User Tag List

Page 116 of 122 FirstFirst ... 16 66 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 LastLast
Results 1,956 to 1,972 of 2062
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ngkt67 View Post
    heard the news that BAM (including Datuk LCW) wish to call back Misbun and his son after failed to make deals with Morten Frost's conditions...
    not bam~~~
    maybe only a few,lcw,TAM and XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    but people like rashid and TSB,no

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BAM to invite Misbun back as coaching director

by kng zheng guan
    These days Datuk Misbun Sidek spends his time coaching his son Misbun Ramdan, who left BAM last year.

PETALING JAYA: Former national coach Datuk Misbun Sidek could soon be back in the BA of Malaysia’s (BAM) fold.

That is, if he decides to accept the offer from the BAM to come on board as the national coaching director.

Misbun’s name was repeatedly brought up during the BAM’s Corporate Skills and Research (CSR) meeting chaired by president Tengku Tan Sri Mahaleel Tengku Ariff last month.

Even world No. 1 Lee Chong Wei has voiced his opinion that Misbun should be brought back.

BAM general manager Kenny Goh confirmed that he is in the midst of drafting an offer letter for Misbun.

“During the CSR meeting, Misbun’s name was repeatedly brought up and the decision was that the president, Tengku Mahaleel, would speak to him first,” said Kenny.

“Of course, nothing is confirmed as of now ... we don’t even know if he’s interested in returning to BAM.

“That’s why this offer is being drafted to see if he’s interested in returning. As of now, there have been no discussions between BAM and Misbun yet.”

It would be a big boost for the flailing national team if Misbun were to return.

But it will not be easy to persuade him to return. Misbun walked out of BAM in 2011 because he was unhappy with several decisions made by the coaching and training committee (CNT).

Since then, Misbun has been largely elusive although he has been coaching his son, Misbun Ramdan, who also left BAM last year.

Malaysia definitely need a man who is capable of charting the sport's future, especially since BAM have already missed out on badminton legends Morten Frost and Park Joo-bong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Today a local Chinese newspaper printed an interview with BAM secretary Ng Chin Chai regarding plans to create champions like LCW.
    He claimed that currently no player above 13yo in BAM's sight has the talent nor the gift of LCW. Hence, it is not likely that they'll be able to produce someone like LCW in the next 10 years.
    Also saying that LCW's talent is "seen once every hundred years".
    I find this statement hardly a reasonable excuse for BAM's failure to produce top quality player ever since LCW.
    I honestly think that talent or gift can propel a player only to a limited height. Reaching the top requires discipline, hardwork and a tiny bit of luck. When I look at LCW play on court I don't see any genius stroke like Taufik or master strategist like Lin Dan, I only see his hardwork and discipline paying him off.
    In the same article NCC admitted that Malaysia national team lacked the discipline that China and Korea team possess but attributed it to cultural behaviour. It sounds to me like he's saying Malaysians are naturally uncompetitive and slacking and there's nothing BAM can do about it. I do not understand how hard it is to crack the whip and weed out the weak, I'm sure there must be some youngsters who are willing to work hard and all they need is the chance to prove themselves.
    BAM seriously need major reformation immediately else Malaysian don't have much reason to watch any badminton tournament after LCW retired.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It's a case of deliberately playing down expectations.

If Malaysia doesn't have talent, how can it have so many world junior champions? The rest of the world has lesser talents?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheung View Post
    It's a case of deliberately playing down expectations.

If Malaysia doesn't have talent, how can it have so many world junior champions? The rest of the world has lesser talents?
    they talk a lot but i dont think they work hard on new player.
    they just focus the resource on u know who

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I thought focussed on three persons before. Now one combo already bye bye.

NCC still stuck.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    @SibugiChai u double post both article~~~
    oh no... how to delete now ???

sumting wrong wif my pc just now

anyway, looks like independt shuttlers not interested to play tomas cub or other reason....

if 4th single is ramdan, who didnt join trial, next time no need to hold trail...

i think daren liew should have to join the trial, he was not very impressive lately

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SibugiChai View Post
    oh no... how to delete now ???

sumting wrong wif my pc just now

anyway, looks like independt shuttlers not interested to play tomas cub or other reason....

if 4th single is ramdan, who didnt join trial, next time no need to hold trail...

i think daren liew should have to join the trial, he was not very impressive lately
    Deleted for you.

You might want to open another thread on Malaysia's TC/UC run up. This thread is going in the wrong direction.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

meanwhile,the runner up in 2010 ajc ms,loh wei sheng quit bam to focus on his study.
    expected

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    meanwhile,the runner up in 2010 ajc ms,loh wei sheng quit bam to focus on his study.
    expected
    i guess he thinks, he don't want to waste time with badminton...

i know social badminton players like us enjoy the game but for professional, its their life... 'open rice' depends on them...

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SibugiChai View Post
    i guess he thinks, he don't want to waste time with badminton...

i know social badminton players like us enjoy the game but for professional, its their life... 'open rice' depends on them...
    i watch his game in junior days~~~
    hard working type. like wong choong hann.
    another wasted talent i would said.
    thanks to bam.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh! forget to say,rashid become our single and double chief coach again at the moment.
    bravo! that's why misbun never will come back again unless someone are out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ misbun and rashid relationship is really that bad?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by soulpx View Post
    ^ misbun and rashid relationship is really that bad?
    i dont tink limsy mean rashid, when he said misbun will not be back until some1 is out !

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well
    i believe misbun is strict to the point.
    regardless who.
    he train ramdan really hard.

there is 2 kind of people
    1,fame without ability-you know who
    2,fame with ability-you know who

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it possible for visitors to drop by the training sessions of our national squad ? I will love to go and just have a watch on how they train.. especially the elites... saw video clips of them training just makes me excited...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Malaysia to be top three in badminton by 2020

KUALA LUMPUR: The Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) have promised to propel Malaysian badminton to a top-three position in the world by 2020.
    For now, that target is good enough for Youth and Sports Minister Khairy Jamaluddin after finally meeting up with BAM president Tengku Tan Sri Mahaleel Tengku Ariff and several other top badminton brass on Wednesday to clear the air on where Malaysian badminton is heading.
    Khairy had voiced his concern over the lack of talents coming through the ranks and BAM’s failure to find capable successors for world No. 1 Lee Chong Wei during the Malaysian Open in January.
    For now, Khairy has accepted BAM’s lofty goal.
    Currently, the countries ahead of Malaysia are China, Indonesia, South Korea, Japan, Denmark. Thailand – and even India, Germany and Singapore, to some extent.
    “The BAM’s top brass came to see me yesterday and they displayed a strategic road map. They hope to become the top three badminton nation by the year 2020,” said Khairy after the Sportswriters Association of Malaysia (SAM)-100Plus awards ceremony on Thursday.
    “They have sought my assistance to help develop the sport as they want to partner the schools. I will discuss this with the Education Ministry. BAM are looking at many programmes to broaden their talent base, which I think is pertinent.”
    Khairy had also queried the coaching set-up which has gone through change after change. After seven months, BAM are now back to their original structure of having one chief coach each for the singles and doubles departments.
    Rashid Sidek heads the singles department, while BAM have yet to find a leader for the doubles.
    “The BA of Malaysia have put in place a new coaching system. They have also established a new player analysis system in partnership with the National Sports Institute. For now, I am pleased with what they have presented,” he said.
    On Chong Wei’s status in the national team, Khairy has asked BAM to persuade the player to stay on until the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro.
    The 31-year-old Chong Wei, who is eyeing his first Asian Games gold in Incheon, South Korea, in September had indicated his desire to quit by the end of the year.
    If Chong Wei does quit, and with no quality players to pass the baton to, Malaysia could return home from the Rio Games without any medal.
    That is something Khairy is not prepared to accept.