User Tag List

Page 104 of 122 FirstFirst ... 4 54 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 ... LastLast
Results 1,752 to 1,768 of 2073
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    You are absolutely correct, only that I am no longer a Malaysian.

We know Datukship opens all kind of doors in MAS. But at BAM, it is the easy money being head coach to LCW, earning the bonus cash plus that huge salary every month, and btw, you are paying part of that salary.

I am far away in the Northern Hemisphere, the last time I saw MAS badminton close upfront is in the 70's when Tan Aik Huang and Gunalan were the supremo. Maybe you or Rudy can shed some information on this chap. All we see on TV is he looks bored, disinterested and errily quiet at courtside. Is he really that good a coach and how come besides Dato being WR1, the other chaps under his care fail miserably despite 10 years coaching at BAM? Is Rashid really worth RM50K/month or Limsy is making this RM50K thingie up.I look forward to hear your comments since I know you have inside connections at BAM.
    Also, what's your comment on TAM, is that a stupid move to have TAM run BAM?
    Or should the old chaps stay to run BAM, status quo, is that the way to continue the governance of BAM?
    OTB, will reply you when I get my fingers on my computer keyboard instead of this super mini samsung buttons! So stay tuned .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by forest View Post
    In Malaysia no one can be more powerful than the Pretty Lady sitting beside LCW ! Even Lee Kuan Yew visit Malaysia, first he has to make courtesy visit to this pretty lady first instead of the Prime Minister Malaysia !
    In that case, I suggest making friend with her husband.... or better, her mother-in-law!

*sorry for OOT*

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by terranova View Post
    http://www.thestar.com.my/Sport/Badm...signation.aspx

Razif remain as assessor
    TKH also remain as assessor
    TSB and Village Champ joining IBL-Case closed
    And suprisingly thing is MTA will head TMG together with a Dr Koay (who is he?). Looks like MTA is a hands on President
    And what I like most is MTA is non-commital about Village Champ returning Hahahahaha. Let us support MTA so he does not succumb to allow Village Champ to return. Probably MTA is eager to cut a lot of expensive salaries and deadwood like Village Champ.
    there is another winner,PCC who lost his battle last time(demoted to bjss) promoted to bam
    thanks to koo/tan

In Malaysia no one can be more powerful than the Pretty Lady sitting beside LCW ! Even Lee Kuan Yew visit Malaysia, first he has to make courtesy visit to this pretty lady first instead of the Prime Minister Malaysia !
    i think u had long time never watch tv3 which make u have no idea who is our prime minister,here is the link(photo number 2 onward)
    https://www.google.com/search?hl=zh-...07.639lzXGbqJA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    there is another winner,PCC who lost his battle last time(demoted to bjss) promoted to bam
    thanks to koo/tan

i think u had long time never watch tv3 which make u have no idea who is our prime minister,here is the link(photo number 2 onward)
    https://www.google.com/search?hl=zh-...07.639lzXGbqJA
    You're right. I have never watched government owned TV since (dunt know when?). I only watch channel 810++ onward !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mb111 View Post
    If we look from LCW perspective, he probably wanted the things (system, arrangement) the way they are now. With changes coming from TAM, this means as world number 1 ranked player and Olympic medalist, why should I deserve this, why do I need to go through this. I am, after all, the nation's best single player.
    So change is not something he would like to see, especially when he's so comfortable in his current situation. Frankly, most people would not want to come out from their comfort zone. Ultimately, his comments would bring lots of ammunition support from people behind the scene, whether they truly understand or not understand the real problem of BAM.
    Sounded like LCW is afraid to lose his status if TAM's plan were to be a success.. It means, more players will get benefited, rankings improves and so on.. LCW will not be the only great player in Malaysia anymore, alot of others will share that status and be as important as him. He is a selfish crybaby is this is the case. He is too comfortable being the most important player in Malaysia although he always says that he wants to see juniors coming up to take over from him, I hope he really means it!
    But since everything is back to where it was before, lets just hope Malaysia can even qualify for thomas cup and sudirman cup next, stop dreaming about bringing home the cup, focus of qualifying first!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yayachico View Post
    Sounded like LCW is afraid to lose his status if TAM's plan were to be a success.. It means, more players will get benefited, rankings improves and so on.. LCW will not be the only great player in Malaysia anymore, alot of others will share that status and be as important as him. He is a selfish crybaby is this is the case. He is too comfortable being the most important player in Malaysia although he always says that he wants to see juniors coming up to take over from him, I hope he really means it!
    But since everything is back to where it was before, lets just hope Malaysia can even qualify for thomas cup and sudirman cup next, stop dreaming about bringing home the cup, focus of qualifying first!
    sudirman cup no need qualify,thomas cup yes.
    in asia zone
    china
    korea
    indonesia
    japan
    chinese taipei
    thailand
    then malaysia can fight with hongkong for number 7

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Village Champ should been fired long time ago

[
    Like Terranova said, we yak, yak and mouthed it off in this forum. Really what the heck do we know about this great coach. Maybe we all err on Rashid, that he is indeed the Chosen One who as head coach has contributed so much to MAS baddy over the past 10 years to get MAS baddy to the present state of greatness with a WR1 who has won more SS than LD, then we are all guilty of character assassination, and we should apologize to the great man and ask for forgiveness.
    Well I hope you are being sarcastic about asking for forgiveness from Village Champ and not making a U-Turn.
    Coaches are paid to turn players into top class players and their performance is judged by results of players under them. In case of Village Champ, the results show that he is mediocre coach. He took over as coach of LCW in 2011 when Misbun left and took all credit rewards benefits. Actually one of reasons cited for Misbun leavjng was that Misbun will be under Village Champ. And TSB was assistant to Misbun and had been more involved in coaching LCW than Village Champ. I think even LCW know about minimal contribution to his success. I suspect that LCW supported him cos he is Misbun's brother and he is ver grateful to Misbun for his success so Misbun is like family to him. TSB is more important to LCW now than the Village Champ. Actually instead BAM can consider bringing back Misbun instead of the Village Champ. We ate not being harsh on Village Champ; if he was working in corporate world he would have been fired long time ago. MTA knows that and is not surprisingly reluctant to take him back

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    sudirman cup no need qualify,thomas cup yes.
    in asia zone
    china
    korea
    indonesia
    japan
    chinese taipei
    thailand
    then malaysia can fight with hongkong for number 7
    thats so sad.. malaysia only has one shot for for the 7th place.. if they're not careful enough?? oops....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounded like LCW is afraid to lose his status if TAM's plan were to be a success.. It means, more players will get benefited, rankings improves and so on.. LCW will not be the only great player in Malaysia anymore, alot of others will share that status and be as important as him.
    Not really. To be fair to him, he may be worried about his no 1 player status few years ago but not now. He know he has another 2 to 3 years left to play so he is chasing a WC or Olympic championship to seal his legacy. Is he worried about his legacy or his special status and top pecking order in Malaysia ? Of cos not. It is obvious that he is too far ahead of the other duds and mediocre Malaysian players in terms of skill that by time they catch up he is retired and may be grandfather by then .
    At his level , status and his achievements in Malaysian context, he need not crybaby to his powerful supporters (like woman sitting next to him) to handle BAM. He can go independent with his resources and contacts. He does not need BAM, BAM needs him. If he quits, chances of WC or Olympics gold medal is zero. If he plays, chances are at least 50% and maybe 90% if LD retires . In next few years like it or not, Malaysian badminton revolves around LCW.
    Actually do not think there was intention by BAM/ TAM to reduce his status as TAM actually wanted elite players like him to be in top Team A whereas the structure now is that there will only be 1 big team so TAM proposal actually maintained his status. It isn't an either or situation . They can still accord him his top status / pecking order and yet build up the other players
    Last edited by terranova; 09-26-2013 at 12:56 AM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by terranova View Post
    Not really. To be fair to him, he may be worried about his no 1 player status few years ago but not now. He know he has another 2 to 3 years left to play so he is chasing a WC or Olympic championship to seal his legacy. Is he worried about his legacy or his special status and top pecking order in Malaysia ? Of cos not. It is obvious that he is too far ahead of the other duds and mediocre Malaysian players in terms of skill that by time they catch up he is retired and may be grandfather by then .
    At his level , status and his achievements in Malaysian context, he need not crybaby to his powerful supporters (like woman sitting next to him) to handle BAM. He can go independent with his resources and contacts. He does not need BAM, BAM needs him. If he quits, chances of WC or Olympics gold medal is zero. If he plays, chances are at least 50% and maybe 90% if LD retires . In next few years like it or not, Malaysian badminton revolves around LCW.
    Actually do not think there was intention by BAM/ TAM to reduce his status as TAM actually wanted elite players like him to be in top Team A whereas the structure now is that there will only be 1 big team so TAM proposal actually maintained his status. It isn't an either or situation . They can still accord him his top status / pecking order and yet build up the other players
    quit bam doesnt mean quit badminton.
    in fact,if he really sincerely concern about malaysia badminton,he should leave and join the GREAT CONTRIBUTOR

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're right. I have never watched government owned TV since (dunt know when?). I only watch channel 810++ onward !
    I used to too but now more on 831 onwards. Hehe.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Barely a month since former Proton guy assumed his position in BAM's $$$ chair, the much talk about change for the better has been left unheralded and a bitter taste in the mouths of the public who really knows what is going on behind the scenes of 'wayang kulit' or 'masak-masak' when Aik Mong was roped in. When the going gets tough, Proton guy again dipped his hands into the soup and too many cooks spoils the soup. He just couldn't resist putting in some pepper and santan. Now Aik Mong has left, barely a month after dedicating his plans to serve free of charge. what is happening to Malaysian Badminton, or should I say, almost always, nothing positive is happening. Now do you still think Park Joo Bong will come to our aid? Keep dreaming. It's like when the father wants to discipline the child, the mother steps in to interfere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thats so sad.. malaysia only has one shot for for the 7th place.. if they're not careful enough?? oops....
    Well, if you look at India team now, ahem......maybe 8th place is a possibility.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We sure hope LCW meant well when he said we needed more juniors to rise. Who wouldn't? But "change" is never easy. Most of us are very comfortable with the things around us (albeit bad management, or poor system). Once change is introduced, even world number 1 can find it hard to accept and adapt easily.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am really amazed by the way you Malaysian guys like to comment on rumors of rumors that someone perhaps heard somewhere! Now it is LCW's behing the scene action that we are contemplating! It is really the Theatre State! The kingdom of puppets! And i thought it was Indonesia! You guys are serious about gossip!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[I am far away in the Northern Hemisphere, the last time I saw MAS badminton close upfront is in the 70's when Tan Aik Huang and Gunalan were the supremo. Maybe you or Rudy can shed some information on this chap. All we see on TV is he looks bored, disinterested and errily quiet at courtside. Is he really that good a coach and how come besides Dato being WR1, the other chaps under his care fail miserably despite 10 years coaching at BAM? Is Rashid really worth RM50K/month or Limsy is making this RM50K thingie up.I look forward to hear your comments since I know you have inside connections at BAM.
    Also, what's your comment on TAM, is that a stupid move to have TAM run BAM?
    Or should the old chaps stay to run BAM, status quo, is that the way to continue the governance of BAM?

Like Terranova said, we yak, yak and mouthed it off in this forum. Really what the heck do we know about this great coach. Maybe we all err on Rashid, that he is indeed the Chosen One who as head coach has contributed so much to MAS baddy over the past 10 years to get MAS baddy to the present state of greatness with a WR1 who has won more SS than LD, then we are all guilty of character assassination, and we should apologize to the great man and ask for forgiveness.
    OTB, I have met RS before and long enough to know a bit of his character and so forth.

To me, he's one of the skillful players which is why he is getting along fine with CW beside TSB.

CW just needs good and skillful trainers to complete his mission

collecting duit super series after super series and as MS said after he left BAM,

CW is ready and can be on his own as he has taught him everything he has to teach.

Mind you, from a coach to financial adviser/planner on how to plant his money,

how to reward himself etc etc

Regarding those boys below CW which RS failed to groom them any better than they are today,

simply, there wasn't anything between the coach and the players.

Just normal daily training routine and neither side bothers building up anything.

A coach and a player has to be bonded together and from there everything in training is much easier.

There won't be any complain of pain, suffering etc etc.

So knowing training a player to maintain and training a player to win are two separate things,

RS naturally prefer handling CW

Smart axs some of you would say but if anyone of you inside his shoe, would prolly do the same

Lastly, about TAM's plan, its good revamp but being a former international baddy player

and now in the corporate IT world isn't enough and he didn't get the correct input

from the correct sources before he launches his plan.

It became a missile attack on the coaches that's why everything went hay wire.

Knowing politics are always in malaysia, it will take not one person but a 'team'

to make things happen but this is just me saying

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by renbo View Post
    I am really amazed by the way you Malaysian guys like to comment on rumors of rumors that someone perhaps heard somewhere! Now it is LCW's behing the scene action that we are contemplating! It is really the Theatre State! The kingdom of puppets! And i thought it was Indonesia! You guys are serious about gossip!
    not all malaysian la you should rephrase and use the word 'some malaysian'