User Tag List

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fortune View Post
    It's the fact that oppose Susi from being the best, not me
    What fact?? your bla bla that i ignored?? you call that fact?? look boy.....get a mirror, if you cant find one, i dont mind sending a big one for you (Cos i know a small mirror wont fit your head)
    Another thread ? For what ? The title of this thread is very clear : "Tribute to WS greatest ever player: Susi "the Ballerina Susanti"....you already said that she is the greatest. So now it is your turn to support your claim
    I did not create this thread for a debate, whos the world best, cos i know it will stir a debate. All my innitial intention merely was to create one since there is no specific thread about her. Thats why I call it a "tribute". My apology if the title says "world greatest ever", but it was my best opinion. Are we clear now??

By this no mean im afraid of any debate, SUSI SUSANTI is world greatest WS player EVER!!!

Bring it on mommy boy....!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh Fortune, why are you so against Susi? has she done something bad to you like beating you 15-0 15-0?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name:  donotfeedthetroll.jpg
Views: 363
Size:  12.8 KB

You're talking to a fella who insists that All England is not a prestigious title. Whaddya expect?
    Last edited by Jagdpanther; 07-10-2012 at 04:17 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by irwan_kho View Post
    oh Fortune, why are you so against Susi?
    I'm just presenting the fact. If susi not good enough to become the greatest, then blame the fact, not me
    Quote Originally Posted by irwan_kho View Post
    has she done something bad to you like beating you 15-0 15-0?
    Since when WS players using 15 x 3 scoring system ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoppy View Post
    What fact?? your bla bla that i ignored?? you call that fact?? look boy.....get a mirror, if you cant find one, i dont mind sending a big one for you (Cos i know a small mirror wont fit your head)
    So it is not a fact ? Which of my post that are not a fact, yoppy ?
    I did not create this thread for a debate, whos the world best, cos i know it will stir a debate . All my innitial intention merely was to create one since there is no specific thread about her. Thats why I call it a "tribute". My apology if the title says "world greatest ever", but it was my best opinion. Are we clear now??
    When you said about something or someone that are against the fact, surely it will stir to a debate.
    By this no mean im afraid of any debate, SUSI SUSANTI is world greatest WS player EVER!!!Bring it on mommy boy....!!!
    Just make it simple. Do you have the fact to support your claim ? . If no, then I also can say Han Jingna or someone else as the greatest WS ever...other member also can say, Hisako Mizui as the greatest ever

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jagdpanther View Post
    You're talking to a fella who insists that All England is not a prestigious title. Whaddya expect?
    ..speaking of the AE, if i recall correct, i also remember one of the posters in this thread (not Fortune) also mentioned (to an extent), in another thread/post, that the AE is not one of the major or prestigious titles in badminton simply because Taufik hasn't won it....Yeah, tell that to the many LCW fans..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ..speaking of the AE, if i recall correct, i also remember one of the posters in this thread (not Fortune) also mentioned (to an extent), in another thread/post, that the AE is not one of the major or prestigious titles in badminton simply because Taufik hasn't won it....Yeah, tell that to the many LCW fans..
    Then to Lin Dan, Malaysia and Indonesia Opens are ******** tournaments because he never won it.

Taufik never won All England after 12 attempts, there's a good reason for it. Needless to say more.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by repentedboy View Post
    Then to Lin Dan, Malaysia and Indonesia Opens are ******** tournaments because he never won it.

Taufik never won All England after 12 attempts, there's a good reason for it. Needless to say more.
    ..i wish if i can find or locate that post(s) by the member who mentioned it..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no matter what is your judgement to Susi but she's one of the greatest badminton ladies badminton player. also she had won the gold medallion at the Barcelona Olympic Games same with her husband.

I'm just presenting the fact. If susi not good enough to become the greatest, then blame the fact, not me Since when WS players using 15 x 3 scoring system ?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the contention here is "one of the greatest" isn't the same as simply "The Greatest", the former may be more acceptable and less provocative than the latter claim. As for me,I'm neutral because I haven't set my mind on who is The Greatest WS of All Time, the jury is still out; whatever it is,the choice is personal and subjective even for players of the same era though arguable and more justifiable based on their results,let alone of different eras. Peace.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    I think the contention here is "one of the greatest" isn't the same as simply "The Greatest", the former may be more acceptable and less provocative than the latter claim. As for me,I'm neutral because I haven't set my mind on who is The Greatest WS of All Time, the jury is still out; whatever it is,the choice is personal and subjective even for players of the same era though arguable and more justifiable based on their results,let alone of different eras. Peace.
    Susi is history. Back in the days when badminton was not popular worldwide and other players got no access to the best training and technology of the sports. Even I do question Rudy Hartono and Morten Frost achievements back as not so great because it seems like they are the only ones who know how to hold the racket and hit the shuttle properly while others dont because they do not have the privilege to learn that philosophy.

Now is different. Everybody can train and groom themselves into a good player as long as they have a good coach and funding from government. Just like tennis, I used to hear Serena Williams and her sister dominate the scene back then. Now when other countries pay more attention to tennis and hire better coach and revise their training programs, the sisters are no longer that good. You hear some random player coming out of nowhere from Nicaragua (just kidding), Czech republic, Italy to cause upsets in any grand slam tournament. And now we have Li Na a one hit Chinese wonder who
    won the french open.

The one I would say right now that it is in contention for the title "The Greatest"; "Tian Sha Di Yi"; "Terhebat" whatever you call it are the players from China.

Lin Dan is no doubt the reigning "The Greatest" and I do not see in 100 years anybody can even get as close to him.

As for the women singles who are in contention, well disagree with me all you like, for this present era:

Wang Yihan
    Wang Shixian

ps: (both have 6 good years ahead of them and their title collections are already damn impressive right now)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Susi is history. Back in the days when badminton was not popular worldwide and other players got no access to the best training and technology of the sports. Even I do question Rudy Hartono and Morten Frost achievements back as not so great because it seems like they are the only ones who know how to hold the racket and hit the shuttle properly while others dont because they do not have the privilege to learn that philosophy.

Now is different. Everybody can train and groom themselves into a good player as long as they have a good coach and funding from government. Just like tennis, I used to hear Serena Williams and her sister dominate the scene back then. Now when other countries pay more attention to tennis and hire better coach and revise their training programs, the sisters are no longer that good. You hear some random player coming out of nowhere from Nicaragua (just kidding), Czech republic, Italy to cause upsets in any grand slam tournament. And now we have Li Na a one hit Chinese wonder who
    won the french open.

The one I would say right now that it is in contention for the title "The Greatest"; "Tian Sha Di Yi"; "Terhebat" whatever you call it are the players from China.

Lin Dan is no doubt the reigning "The Greatest" and I do not see in 100 years anybody can even get as close to him.

As for the women singles who are in contention, well disagree with me all you like, for this present era:

Wang Yihan
    Wang Shixian

ps: (both have 6 good years ahead of them and their title collections are already damn impressive right now)
    OK,for Rudy Hartono,he's too far back, I can somewhat or grudgingly concede you on that point (but it may still invite criticism).

As for Morten Frost,he is a contemporary of Zhao Jianhua and Yang Yang, the former I consider one of the all time greats, how can all three not be qualified as great players, I find hard to accept? Maybe you only mean to say MF not so great but that's only your opinion, though I admit I place ZJH and YY slightly above him.

Lin Dan,I happen to concur with you, he is The Greatest of All Time - not expecting everybody to agree with me,naturally. However,to say he cannot be surpassed in 100 years, that's an excessive claim methinks, just for the next 20 to 30 years is good enough for me.

Women Singles,well, I'm still undecided, there are a few candidates I've in mind and I'm not saying who they are as any names I mention or omit will inevitably elicit arguments for or against. Let's not do it here,perhaps somebody might like to start another thread for it (oops,it'd provoke another war of words over there).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK,for Rudy Hartono,he's too far back, I can somewhat or grudgingly concede you on that point (but it may still invite criticism).

As for Morten Frost,he is a contemporary of Zhao Jianhua and Yang Yang, the former I consider one of the all time greats, how can all three not be qualified as great players, I find hard to accept? Maybe you only mean to say MF not so great but that's only your opinion, though I admit I place ZJH and YY slightly above him.

Lin Dan,I happen to concur with you, he is The Greatest of All Time - not expecting everybody to agree with me,naturally. However,to say he cannot be surpassed in 100 years, that's an excessive claim methinks, just for the next 20 to 30 years is good enough for me.

Women Singles,well, I'm still undecided, there are a few candidates I've in mind and I'm not saying who they are as any names I mention or omit will inevitably elicit arguments for or against. Let's not do it here,perhaps somebody might like to start another thread for it (oops,it'd provoke another war of words over there).
    I do not mind but for in this Open and Premier era, only these two players really stand out in the contention.

Ye ZhaoYing and Zhang Ning are not that GREAT but their contribution and effort to win many titles under their names will guarantee them a place in the Hall of Fame to be remembered. They are not one hit wonders and it's a pity they are not Lin Dan.

Wang Xin will never be in the Hall of Fame because it's too late for her to establish that but I will remember how much she actually contributed to the team overall just like Bao Chunlai.
    Without them, China as a team will not succeed. WSX and WYH are lucky to be around at the right place and time.

For the record, at the age of 24, WYH is just three titles short of matching ZN's career titles? Imagine after six years, how her title collections would turn out to be.
    As for WSX, I will say she is a big tournament player. Only 22 years old, she has only two major titles remaining to match Lin Dan's divine record.

Enough said, these two are in my ONLY list to contend for the Tian Sha Di Yi in WS category.
    Only time will tell whether LXR deserves to be added into the contention list because she has not proven yet in the grand occasion.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

..in 20 or 30 yrs, maybe even less, there could be no more badminton event in the OG (which probably will secure LD's case)..Last heard/read, badminton event could be taken out by 2020 OG (reason is lacking support)..

anyway, you 2, let's leave this thread before the rest of the INA and Susy's supporters chase you guys around..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4 times I think is good enough for her to be the greatest, considering how many more medals that she won. Plus she achieved all this in such dominating manner. And not to forget with the highest standard of fair play and sportmanship. No one till today play badminton as beautiful as she did.
    When 9 titles is very possible, surely 4 is not enough (She can surpass the achievement of Rudi Hartono from pre-historic era). Many of Susi's rivals looks down to All England (9 times out of 10 editions in Susi's era)...but the result was very - very shocking : Susi won AE 3 times (exclude AE 1991) and failed 6 times !
    Quote Originally Posted by Jagdpanther View Post
    Name:  donotfeedthetroll.jpg
Views: 363
Size:  12.8 KBYou're talking to a fella who insists that All England is not a prestigious title. Whaddya expect?
    LLW, Ye ZY, Lim XQ, Bang SH, GZC & Zhang Ning looks down to All England (or maybe they looks down to Susi ? )...they played in Swedish Open (held 1 week before AE)...but in the end, they can beat the fresh, focus and greatest Susi (according to her fanatic fans). When greatest player only focus in 1 tournament, who on earth can beat her again and again ? Greatest player lose to an average players whom are not fresh and focus again and again ? Where is the logic ?
    Last edited by Fortune; 07-13-2012 at 10:19 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Susi in her New Hairstyle talks about London Olympics

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When 9 titles is very possible, surely 4 is not enough (She can surpass the achievement of Rudi Hartono from pre-historic era). Many of Susi's rivals looks down to All England (9 times out of 10 editions in Susi's era)...but the result was very - very shocking : Susi won AE 3 times (exclude AE 1991) and failed 6 times ! LLW, Ye ZY, Lim XQ, Bang SH, GZC & Zhang Ning looks down to All England (or maybe they looks down to Susi ? )...they played in Swedish Open (held 1 week before AE)...but in the end, they can beat the fresh, focus and greatest Susi (according to her fanatic fans). When greatest player only focus in 1 tournament, who on earth can beat her again and again ? Greatest player lose to an average players whom are not fresh and focus again and again ? Where is the logic ?
    Very provocative.
    Some can praise a player as they please, but should other disagree, better not to put nasty discredit like this.
    YZY achievements is ... where is her OG gold? 96? No. It's BSH, 2000? She was ordered to lose to GZC. 2004? Oh she was retired. 1992? Oops.. Susi won at age 21, and err .. YZY was too young of 18 yrs. Some say if not won in young age, she is not good, Eh?
    GZC gold medal 2000 was tainted, YZY was ordered to lose to her.
    BSH, She never won WC.
    So, with slightly better achievement of Susi had, why they should looks down to Susi? Where is the logic?
    LLW, HA both are Susi's idol, were unlucky to not having OG held on their era. In my opinion, if they are at same era, there would be good rivalry.
    ZN is comparable to Susi, maybe slightly better in achievement (despite of OG 2008 are some considered as a bit controversy of her won over XXF)
    Ehm, btw, ZN never won AE, although she participated most of her years career.
    So, Susi might not be the only one greatest, but she is definitely one of the greatest WS.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast