Please suggest a racquet similar to Armortec 250

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by paroxysmal, May 19, 2011.

1. paroxysmal

paroxysmal Regular Member

Yes
    Currently I use following racquets:

Yonex Arcsaber Z-slash
    Yonex Muscle power
    Yonex Nanospeed

Yesterday I played with friend's Armortec 250 and totally fell in love with it. I won't go into the details but in short, I thought it was just perfect for me. Problem is, it's no more in production and is very hard to find in local stores.

Can you suggest racquets similar to Yonex Armortec 250, which are easily available? I mean the ergonomics, shaft, rim, head, shape, etc should be very similar to Armortec 250.

Thank you.

2. JukUx

JukUx Regular Member

i had armortec 250 for a bit its like flex and super head heavy lol umm armortec 600? probably close to it i think. Umm, armortec 700? maybe vt 70 not too sure. I haven't touched my armortec 250 infact i gave it to my friend lol :p just look into a racket thats flex and head heavy :p

3. paroxysmal

paroxysmal Regular Member

Yes
    ^^ Thanks JukUx. Again a basic query. How do you select a racquet which is 'Flex' and 'Head heavy', rather 'Super head heavy', while purchasing?

4. Iori

Iori Regular Member

A short handle, head heavy racket would be the AT700, but is less head heavy than AT250. The new VT80 is also short handle and from what I've read very head heavy but I've not used it yet.

The "delta power frame" is only available on mid-end Taiwan made rackets. I think Victor has something similar called the sword frame so you can try finding a head heavy victor racket.

5. Iori

Iori Regular Member

You can measure the balance point of a racket (balance it on your finger or ruler). Yonex calls bp of 300mm+ head heavy, for reference my at900p has bp 308mm, all 3 of my at250 has bp of 315mm+, my arc8dx 2u has bp of 295mm which is even balance.

In terms of flex, the best way is to hammer a shot and feel for the flex. A stiff racket would require more force.

6. JukUx

JukUx Regular Member

yeah what Iori said, every racket has a balance point. Also, you can shake it around and tell if its head heavy. slightly head heavy, even balance etc. Like you have z slash which is slight head heavy nanospeed, which is head light. and depending on what type of muscle power you have it could be even balance. That's how I tell them without measuring haha D: just shake the around and compare with what you have!

and yes, the best the way to determine flex would be like to smash or do hit a few birds with it. Stiff rackets require more force while flex don't. If you have a NS9900, thats like extra stiff according to YY. and ZS would be just stiff and idk what kind of Muscle Power you have :p

AT900P is pretty similar to AT 250 as well i guess but more stiff and head heavy
    I would classify BP of 295mm as slight head heavy tho rather than even balance

7. samsudd_s

samsudd_s Regular Member

clerk
    try AT300...i got one if u want to buy it. sell at rm250. 1 tiny paintchip...will email should u interested.