User Tag List

Page 103 of 122 FirstFirst ... 3 53 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 ... LastLast
Results 1,735 to 1,751 of 2062
  1. #1735
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    136
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If we look from LCW perspective, he probably wanted the things (system, arrangement) the way they are now. With changes coming from TAM, this means as world number 1 ranked player and Olympic medalist, why should I deserve this, why do I need to go through this. I am, after all, the nation's best single player.
    So change is not something he would like to see, especially when he's so comfortable in his current situation. Frankly, most people would not want to come out from their comfort zone. Ultimately, his comments would bring lots of ammunition support from people behind the scene, whether they truly understand or not understand the real problem of BAM.

  2. #1736
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    136
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by terranova View Post
    http://www.theedgemalaysia.com/highl...ams-doors.html

    OMG another U-turn and slap in face for Mahaleel.
    Now he says Rashid IBL contract is no issue, it was advisory and not coaching contract and it was for only 2 weeks.
    With all these boo boos that he is making his position is shaky and writing may be on wall for him
    Please pardon my lack of law and contract knowledge. When Rashid's contract with BAM is valid till 2014, does this mean he is able to sign an advisory contract with another organization during this period? Wouldn't this considered as conflict of interest, even though his role was an advisory?

    Guess that's not important now. Either Rashid is wrong or innocent, the President now declares this contract issue is over.

  3. #1737
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Area 51
    Posts
    2,656
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Moral of the story:
    1) If you plan to make some good (read: radical) change, make sure you have one or two close, loyal, true friends who share your ideal.
    2) About your friends, make sure at least one of them is politically DAMN powerful!

  4. #1738
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    65
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mb111 View Post
    Please pardon my lack of law and contract knowledge. When Rashid's contract with BAM is valid till 2014, does this mean he is able to sign an advisory contract with another organization during this period? Wouldn't this considered as conflict of interest, even though his role was an advisory?

    Guess that's not important now. Either Rashid is wrong or innocent, the President now declares this contract issue is over.
    I am not lawyer also but my guess is difference is in scope of responsibilities. Coaching job at BAM is more hands on practical role while his advisory role at IBL was more consultancy and less practical so they do not overlap that much.

    It was big mistake for MTA to underestimate slimy opportunist like Village Champion. MTA probably tot he had run big company like Proton so what can be so difficult about running group of coaches, players.
    At Proton easy to hire and fire but at BAM he will find it is easy to hire but very hard to fire

  5. #1739
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    icy cold place
    Posts
    3,778
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by senior888 View Post
    Time out! Lets not get too frustrated...
    -China - 2.2 billion pop
    -India - 2.0 billion pop
    -S Korea - 50 million pop
    -Indonesia - 245 million pop
    -Japan - 128 million pop
    -Malaysia - 27 million pop

    Hey,the situation is not too bad. With our small population our coaches
    have less to choose from and yet we do produce top ten players.
    I am sure there many countries in the world that would be happy to
    achieve Malaysia's standard!
    Dude...perhaps you are living in the past, those good old days when MAS was a great baddy powerhouse, then you are okay with the current team being mediocre, funded by RM20M annually, with no future and only one 31-year crybaby WR1 who doesn't want changes cos it takes away the attention/funding he is enjoying now. Maybe you want to look even further back to the 40's when MAS won all those AEs, a standalone world power in those good old days back to wooden racket, concrete court and those baggy air-conditioning pants.

  6. #1740
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jagdpanther View Post
    Moral of the story:
    1) If you plan to make some good (read: radical) change, make sure you have one or two close, loyal, true friends who share your ideal.
    2) About your friends, make sure at least one of them is politically DAMN powerful!
    no really. the moral of the story i learn:
    make sure u make every related people happy with their money,then u is the chosen one

    for example:
    nadzmi-come everybody,we go shopping in london,oh yeah

  7. #1741
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    icy cold place
    Posts
    3,778
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    [QUOTE=senior888;2145521]Time out! Lets not get too frustrated...
    -China - 2.2 billion pop
    -India - 2.0 billion pop
    -S Korea - 50 million pop
    -Indonesia - 245 million pop
    -Japan - 128 million pop
    -Malaysia - 27 million pop

    I miss this population thingie...CHN and INA 2.2 and 2.0...whoala, Only yesterday, I read it was 1.4 and 1.1, those fellas do multiply fast.
    You said 'top ten' players, I must be mathematically challenged or must be missing something...besides your crybaby WR1, who are the rest of the Top 10?

    On another note, BAM funding is RM20M annual, that equates to 0.74 cents per person....No country comes close to this amount of funding for badminton.

    I think Malaysians are immune to this type arrogance/incompetence in public enterprise, helpless and most they can do is go to the nearest kopitiam and yap, yap and then balik home, tidor and next day, read the papers and yap, yap more. Frustrated is not the word, it is how sad to see public funds wasted and how so many promising WJC came and gone, their hopes and careers kaput by a bunch of clowns and that is indeed very sad. These youngsters, their parents and their coaches who groomed them are the true Malaysian badminton heroes and they got blasted for not performing well but at the same time, they weren't given the same type of opportunity and priviledge given to your crybaby WR1.

  8. #1742
    Regular Member pBmMalaysia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kuching, Malaysia, Malaysia
    Posts
    4,718
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Finally I finished reading this thread ..
    TAM resigned RS quit and coming back??
    Good for the next few weeks this will be my astro

  9. #1743
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Not fr China, not fr M'sia
    Posts
    314
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    This is what my friend thinks :-
    "Rashid has been waiting for his datukship title, if it didnt happen after LCW got his silver medal in London olympic, it means it will never ever happen. But Rashid is still not giving up yet. Until TAM came in and put him in charge of others but not LCW, he realise that his datukship is gone, so no point staying and being watched by cctv in training hall yawning all the time that might get him fired, so he backed out 1st but fortunately LCW is supporting him from behind and use the famous malaysian badminton style : threathen! Then president got scared, pressure and he revert all his plans back to square one. TAM knows that he cannot do anything anymore, he quits and Rashid knows his datukship is still in sight after TAM quits, so he wanted to come back to continue his wait for his datukship!"

  10. #1744
    Regular Member pBmMalaysia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kuching, Malaysia, Malaysia
    Posts
    4,718
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Anyone of you here really know Rashid personally?

  11. #1745
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    65
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    I think Malaysians are immune to this type arrogance/incompetence in public enterprise, helpless and most they can do is go to the nearest kopitiam and yap, yap and then balik home, tidor and next day, read the papers and yap, yap more.
    LOL, that is pot calling kettle black. That is what we are all doing here in this virtual kpitiam. Yak yak yak and complain to let off steam.

    Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post
    Anyone of you here really know Rashid personally?
    No. I do not mix with such low level lazy yawning opportunist. He is below my league LOL

  12. #1746
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    65
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Cool MTA non-commital on return of Village Champ

    http://www.thestar.com.my/Sport/Badm...signation.aspx

    Razif remain as assessor
    TKH also remain as assessor
    TSB and Village Champ joining IBL-Case closed
    And suprisingly thing is MTA will head TMG together with a Dr Koay (who is he?). Looks like MTA is a hands on President
    And what I like most is MTA is non-commital about Village Champ returning Hahahahaha. Let us support MTA so he does not succumb to allow Village Champ to return. Probably MTA is eager to cut a lot of expensive salaries and deadwood like Village Champ.

  13. #1747
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    icy cold place
    Posts
    3,778
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by terranova View Post
    LOL, that is pot calling kettle black. That is what we are all doing here in this virtual kpitiam. Yak yak yak and complain to let off steam.

    You are absolutely correct, only that I am no longer a Malaysian.


    Quote Originally Posted by yayachico View Post
    This is what my friend thinks :-
    "Rashid has been waiting for his datukship title, if it didnt happen after LCW got his silver medal in London olympic, it means it will never ever happen. But Rashid is still not giving up yet. Until TAM came in and put him in charge of others but not LCW, he realise that his datukship is gone, so no point staying and being watched by cctv in training hall yawning all the time that might get him fired, so he backed out 1st but fortunately LCW is supporting him from behind and use the famous malaysian badminton style : threathen! Then president got scared, pressure and he revert all his plans back to square one. TAM knows that he cannot do anything anymore, he quits and Rashid knows his datukship is still in sight after TAM quits, so he wanted to come back to continue his wait for his datukship!"
    We know Datukship opens all kind of doors in MAS. But at BAM, it is the easy money being head coach to LCW, earning the bonus cash plus that huge salary every month, and btw, you are paying part of that salary.

    Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post
    Anyone of you here really know Rashid personally?
    I am far away in the Northern Hemisphere, the last time I saw MAS badminton close upfront is in the 70's when Tan Aik Huang and Gunalan were the supremo. Maybe you or Rudy can shed some information on this chap. All we see on TV is he looks bored, disinterested and errily quiet at courtside. Is he really that good a coach and how come besides Dato being WR1, the other chaps under his care fail miserably despite 10 years coaching at BAM? Is Rashid really worth RM50K/month or Limsy is making this RM50K thingie up.I look forward to hear your comments since I know you have inside connections at BAM.
    Also, what's your comment on TAM, is that a stupid move to have TAM run BAM?
    Or should the old chaps stay to run BAM, status quo, is that the way to continue the governance of BAM?
    Last edited by OneToughBirdie; 09-25-2013 at 12:03 PM.

  14. #1748
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    3,892
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Actually Malaysia no.1 sports is football and it's at least 10timws more popular

    Quote Originally Posted by sagoh View Post
    i think using population figure is a not true comparison.
    because in some of those country badminton is not their number one sport. like india, their main sport -> cricket, S Korea -> soccer. but in malaysia -> badminton is our number one sport where most ppl play badminton.

    what about denmark population is lesser than malaysia,
    taiwan and thailand

    i think issue here is we got great talent pool but the senior coaches arent doing their job properly. how come the player did so well when they are in junior but once they get into senior competition ,their level stay stagnant or deteriorate.

    but other country like thailand, ratchanon was a junior champion able to continue her feat in senior competition.

    i think lee chong wei should be independent and bring rashid with him. since departing with misbun, i didnt see any improvement in lcw games. back then, he still can win one /two game against ld now 0.

    also we need to realize that the badminton is evolving, more and more countries are picking up this sport and they are employing experience coaches from china and indonesia to help them.

    so when more country(e.g. thailand, russia, india) is getting into the sport and improving, and if malaysia is not improving its process of training and bringing up good player, its status as a badminton country will soon gone.

  15. #1749
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    icy cold place
    Posts
    3,778
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post
    Anyone of you here really know Rashid personally?
    [I am far away in the Northern Hemisphere, the last time I saw MAS badminton close upfront is in the 70's when Tan Aik Huang and Gunalan were the supremo. Maybe you or Rudy can shed some information on this chap. All we see on TV is he looks bored, disinterested and errily quiet at courtside. Is he really that good a coach and how come besides Dato being WR1, the other chaps under his care fail miserably despite 10 years coaching at BAM? Is Rashid really worth RM50K/month or Limsy is making this RM50K thingie up.I look forward to hear your comments since I know you have inside connections at BAM.
    Also, what's your comment on TAM, is that a stupid move to have TAM run BAM?
    Or should the old chaps stay to run BAM, status quo, is that the way to continue the governance of BAM?[/QUOTE]

    Like Terranova said, we yak, yak and mouthed it off in this forum. Really what the heck do we know about this great coach. Maybe we all err on Rashid, that he is indeed the Chosen One who as head coach has contributed so much to MAS baddy over the past 10 years to get MAS baddy to the present state of greatness with a WR1 who has won more SS than LD, then we are all guilty of character assassination, and we should apologize to the great man and ask for forgiveness.

  16. #1750
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    330
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jagdpanther View Post
    Moral of the story:
    1) If you plan to make some good (read: radical) change, make sure you have one or two close, loyal, true friends who share your ideal.
    2) About your friends, make sure at least one of them is politically DAMN powerful!
    In Malaysia no one can be more powerful than the Pretty Lady sitting beside LCW ! Even Lee Kuan Yew visit Malaysia, first he has to make courtesy visit to this pretty lady first instead of the Prime Minister Malaysia !

  17. #1751
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    6,527
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Something strange is going on.
    The president has decided to beef up security measures at the national team's training venue at Juara Stadium.
    Visitors to the stadium must now register at the main door and state their purpose of the visit before being issued with a pass.
    He has also decided to curtail the media's free visit to the stadium and now restricts it to only Mondays, Wednesday and Fridays.
    Obviously these measures, all security related, have everything to do with the ongoing saga at BAM.

Similar Threads

  1. Direction to the GYM from Seoul
    By mollaio in forum Asian Badminton Championship 2009
    Replies: 5
    : 03-28-2009, 03:53 PM
  2. Backhand Clear Direction
    By killest in forum Techniques / Training
    Replies: 32
    : 03-24-2008, 05:19 AM
  3. Shot direction
    By Loopy in forum Techniques / Training
    Replies: 4
    : 04-24-2007, 12:46 PM
  4. direction of turning after hitting a backhand?
    By llpjlau in forum Techniques / Training
    Replies: 12
    : 04-21-2007, 04:57 PM
  5. Wind direction problem in the stadium
    By weeyet in forum World Championships 2006
    Replies: 21
    : 09-20-2006, 05:49 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •