WS badminton". An era which is Susi can't even win one title, bcoz Susi is not that great. She only can dominates in the "silver or even bronze era of WS badminton"
    And that's definetely not Susi's fault too
    LLW never won OG bcoz no OG on her era, so it wasn't her fault. Susi can't even win 1 CHN open title. Not Susi's fault ?
    Last edited by Fortune; 07-05-2012 at 09:45 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Qidong View Post
    They can be compared if one has a limited perspective and take players at their prime compared to a player gaining her experience.Huang Hua? A good player but not on the same level as Susi. Nowhere near.Ye Zhao Ying? Great strokes but you know it's so hard to break Susi's mental toughness and consistencyBang Soo Hyun, Tang JiuHong - Susi probably rallied them into retirement However, Susi, Huang, Ye, Bang, Tang showed the change of style from the domination of Han AiPing/Li LingWei moving to the modern era badminton.
    Susi not only strugle to LLW and HAP, but also to many players in "the golden era of WS badminton". 16 years old Susi has the chance to compete in 1987 World Championships. In 1988, she was a playing member of INA Uber Cup squad that enters semifinal. Actually, not many WS players has the same experience in major events compare to Susi, but she even can't win 1988 BAC and 1989 Taiwan open, even though there was no world class players in both events.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast