User Tag List

Page 11 of 125 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 61 111 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    If anyone in BAM is receiving a 5-digit monthly salary while doing nothing - Surely BAM is going the wrong direction.
    If Rashid receives a salary for doing nothing,
    what about the other guys there who receive a salary to do wrong thing?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    If Rashid receives a salary for doing nothing,
    what about the other guys there who receive a salary to do wrong thing?
    That is a good one....I would change it to 'what about the other guys there who many times more salary to do the wrong thing?'

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    If anyone in BAM is receiving a 5-digit monthly salary while doing nothing - Surely BAM is going the wrong direction.
    erm,when is the last time they in a correct direction?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder what did they do with the money that Maybank gave them. LCW kept asking them to send more players to tournamnents instead of relying on him. Progress on that? Hmm...

Why BAM like to 'simpan' back up players?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BAM nak 'simpan' player buat "BUDU"..)
    very tasty when 'eating' and the smell..wowwwwwwwwwwww
    'very sure and better to beat others baddie"
    muhahhahahahahahhahahah

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BAM infamous in "Jaguh Kampung"...
    that's proved last week National GP Finals...

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

So, does anyone know if BAM Elite group also employ a full-time video analyst who has badminton/coaching background?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, does anyone know if BAM Elite group also employ a full-time video analyst who has badminton/coaching background?
    Not sure about that. Isn't that under National Sport Institute department? Are you going to apply for the post?

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aikachan View Post
    Not sure about that. Isn't that under National Sport Institute department? Are you going to apply for the post?
    In reverse order...

No.

How would I know if it is under the National Sport Institute? And why would a video analyst with specifically badminton/coaching background be given a job at the National Sport Institute, and not at BAM?

I'm not sure about that, either! But what prompted me was the fact that BAM has funds and has furthermore cut back on its spending by "losing" quite a few players to "independent status" and now linking coaches salaries to performance etc. So maybe they would think about getting in some professional support team to help with stategy/tactic for their Elite Team. After all, the stated goal (and the biggest reason they got all the moolah in the first place) is to strike Gold at OG2012.
    You'd think they would do all the right things to work towards that goal...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, since BAM (and other sports assoc.) works closely with NSI, especially in terms of physio training, I thought NSI might have a video analyst not specifically with coaching background but familiar with the sport in some ways (play badminton as a social sport or whatnot) or certified to do so.

As for what exactly BAM's doing with the funds that they have other than paying salaries? I wish I knew....Those 'higher ups' in BAM better do something good for the sport...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Courtesy of The Star :

What is ailing Malaysian badminton?

By RAJES PAUL

KUALA LUMPUR: Former doubles ace Cheah Soon Kit has an idea what is ailing Malaysian badminton.
    He thinks Malaysia lack a supremo – like China’s Li Yongbo.
    Soon Kit believes that the absence of a mastermind, in the mould of Yongbo, to chart Malaysian badminton’s fortunes was the reason behind the poor form of top doubles shuttlers Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong and world No. 1 singles star Lee Chong Wei.
    In fact, Soon Kit also feels that is also the reason why the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) have failed to find a successor for Chong Wei.
    Rapt attention: Cheah Soon Kit talking to the junior players of the Looi Badminton Academy yesterday. Soon Kit is the chief coach of the academy. — LOW LAY PHON/The Star
    The former ace was commenting on the demoralising early-round exits suffered by Kien Keat-Boon Heong in two international tournaments recently.
    Last week, Kien Keat-Boon Heong were sent packing in the first round of the Denmark Open. Then, on Thursday, they crashed out in the second round to Denmark’s Mads Conrad-Pedersen-Jonas Rasmussen in the French Open in Paris.
    Chong Wei too has been showing his frailties lately, especially after crashing out twice to China’s Chen Long in the finals of the Japan Open and Denmark Open in a month.
    And Chong Wei’s shaky performances have turned everyone’s attention to the second stringers.
    Soon Kit said that he himself was not clear as to who was responsible for major decision-makings in the national body or whether they knew the consequences of their actions.
    “I have worked in BAM before and I have good friends in the set-up. But as an outsider now, I am able to see things in a different perspective. In the case of Koo and Tan, who is responsible for them? Who is monitoring their coaches?” asked Soon Kit.
    “Koo and Tan asked to train under a different coach recently (from Rexy Mainaky to Pang Cheh Chang) but did anyone look into the reasons as to why they needed to change. Who is responsible for the appointment of the new coach? Can this coach take Koo and Tan to a higher level?
    “I know that another coach from South Korea (Yoo Yong-sung) has been roped in. Is he a proven coach? Is he going to change Koo and Tan’s training programme? Why take a gamble and bring in someone new with less than a year before the Olympic Games?
    “I want the best for the country and that’s why I say we lack someone like Yongbo. He is experienced, knowledgeable and always thinks a few steps ahead.
    “Their men’s doubles players used to be the weak links but now they have three good pairs, including four-time world champions Cai Yun-Fu Haifeng. And look at how an inexperienced Chen Long has transformed himself into an able replacement for Lin Dan.”
    And speaking of replacement, Malaysia’s second best, the 24-year-old Liew Daren, was no match for Chen Long in the second round of the French Open on Thursday, going down 17-21, 17-21 in 39 minutes.
    For the record, Malaysia’s singles and doubles coaches report to chief coaches Rashid Sidek and Tan Kim Her respectively. Rashid and Kim Her themselves are under the purview of high performance director Datuk James Selvaraj.
    But James is uncertain of his role and responsibility because the BAM exco do not want him to continue working on a part-time basis.
    All the major decisions – from the selection of players to the appointment of coaches and planning – are made at the coaching and training committee, which is chaired by Ng Chin Chai, and later endorsed by BAM’s council and exco.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was about the post the article in Star. It really nails the issue!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

naaah... other countries dont have a yongbo.... (every country except china) but are still kicking ass everywhere, (see korea, india, japan... )..

all we need are competent and halfway intelligent officials.... we are not lacking in the talent department... observe our juniors at the world juniors championships right now.. they are doing way better than our thomas or sudirman contingent..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pajrul View Post
    naaah... other countries dont have a yongbo.... (every country except china) but are still kicking ass everywhere, (see korea, india, japan... ).. Right, We don't need li yong bo, already have too many . all we need are competent and halfway intelligent officials.... we are not lacking in the talent department... observe our juniors at the world juniors championships right now.. they are doing way better than our thomas or sudirman contingent..
    Right, We don't need li yong bo, already have too many .

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yup
    we have too many that aiming to be lyb in mas
    end up killed bam

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Recently, there's been talk about LCW becoming more vulnerable to other players....

It got me thinking about the brutal truth of MAS MS (Men's Singles, not Misbun Sidek! ) badminton.

LCW v/s the entire Elite backup team, and the score would read 21-15, 21-15.

Of those 15 points in each game, 5 would be because of mishits. Another 3 would be because LCW was too busy on the floor, laughing his guts out. And 7 points would be earned - "maybe."

This kinda puts things in perspective: how successful BAM's vaunted programmes have been so far...

Waiting for someone to prove me wrong...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Recently, there's been talk about LCW becoming more vulnerable to other players....It got me thinking about the brutal truth of MAS MS (Men's Singles, not Misbun Sidek! ) badminton.LCW v/s the entire Elite backup team, and the score would read 21-15, 21-15.Of those 15 points in each game, 5 would be because of mishits. Another 3 would be because LCW was too busy on the floor, laughing his guts out. And 7 points would be earned - "maybe." This kinda puts things in perspective: how successful BAM's vaunted programmes have been so far...Waiting for someone to prove me wrong...
    This is hilarious because I can't prove you wrong

Page 11 of 125 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 61 111 ... LastLast