User Tag List

Page 16 of 123 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 66 116 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

BAM CANCELS THOMAS/UBER CUP TEAMS TRAINING IN SABAH DUE TO LOGISTICS PROBLEM

http://my.entertainment.yahoo.com/ne...6894--spt.html

KUALA LUMPUR, Jan 31 (Bernama) -- The Badminton Association of Malaysia
    (BAM) today cancelled its plan to send the Thomas and Uber Cup teams for
    centralised training in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah due to logistics problems.

BAM secretary Ng Chin Chai said both teams, preparing for the Thomas and
    Uber Cup Qualifiers in Macau next month, would train at BAM''s official training
    base, Juara Stadium, Bukit Kiara instead.

Chin Chai said the centralised training stint had to be cancelled due to
    logistics problem although the initial training plan was recommended by the High
    Performance Team.

"If we trained in Sabah, players and officials will have to come back to
    Kuala Lumpur before heading to Macau because there are no direct flights to
    Macau from Sabah.

"BAM has weighed the situation. If we go ahead with the training, players
    will have to undergo a hectic schedule and they will not have enough rest," he
    told Bernama here today.

-- BERNAMA

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Razif slams bam for omitting world junior champion from Thomas Cup squad
    Posted on January 30, 2012, Monday

Read more: http://www.theborneopost.com/2012/01/30/razif-slams-bam-for-omitting-world-junior-champion-from-thomas-cup-squad/#ixzz1l41knUtm

Excerpts:

...Razif, during an interview with Bernama TV recently, said Zulfadli should have been given a chance to represent the country in the Thomas Cup Qualifier to be held in Macau from Feb 13 to 19.

...“At least he (Zulfadli) will be able to witness in person, how difficult or tough the competition is at the Thomas Cup.

“It does not matter whether he is from the Kuala Lumpur Racquet Club or not, BAM must still open the door to give players like Zulfadli in the near future. We must give opportunities for our best singles players so that they will be able to compete against the best in the world later on,” he said. — Bernama

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

phuh...kencang razif. Do that 's' service one more time pls.. lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tell the fans that tc is nothing.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    The Star Online > Sports
    Tuesday January 31, 2012
    Formation of the HPT must be for the long haul, BAM
    IN THE SPORT-LIGHT by RAJES PAUL
    THREE wise men. A fancy appellation with extravagant job specification. Question is: Just how is this going to help the Malaysian shuttlers excel in the London Olympics?
    It is bemusing, even baffling, as to why the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) formed the high-profile three-member High Per-formance Team (HPT) in the first place. It was, ostensibly, to look into the Olympic-bound team’s preparations less than seven months before the Games.
    It is a new name but the functions are still the same. It is basically moving chairs as the three appointees have also served in BAM’s coaching committee. Does a fancy name make for better ideas, inspiration or motivation? Why form a special team when the existing coaches and administrators could have done the job without, one would think, incurring extra costs?
    Avid listener: National singles coach Hendrawan giving instructions to Hafiz Hashim during the first day of the Thomas-Uber Cup squads’ centralised training in Bukit Kiara yesterday. – AHMAD IZZRAFIQ ALIAS / The Star
    Can the trio of Ng Chin Chai, Datuk James Selvaraj and Wong Ah Jit, perform the miracle of transforming players, who will be struggling to even make the cut for the Thomas Cup Finals, into Olympic medal winners?
    Except for Lee Chong Wei, the others, like the once vaunted doubles pairing of Koo Kien Keat and Tan Boon Heong are in a bad place where form and confidence are concerned.
    What could the HPT do to bring them out of the shadows when they obviously failed to do it as members of the coaching committee?
    Is this just another typical short-term solution to a long-term problem?
    No doubt, James Selvaraj, Chin Chai and Ah Jit have great experience and expertise.
    But James is doing exactly what he had been doing as the part-time High Performance Director (HPD) — reviewing training programmes and monitoring coaches — before BAM decided he was no good to them on a part-time basis.
    So, what do they do? Engage him on a part-time basis again to do the same thing.
    Just months ago, the former international had to put up a brave front as BAM spurned him and went about interviewing candidates to take over as the full-time HPD. All that effort went to waste of course.
    Chin Chai, a lawyer by profession, is the BAM’s secretary and chairman of the coaching and training committee.
    It is his job to ensure that the ‘Road to London’ programme goes smoothy and provide a check and balance system for the coaches. Now, he has taken up another post to do exactly the same thing.
    Then, there is Ah Jit of the National Sports Institute (NSI). Before his official involvement, all coaches and players — especially the Olympic-bound squad — had been working with the NSI support team.
    Ah Jit could have still made the calls — like the recent change in physical trainers for Kien Keat-Boon Heong — without being part of the triumvirate.
    So, why set up a fancy HPT when all they are doing is the same old, same old?
    Would it not have been better if the HPT focused on the future, like developing a team for the next Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro in 2016? Or even just making sure we qualify for the next Thomas Cup and Uber Cup. And what about finding a successor to Chong Wei, who has been carrying the load virtually single-handed for several years. And who will be 30 this year.
    James can initiate a new coaching and training programme while Ah Jit, known for his administrative skills and knowledge in sports science, can draft a long-term blue print for success.
    Enough of this so called short-term ventures which, more often than not, never amount to much except wastage of funds better utilised in developing the game at grassroot levels. But then that is not so glamorous, is it?
    Malaysia’s current predicament is the worrying lack of world class talent emerging through the ranks.
    This is what the HPT should be focusing on.
    And what about the dire state of the women’s singles? They should be looking beyond the elite group and reach out to revive the state programmes. But that is not very glamorous is it?
    Former international Teh Kew San hit the nail on the head when he called for changes in the state development programme, which has been, by and large, ignored and fallen into decay. BAM have gone too long with their ad hoc plans and myopic vision.
    There could be glory at the London Olympics but it could also be a total catastrophe. What then?
    Let’s not forget that after the disastrous outing at the 2004 Athens Games, BAM proclaimed that they would rectify matters and work on producing quality players. Among the grandoise targets was winning the Thomas Cup in 2012.
    Well, here we are eight years later and instead of being a serious contender we are staring at missing out on even qualifying for the Finals.

Real progress that. Perhaps we need a High Performance Team to look into the BAM...

http://thestar.com.my/services/print...asp&sec=sports

Rajes Paul shooting at BAM, been some time since she last did this

Very straight talking article. It must sting.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by extremenanopowe View Post
    tell the fans that tc is nothing.

Nice .....

Those were the days when I was not yet the, ahem, neutral fan I am now ...... wakakakaka.

It was nice, being at the ferocious Stadium Negara doing battle against a strong Indonesian supporter base - all in good spirits, of course.

By the time this match ended, Rashid Sidek almost had to be carried off court by Punch Gunalan, he was so dead tired ....... now that's commitment to win that match at all costs. Good thing too, 'cos Malaysia lost the first doubles match when Jalani Sidek had to take the court with high fever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always goto MO during Stadium Negara days. Seeing players sweat like nobody biz.. super humid. I think the atmosphere is nicer there. If they can put aircond, it will be nice.

Actually, msia still can qualify if they play it right. Crazy to admit loss before even playing. Who knows there are injuries in other teams or messed up strategies??

Team event is very dynamic and this is where it get interesting.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.hmetro.com.my/myMetro/art...cle/index_html
    Tan Sri Elyas Omar, ex BAM President, i.e. BAM President when Msia last won TC in 1992, giving his comments. He's shooting at BAM, esp Mr Ng for 'TC not so important' comment.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bam is going to the right direction - hell

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, elyas is still around. A good hit on 'not so important' person.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink Will Ng Chin Chai say that the Olympics is not important next?

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    http://www.hmetro.com.my/myMetro/art...cle/index_html
    Tan Sri Elyas Omar, ex BAM President, i.e. BAM President when Msia last won TC in 1992, giving his comments. He's shooting at BAM, esp Mr Ng for 'TC not so important' comment.
    I like what Tan Sri Elyas Omar asked; Will Ng Chin Chai say that the Olympics is not important after Lee Chong Wei has retired?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I lol when I read that part chris.
    The one in BH more sting, he told the management step down if fail to qualify
    http://www.bharian.com.my/bharian/ar...cle/index_html

http://www.bharian.com.my/bharian/ar...rogram/Article
    Last edited by eaglehelang; 02-06-2012 at 08:44 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone think or has anyone thought about how Ng Chin Chai's last 2 names is synonymous with the work he has accomplished - 'chin chai' done? This thing has lit up a light in my mind ever since his name was mentioned but I didn't think it will come and has come to this stage of mess.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pakito View Post
    Does anyone think or has anyone thought about how Ng Chin Chai's last 2 names is synonymous with the work he has accomplished - 'chin chai' done? This thing has lit up a light in my mind ever since his name was mentioned but I didn't think it will come and has come to this stage of mess.
    Hey, dude...that was the name his parents gave him and that's about it. It may seem to you chin chai, easy, easy lah and you may laugh about it...that chap is a lawyer who know nothing much about international badminton, only know what a lawyer knows how to milk the system and before you know it, you and the rest of the rakyat will be like fishes being gobbled up and only bones left

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Let's not make fun of people's names

I would suggest that we not make fun of people's names.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With Capten Chin Chai practically putting his own neck into the noose, I reckon being politically correct is the furthest from everyone else's minds. That being said, the reference made about his working capabilities IS an ironic coincidence to his name. Not to poke fun in any way. Besides there are far more ways to do that. I rest my case.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's pretty obvious that he is seen as the clown now within BAM.

Anyway, he still has the last laugh with the mulla...

Page 16 of 123 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 66 116 ... LastLast