Racket collection>>>>

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by roymadd, Apr 25, 2003.

1. roymadd

roymadd Regular Member

Tech
    Dear all BF/BC fans...

Currently i am having Yonex cab21sp, Ti10sp and Iso Slim 10sp in my bag...and i plan to get another Ti10(backup), Iso 800 tour sp, and Iso-Ti-SS-sp(new orenge)....what did you`ll think...is it worth to keep these racket..eventhough i not using them frequently.....???? Do ppl's keep their rackets or they just thrown it away and get new one...???

Need your feedbacks....
    :eek:

2. Yodums

Yodums Regular Member

After getting a new main racquet (Currently being replaced), I'm trying to sell my third racquet since all it's doing is collecting dust. I mean if you don't use it, what's the point of keeping it. It's just depreciating as it stays there and you can sell it now. It is usefulf or someone to play with if they break their string or something though.

3. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    I'd say save yourself the bother of getting ISO800, Ti SP. Get the Ti10. And keep the old racquets.

4. valourarc

valourarc Regular Member

Professional
    Practically, if you play at the club level, you really only need 3 racquets in your bag (2 identical racquets + just-in-case/spare racquet). That being said, I don't sell any of my old racquets because they have nostalgic value to me (i.e. my Cab20 has been with me for 10 years and eventhough I would never use it again, it's sentimental value is really high).

5. AMRaider

AMRaider Regular Member

I agree with Valourarc. I still have my Cab20 Power from highschool(purchased in 1996) and I don't think I will ever get rid of it. Just having it brings back fond memories, and playing with it reminds me of playing badminton in highschool.
    I really like my new Cab23 I got just last month. It plays great, but it just doesn't have the same sentimental value of my old Cab20 Power. ;)

6. roymadd

roymadd Regular Member

Tech
    Guys...does this mean i need to get one cab 20 like you'll have....to tell the truth...i never had a chances to play with cab 20 original....here in my place there is only selling cab 20 special due to out of stocks....should i had a try...???

from all the rackets that i have, i glad to play with all of them...
    especially Ti10sp....good menuever, powerfull smash...but bc's it is heavy, it causing pain at my elbow in long hour play...
    when im playing with cab 21sp...there is less pain but poor in menuever....
    when goes to slim 10sp i had a fast smash and poor in menuever....

I really² need help.....

1) should i cont' with Ti10...???
    2) should i try to find cab 20...???
    3) should i fine another series...???

any suggestion...thanks.:mad:

7. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    honestly, imho, you don't *need* any more rackets. you already have 3 decent rackets in your bag. and they are not broken. and you want to buy 3 more rackets? many people here only have one racket to play with and they treat them as gold.

you also mentioned you get pain playing with a Ti-10. then i think what you need is not more rackets, some some good training and perhaps spend the money on a coach. that's what you *need*. not more rackets.

8. roymadd

roymadd Regular Member

Tech
    Tq for the adv. kwun and all.....but i heard Ti10 will discontinue so i might need to have a spare...bc's accident might happend no body knows.......I perhaps will spend the money on a coach to improve myplaystyle...

:D

9. mojoe

mojoe Regular Member

student
    ti10 is already discontinued, but you can still find them in asia or a few stores in North America

10. Yodums

Yodums Regular Member

2 Backups isn't secure enough!? ;)

11. roymadd

roymadd Regular Member

Tech
    yodums....why is that..???:confused:

12. AMRaider

AMRaider Regular Member

Since 1996, I only had one good racquet (Cab20 Power). Only in the past couple months though I have bought a couple more (Cab23 and Cab20Muscle). I think the trick here is to find out which racquet you like the best, and then buy 2 or 3 of them.
    That way you can store one(safe keeping, collecting in case they discontinue it, extra back-up), and play with the other 2.
    Also, if you want to be extra safe when playing doubles with someone you don't know, you could get a similar, less expensive (beater racquet) to start with until you think the other person won't clash with your good racquets.
    Hehe, if you want a good example of this, just look at Cheung. I think he has six Cab20 CN racquets plus a few others.

http://www.badmintonforum.com/vb/sh...id=65&perpage=25&highlight=stock&pagenumber=1
    (bottom of the page)

13. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Undergrad
    Hmm, i think i can safely say, like most of the people in this forum that have more experience with a wider range of rackets. I think i can say that after a period of time, u tend to stick more towards 1 racket or a few rackets with similar specs.

Think about it this way, your in high school and u get a girlfriend, then 3 months later u realise shes not the one for you. So u break up and move on...... Then again, it happens in uni and several time in your early working career before u finally settle down with 1.

Like a racket..... ;) Pretty much the same....

Unfortunately for me, i'm a real badminton "player" and i still have 3 rackets in my bag, haven't been able to let go of the previous 2.

HAHA :p

14. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

well noticed...

err, total is now 9 cab 20, 7 of them CN version, 2 are KR version. :eek:The three I use regularly for the last two years were bought 2nd hand and still play really well.:D
    Maybe all of these can last my badmiton lifetime. Cab20 power is an excellent racquet.

15. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Cheung, does your wife knows about all these new rackets?

16. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

17. Yodums

Yodums Regular Member

Do you have some hanging off the wall or do you carry it all in your bag? Do you have some kind of self-made secruity system on that bag if you carry that around all the time? :)