User Tag List

Page 101 of 117 FirstFirst ... 51 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,717 of 1986
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    Me too, put on my reading glasses amd read it real s-l-o-w and still cannot get it...is it some kind of triad or mafia code?
    the famous mongolian gone case in malaysia

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

to be honest and exact
    Lee Chong Wei is the accomplice of the to be continuing downfall of malaysia's badminton

3. Likes badMania liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lcw has a big role to play in this drama.next we will see rashid back in action, telling the press he is willing to give BAM a chance, and put it all behind him, and giving his full commitment and blah3.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    to be honest and exact
    Lee Chong Wei is the accomplice of the to be continuing downfall of malaysia's badminton
    I am glad that LD is standing in front of him, preventing him from realizing his dream, disappointing him again and again.. Well done LD ! Thumb Up !

6. Likes sagoh, badMania liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Before we keep on accusing and disparaging LCW in this matter, is there proof of him meddling in this? Just wondering and asking.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lee chong wei is like lv bu in the 3 kingdom.
    high strength but low intelligent

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow..that's a shocking news! Not easy to change something which it becomes a habit...you need a few people around you and support your plan of changes..if your number 1 man does not support you then it is tough!! Even we did some changes, we still had some issues, especially from old administration people who wished to block the changes...the bottom line is...if your administration does not deliver then you need to change a way...sometimes the NEW way may not guarantee the success but at least you give it a try....you don't use old WAY which proved the failure..

10. Likes terranova, Cheung, badMania, limsy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This twist is getting interesting, i'm so glad my company put on this project and i'll be base in malaysian until xmas. I've been very excited to get my 'the star' newspaper every morning to read all this news and I think I'll get to see the ending too
    At first, I really thought malaysia badminton will finally headed to a right way but I guess I spoke too soon, my friend was really angry about Rashid's decision to return, I havent been keeping track af what Rashid has been doing all this years but from my friend's tone, I can guess he's not that good. I saw him sitting behind during LCW's match but I seldom see him went over to talk to LCW during intervals and yes, he looked very bored at times. Maybe his joy is only coaching but not watching
    Lets see from now on, how malaysia badminton will be doing, I hope for the best
    And if LYB were to coach malaysian team, even with his bad WO records, I actually wouldnt mind if he can manage get at least 10players to semi finals. I wouldnt mind all this WO if that happens.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HUGE BREAKING NEWS!!!

Malaysian Badminton’s SOS Answered
    (By Kia Su La)

KUALA LUMPUR, Sept. 25 - Earlier this year, Malaysia issued an SOS for help in revamping its fledgling badminton program. Despite the many victories in the world stage by its world number one ranked men’s singles player Datuk Lee Chong Wei, many in the country, including its national association, Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM), had expressed concern about the lack of success in the other categories of the sport and the glaring lack of a successor to Mr. Number One, Datuk Lee.

This public concern led to BAM’s former president, Datuk Seri Mohd Nadzmi Mohd Salleh’s decision to not run again for the presidency, allowing the reins to pass over to new and fresh leadership in an effort to recast the national badminton program and bring back the prestige that Malaysia once commanded in world badminton. Consequently, Tengku Tan Sri Mahaleel Tengku Ariff was elected as the new president of BAM last month. He wasted no time in assembling a group of renowned national badminton personalities including Tan Aik Mong, a former national shuttler, to assist him in bringing success to Malaysian badminton again.

Mr. Tan was appointed director of the newly created Talent Management Group (TMG), charged with evaluation of players and coaches, and other duties. In a bold move after some fact-finding, Mr. Tan recommended many changes at BAM as part of a five-year comprehensive plan to restore Malaysia’s once golden image in the sport. His recommendations were first submitted to Tengku Mahaleel who, together with members of his council, unanimously endorsed Mr. Tan’s recommendations. Mr. Tan subsequently shook up the coaching structure, promoting and demoting coaches, clearly indicating that it would no longer be business as usual.

The then chief singles coach, Rashid Sidek, resigned on September 19th as a result of the changes Mr. Tan brought to BAM, citing uneasiness and discomfort with the new leadership at the national association and its way of doing things. At about this time, Tengku Mahaleel disclosed that there was a report in an Indian newspaper that Mr. Sidek had signed a one-year contract with a club in the new Indian Badminton League which if true, was a violation of Mr. Sidek’s obligations to BAM as he was still under contract with the national association until the end of 2014. The controversy threw the country into some panic with opposing views being put forth by many, some supporting the changes and the overhaul of the coaching structure while others expressed support for Mr. Sidek and condemned Mr. Tan’s implementation of the changes.

After a few days of uncertainty as to the direction that Malaysian badminton would take, it was revealed yesterday that the changes instituted by Mr. Tan were reversed and the national coaches were reinstated to their former positions. This in turn led to Mr. Tan’s resignation and a statement by Mr. Sidek that he may consider returning to coach at BAM.

With this action, the country thus issued a new SOS for its badminton program - Same Old Sh_t.

-INA*

*Incredulous News Agency

13. Likes mb111, visor, fathonezic, limsy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mafan View Post
    HUGE BREAKING NEWS!!!

Malaysian Badmintonís SOS Answered
    (By Kia Su La)

KUALA LUMPUR, Sept. 25 - Earlier this year, Malaysia issued an SOS for help in revamping its fledgling badminton program. Despite the many victories in the world stage by its world number one ranked menís singles player Datuk Lee Chong Wei, many in the country, including its national association, Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM), had expressed concern about the lack of success in the other categories of the sport and the glaring lack of a successor to Mr. Number One, Datuk Lee.

This public concern led to BAMís former president, Datuk Seri Mohd Nadzmi Mohd Sallehís decision to not run again for the presidency, allowing the reins to pass over to new and fresh leadership in an effort to recast the national badminton program and bring back the prestige that Malaysia once commanded in world badminton. Consequently, Tengku Tan Sri Mahaleel Tengku Ariff was elected as the new president of BAM last month. He wasted no time in assembling a group of renowned national badminton personalities including Tan Aik Mong, a former national shuttler, to assist him in bringing success to Malaysian badminton again.

Mr. Tan was appointed director of the newly created Talent Management Group (TMG), charged with evaluation of players and coaches, and other duties. In a bold move after some fact-finding, Mr. Tan recommended many changes at BAM as part of a five-year comprehensive plan to restore Malaysiaís once golden image in the sport. His recommendations were first submitted to Tengku Mahaleel who, together with members of his council, unanimously endorsed Mr. Tanís recommendations. Mr. Tan subsequently shook up the coaching structure, promoting and demoting coaches, clearly indicating that it would no longer be business as usual.

The then chief singles coach, Rashid Sidek, resigned on September 19th as a result of the changes Mr. Tan brought to BAM, citing uneasiness and discomfort with the new leadership at the national association and its way of doing things. At about this time, Tengku Mahaleel disclosed that there was a report in an Indian newspaper that Mr. Sidek had signed a one-year contract with a club in the new Indian Badminton League which if true, was a violation of Mr. Sidekís obligations to BAM as he was still under contract with the national association until the end of 2014. The controversy threw the country into some panic with opposing views being put forth by many, some supporting the changes and the overhaul of the coaching structure while others expressed support for Mr. Sidek and condemned Mr. Tanís implementation of the changes.

After a few days of uncertainty as to the direction that Malaysian badminton would take, it was revealed yesterday that the changes instituted by Mr. Tan were reversed and the national coaches were reinstated to their former positions. This in turn led to Mr. Tanís resignation and a statement by Mr. Sidek that he may consider returning to coach at BAM.

With this action, the country thus issued a new SOS for its badminton program - Same Old Sh_t.

-INA*

*Incredulous News Agency
    After reading your brilliant summary, the whole episode appears too bonkers to be
    real.

Perhaps all these is a ruse by Mahaleel to shake things up and rock and shock the
    coaches to wake up and start to perform.
    After all TAM and Razif came in suddenly and for free and TAM when about like a
    whirlwind of shock and awe without caring on the repurcussions of someone who
    intend to stay for long.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What will happen to Razif?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nokh88 View Post
    What will happen to Razif?
    unlike TAM
    razif is pretty fierce--->
    so let's the drama continue

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One thing good that came off from this drama is we now know who is powerful and who is weak and who wields more power.

Let the drama unfolds.

18. Likes limsy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i cant believe all of this news... i have no respect for LCW anymore... so sad...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fathonezic View Post
    i cant believe all of this news... i have no respect for LCW anymore... so sad...
    Wait for the confirmation.

21. Likes fathonezic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    the thing is,tengku surrender to the pressure.
    those people who lost benefit from the change stand together and fight against tengku/TAM.
    NOTHINGcan be change if this bunch of fellow still remain in bam.

now they know how to affect tengku decision,how to play power/politic against tengku.
    then he had become the puppet.
    ---
    since tengku cannot stand firm on his decision/plan
    he had lost his first and last battle.
    bam is just it old self like the past 10 years.
    And will continue to be like that for another 10 or 20 years?

23. Likes limsy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not really.
    depend on how the environment ubah-ed.
    this 5 years is vital for every aspect of malaysia.
    if malaysia bankrupted on 2019 like what BN minister said,who care about badminton anymore?