Badminton lifes - the ultimate badminton athlete

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by gingerphil79, May 20, 2011.

1. gingerphil79

gingerphil79 Regular Member

Sports massage therapist
    Who here has bought this and what did you think about it?

2. MSeeley

MSeeley Regular Member

Professional
    I bought it immediately and it is, in my opinion, a comprehensive guide to conditioning your self to becoming a fully competitive badminton player. It is not something that will help people who are looking for a quick fix. It has great stuff on injury prevention and muscle regeneration after strenuous matches/ tournaments (or training sessions) in the form of foam rolling and stretching. It includes great warmup exercises (including neural activation exercises), off court strength exercises, plyometric strength exercises (for the whole body).

I would definitely recommend it to anyone who plays a lot of badminton and (1) aches afterwards and wants to know how to stop this from happening or (2) wants to take their physical conditioning to a very high (maybe even professional) standard, advice coming from the current canadian top physical trainer for the current canadian mens singles national champions.

I was not dissappointed. The videos that demonstrate the exercises also come with a spread sheet that tells you how many repetitions you should be doing, what you should be doing each day (which exercises), how hard (in terms of heart rate) you should be working, and importantly how to recover from this workout. I find it is very comprehensive.

Matt

3. gingerphil79

gingerphil79 Regular Member

Sports massage therapist
    I wud agree with Matthew. It's def a great buy ESP if ur a dedicated badminton player. This shows you what to do exactly with a schedule and all aswell!!! From stretching to strengthing to fitness to injury prevention and regeneration. Al a player needs more is a diet plan lol.

I've played badminton now 5 Years and reached a good level but my fitness has always been my weakness no matter what I tried and I tried hard working my butt off but this system is telling me what to do, for how long and at exactly what tempo (heartrate) so over the next 4/5 months, as it's now the off season, il be using this system and I hope I can report back great results which I believe will happen!! :).

I truely believe with al the exercises in this system, it wil truly make me a more stronger, supple, flexible badminton player who can play faster, and longer than my competition rather than the other way about.

To any1 who is thinking bout buying this and isn't sure, if ur really into this sport, buy it. Most of it can be done with simple items such as rsistence bands, medicine ball and a Partner at times helps (il be using a good sturdy poll) outside lol but the exercises have to improve ur game. It's all badminton specific to make u faster and fitter on court. The great thing is the fitness part is al quality not quantity so u aren't spending hours getting fit when al u may need is 30 mins.

4. 0404kumar37

0404kumar37 New Member

Can you please let me know the what are the files that you get with this dvd, if you dont mind can you please screen capture the files for me, I want to see the number of videos we get, i heard there are about 70 videos, it would be great if you can screen capture the names of these videos.