User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jason123 View Post
    Hello, Is Nanospeed 2000 a "modern racket"
    Sir, the Yonex Nanospeed 2000 is technically a "modern racquet" which is made of good quality carbon graphite. However the most determining factor in whether if you can play at high tensions is your stringer itself. If your stringer is someone who is only aiming to earn some money out of you by stringing your racquet with not much passion or knowledge on how to string a badminton racquet properly, he can break your racquet even stringing at a relatively low tension of 24lbs. I advise you to stay in the store with your stringer for about half a day observing his stringing style and technique. You can be your own judge or just post another thread to describe what your stringer does and ask if it is a good stringer's habit.

Quote Originally Posted by pbe4507 View Post
    what is the different analog and digital string tension?
    Simply put, a manual crank machine strings analog string tensions and an electronic machine strings "digital" string tensions. The electronic machine is significantly more consistent in getting your desired tension (so 99% of the time with the same racquet the same machine will give you the same exact feel for an X tension, crank machine most likely not).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default If I string above the tension I am comfortable with on paper, will my racquet snap?

No, your racquet will NOT just suddenly snap if you push the warranted tension by 1 or 2lbs above what is stated. The maximum tolerable tension for quality graphite racquets is usually a whopping 37-38lbs or even higher when mounted properly on a good stringing machine. This brings us to the next FAQ.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How do I know if my stringer is competent?

Put it simply, actually spend sometime with the stringer you are looking forward to have your racquet strung by and observe his or her behaviour and attitude towards stringing other peoples' racquets. You will definitive find out a lot from spending the time to observe the stringer doing one or two racquets from start to finish.

Sometimes, if your stringer does use an old two point mount machine and has lacklustre technique (ask here if you notice something but you're not sure if the action is good), you can even observe him or her breaking a racquet and the subsequent "clean up". From here then you are able to judge yourself if your stringer is competent enough to string your racquet properly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, I read the part on the mis hitting the shuttercork which will stress the racket and may break/crack it,

I'm actually using an old racket Carbonex 8SP and I've mis hit hundreds of times and now I'm worried that my racket will crack soon if I continue hitting the shutter with the frame,
    Is there a way to prolong the life of the Racket as i'm a beginner and often mis hit? Will lower tension helps to reduce stress on the frame work and hence prolonging the life of the racket?

I'm currently stringing at 21lbs

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bigbadguy View Post
    Hi, I read the part on the mis hitting the shuttercork which will stress the racket and may break/crack it,

I'm actually using an old racket Carbonex 8SP and I've mis hit hundreds of times and now I'm worried that my racket will crack soon if I continue hitting the shutter with the frame,
    Is there a way to prolong the life of the Racket as i'm a beginner and often mis hit? Will lower tension helps to reduce stress on the frame work and hence prolonging the life of the racket?

Thanks
    Sir, you do not even need to have any string on your racquet frame, and if you keep mishitting the shuttle and contact it on the frame, the frame will still crack eventually. No string tension can help with your problem at all.

The only solution is to tidy up your technique and hit the shuttle properly contacting it at the stringbed sweetspot and not contact the shuttle at all at the frame.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you Sir for the infomation, I will brush up my techniques to prolong my racket life

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anybody has experiences with Victor rackets strung above the 30lbs? Actually I use my MX80's at 28x30lbs with BG66UM. This tensions feels ok, but I want to increase next time. Does anybody know a limit of possible tension? Maybe the guys with a broken rackets?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some rackets lose their response at tensions over their recommended rating. If the frame contorts too much from its original shape, you wont get the ideal response from the racket. You can sense this if you hit with your racket and it has a drawn-out vibration (feels like a buzz in your hand, like cheap/imitation rackets) rather than a crisp hit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bigbadguy View Post

Thanks
    Unless you are hitting with a force to split the cork of the shuttle, dont worry about it. Carbonex are fine at that tension, and if it is that old simply pick up a newer Yonex if it dies. You are more likely to break from a clash.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe you want to add what are the possible causes of breakage?

1) Manufacturing defects (There's always a % of defects depending on the models).
    2) Grommet issues - Getting sharp. Exposure to heat
    3) string exposed to heat or expired possibly too long kept like after 1-2 years?
    4) Frame impact damage due to hitting the shuttles on the frame or a tiny clash.
    5) Machine tension callibration issue. Tension not accurate.
    6) Too many times high tension stringing and playing (aging racket). Eg. strung more than 5 times at tension more than the recommended or at near max tension.

Do add on. So that most will be aware of it.

Lastly ( I think most will not agree).
    Lousy player. lol
    Abusive player. lol

Also, can you guess how many rackets a person will break in their lifetime?
    Intermediate and advance level. 1, 2, 3, or 10?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    Yonex USA requests that all warranty claims must have string on the racket. so they must have some way to approximate the tension. probably not the most accurate but if it is way over say 28+ lbs they should be able to tell.
    If a Yonex racket is strung with Zymax strings, can I make warranty claim with Yonex?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's the different badminton racquet hand stringing vs machine stringing?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2