Ruler of your own island! details inside...

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by bigredlemon, Apr 25, 2003.

1. bigredlemon

bigredlemon Regular Member

Imagine you inherited a small island from a somebody... or maybe you overthrow the old ruler or bet his/her island in a badminton game... it doesn't really matter i guess.

The island is big enough to house about 1000 people, and they crown you as their king/queen/dictator/despot etc.

How would you rule that island?

- give your power to install democracy
    - reign as an enlightened despot
    - reign as cruel dictator... forcing everyone to build baddy courts for you all day long...
    - reign as a oligarchy in which you pick a small group of equals to rule with you
    - install feudalism in which you select advisors and counts from the local populus
    - etc etc.

I need your helps guys n' gals... i really don't know what to do with my newly inherited island of 1000 peeps!! :p ;)

2. JChen99

JChen99 Regular Member

Realtor
    Dictatorship IS the best idea if you know what you are doing. However, this requires an fair sized army in you support... and I mean... be a nice dictator, dont br cruel... -_-"

btw... dictator/despot about the same

Oligarchy is what you do when you know some stuff about ruling, but not much and need people to help you out

The fudalism idea is not exactly the best, leads to trouble... esp when you have a small island... u'll eventually run outta land... and also they themselves will fight each other

If it were me ruling, it'd definately be dictatorship... unless there's no $$ on the island to start things off... cuz in which case it dont matter the system, because it's all bound to collapse

3. AMRaider

AMRaider Regular Member

I agree wih Jchen99. If you know what you are doing, a dictatorship is the most efficient way to run a country. I am not saying that I, personally, would be capable of ruling as a fair, benevolent, and effective dictator, but if you had someone who knew the best way to run a society that would be the way to go. Of course, if you are an extreme relativist, you probably won't agree with me. ;)

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    kinda similar to BF, isn't it? ;)

5. Joanne

Joanne Regular Member

Getting thrashed on court.
    Eh, someone blowing his own trumpet? JK. :D :D