Compact Frame - An alternative to the Z Slash?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by allyjack110, May 20, 2011.

1. allyjack110

allyjack110 Regular Member

University Graduate (History)
    I need some help deciding on a new racket. Can anyone suggest a cheaper alternative to the Arcsaber Z-Slash? I really like the Z-Slash because of its slim frame, stiff shaft, head-heavy balance and aerodynamic properties. I already own two Arc 10s but am looking for something a little faster. The Z Slash’s ‘compact frame’ really appeals to me. However, I don’t really want to pay the £190 asking price.

Thank you.

2. drew tze en

drew tze en Regular Member

You can buy clone version of the Arcsaber Z-Slash like the Apacs or Ashaway

3. yumyumtaco

yumyumtaco Regular Member

Clones usually have the same type of frame. I have an ArcZ and an EdgeZ. In my opinion the ArcZ is more forgiving due to it's flexible shaft. EdgeZ is much stiffer in comparison.

4. drew tze en

I agree !!
    it can have the same frame but it won't have that same flexibility

5. allyjack110

I have thought about going along the 'clone' route. I actually really like Ashaway products but I'm not sure I entirely agree with the idea of clones. It's not a criticism of Yehlex, Apacs, or Ashaway products, but the idea of owning a racket that looks the exact same as its Yonex counterpart, bar a simple name change, does not really sit well with me. It's almost as bad at the hundreds of fake Yonex rackets being sold on eBay for a mere fraction of the original price.

#5 allyjack110, May 22, 2011
    Last edited: May 22, 2011
  6. allyjack110

... I'm not necessary looking for a compact frame-esqe racket like the Z-slash, but rather, a racket that is just as aerodynamic and as fast. I love my Arc-Saber 10s but I feel they are lacking 'something'. I've being looking at the Victor Brave Sword Series. All the review I have read seem very positive and most people on this forum seem to rate Victor as a brand very highly.

#6 allyjack110, May 22, 2011
    Last edited: May 22, 2011
  7. yumyumtaco

yumyumtaco Regular Member

Try the Meteor x 80. When I swing both the mx80 is faster and has a bigger head so it isn't super hard to hit the sweet spot

8. drew tze en

I haven't tried a Victor but apparently the frame is faster

9. DukeM

DukeM Regular Member

hm...some aerodynamic rackets I can list off the top of my head are:
    1) Gosen Ryoga Shiden (might get one, after I try it)
    2) Carlton Kinesis (never tried it)
    3) BS series
    4) Z force (tried it, amg head heavy!...didn't like it :p)

10. BlueTornado

BlueTornado Regular Member

Ashaway? The WovenTech XW-1000 might fit the bill :)

11. Sevex

Sevex Regular Member

Academia, CFD/ wind engineering
    Carlton Vapour trail series are also more aerodynamic than the general Arcsaber series. They sound fairly aggressive and high pitched when you swing them. Or at least my vapour trail super lite does, far more so than my Arc 8DX.

12. Benwilluk

Benwilluk Regular Member

Marketing
    The Bravesword series from VICTOR is one of the fastest around and quicker than the Kinesis. I would say the BS11 and BS LYD have a similar shaft flex being medium/stiff. The LYD is more head heavy than the BS11. The BS10 has a stiff shaft but is very quick and very accurate.

These are a lot cheaper than the £190 price tag mentioned above as well.

13. Boggieeiggob

Boggieeiggob Regular Member

I'm probably being an idiot, but my friend broke 3 victors in the exact same way and place in about 3 weeks, although I dno which victors they were >_>' I also saw one of the koreans in the men's doubles of the Uber cup finals break their victor the same way my friend did, so yeah. That's all I'm saying

14. Boggieeiggob

Yeah, I agree. I've got a Vapour Trail Ignite (<- probably fake? I've never seen it anywhere else other than the place I bought it from >_>') It's really fast, nice sound but the shaft is kinda stiff. Not super stiff, but not exactly real flexible either.

15. Boggieeiggob

Anyway, I've got a Yehlex YX Triotec Woven 3800, and although it's head light and the shaft's stiff, I find the swing on it is really fast for me and it makes quite a good sound on contact and it only costs £80 on the yehlex website

16. Benito

Benito Regular Member

The new BS11 (with only "Sword" on the frame) is really a fast racket even if it is more head heavy than the first version and I think a little bit more than Z Slash (I'm not sure, I sold my Z Slash ^^). It's quite different than Z Slash but personally I prefer BS11 (more all-rounder)

17. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    i have a vapourtrail vanquish, yonex zslash, and the victor bravesword, i find all of them with a pretty flexible shaft, cut through the air very smoothly. i might have mentioned in other threads, but somehow the victor rackets seemed to have a bit of a "hollow" feel when i play with them. the carlton vp vanquish felt a bit more solid, and the yonex feels the most solid even when the shaft is "ultra thin". i'm not a big fan of yonex because of their prices but i have to say their rackets in general feels really solid. my favorite is the victor superwave 35, so you would think i would be all for the bravesword, but it just feels like something is missing and i don't know what.