User Tag List

Page 18 of 123 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 68 118 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

exactly!!!! thats what i mean.. thank you aikachan...thank god we still have talents.. but somebody needs to step up and get them to fulfill/realize their potential

Quote Originally Posted by Aikachan View Post
    No Moderator Cheung, I think what pajrul meant was this batch of players (apart from the youngsters that just made transition from junior level to senior's) already has experience in international tourneys, but they still far behind compared to same batch, even younger batches from China, Indonesia, Japan...we know they're talented, we've seen them play, but why they're still falling behind?

This is why Ewe Hock made this statement; too many heads in BAM for making the best decision. We need a supremo to really handle and have a say in coaching and training matters (someone with the solid background of this sport). I think MAS baddy fans have a little bit of hope when BAM decided to hire a High Performance Director. But instead BAM hired themselves: Ng Chin Chai (lawyer who handles training programs), Kenny Goh (gen. manager), and James Selvaraj (who once asked what was he really supposed to do in BAM). Bam's president background is ex chairman of Proton (MAS motor industries).

This so called dilemma has been discussing so long, it stinks.
    Last edited by pajrul; 04-10-2012 at 08:54 PM.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pajrul View Post
    exactly!!!! thats what i mean.. thank you aikachan...thank god we still have talents.. but somebody needs to step up and get them to fulfill/realize their potential
    ...except that most who could "step up" to realise the potential, have "stepped down" or been made to "step away"...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CXJ - Lydia Cheah 21-15 21-16 [0:32]

Too say that Lydia Cheah lacks experience is totally untrue. I wonder whats going on in MAS WS department?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lack of Intensity during training and during tournament? Malas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by extremenanopowe View Post
    Lack of Intensity during training and during tournament? Malas.
    Really ahh?? Although I hope thats not the case. Maybe they go through the same routine of training without addressing the problems and make some changes to tackle them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lydia is studying... so she is not commited to training at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My guess is BAM just throw them into the kandang. See which one can swim out of it. So far only lcw. lol.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CXJ - Lydia Cheah 21-15 21-16 [0:32]

Too say that Lydia Cheah lacks experience is totally untrue. I wonder whats going on in MAS WS department?
    again i insist
    any player who opt to study along with training
    dont put high hope on them.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    again i insist
    any player who opt to study along with training
    dont put high hope on them.
    They try to get both worlds but might end up lose all.. Unless the athlete/student is very brilliant & fit, it is very hard to going through that challenge.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Licin View Post
    They try to get both worlds but might end up lose all.. Unless the athlete/student is very brilliant & fit, it is very hard to going through that challenge.
    yeah
    many thought it was safe than only concentrate in one aim
    but that was what destroyed the hope and possibility.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Licin View Post
    Yup, usually you can only pick one except in MAS, only Nicol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nokh88 View Post
    Yup, usually you can only pick one except in MAS, only Nicol.
    So.....are there any MAS WS (national/independent) players that actually commited to be in this profession til' retirement?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rosman Razak new coach for Womens and mixed double department! Good choice? Bad choice?

BAM name Rosman as women’s and mixed doubles head coach

KUALA LUMPUR: The Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) showed faith in the local coaches when they named Rosman Razak as the head coach for the women’s and mixed doubles in place of Indonesian Rexy Mainaky.
    Rexy, the former Olympic and world champion, quit after seven years with the BAM to take up an appointment as director of coaching with the Philippines BA.
    Yesterday, the BAM coaching and training committee, headed by Ng Chin Chai, named Rosman as the replacement with Jeremy Gan and Chong Kien Ling as his assistants. Jeremy will continue to focus on the mixed pair of Chan Peng Soon-Goh Liu Ying.
    “We chose Rosman based on his seniority and ability. He has served with the national team for a lone time and has worked with the players before.
    “We used these criteria to pick him,” said Chin Chai.
    Rosman had assisted Rexy when he was in charge of the women’s doubles players.
    “Rosman has the job until the end of the year when the contracts of the coaches are reviewed. Only then will we decide whether to change the coaching structure,” said Chin Chai.
    “We have no plans to engage any foreign coaches this year.”
    Chin Chai said Pang Cheh Chang and Jeremy would have other responsibilities as well.
    “Pang is helping out with the men’s doubles to prepare Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong for the Olympics. Jeremy also has a specific job to handle Peng Soon-Liu Ying, who have a realistic chance to win a medal at the Games,” he added.
    The committee also decided that five players will participate in a month-long selection trial for the national team. They are Tan Chee Tean and Goh Jian Hao (Kedah); Chew Huey Yan (Penang); and Amelia Anscelly, Soong Fie Choo (Sabah).

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

So.....are there any MAS WS (national/independent) players that actually commited to be in this profession til' retirement?
    If not, I can't really blame them....

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Cool I love the sardonic twist in this headline!

Koo-Tan surprise coach with defeat
    By K.M. Boopathy

http://www.nst.com.my/sports/badmint...defeat-1.78550

Excerpts:

Men's doubles chief coach Tan Kim Her struggled to find words to explain Kien Keat-Boon Heong's defeat as he claimed his leading pair had prepared well for the tournament.

"Kien Keat-Boon Heong worked hard before the tournament and were in good condition and that's the reason I set them a semi-final target. It's hard to win matches now if a pair is too defensive but that could not be the only reason for their defeat," said Kim Her in Kuala Lumpur yesterday.

"I just watched their match on TV and it's hard to conclude what transpired. I have to get a report from Pang (Cheh Chang) and find out what went wrong.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    Rosman Razak new coach for Womens and mixed double department! Good choice? Bad choice?
    Very bad choice. Who is he? Is he good enough?

Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    “We chose Rosman based on his seniority and ability. He has served with the national team for a lone (long) time and has worked with the players before.
    “We used these criteria to pick him,” said Chin Chai.
    Ha ha..Never knew that seniority and length of time means he is the right person? If these are the criteria, God bless MAS badminton.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    Koo-Tan surprise coach with defeat
    By K.M. Boopathy

http://www.nst.com.my/sports/badmint...defeat-1.78550

Excerpts:

Men's doubles chief coach Tan Kim Her struggled to find words to explain Kien Keat-Boon Heong's defeat as he claimed his leading pair had prepared well for the tournament.

"Kien Keat-Boon Heong worked hard before the tournament and were in good condition and that's the reason I set them a semi-final target. It's hard to win matches now if a pair is too defensive but that could not be the only reason for their defeat," said Kim Her in Kuala Lumpur yesterday.

"I just watched their match on TV and it's hard to conclude what transpired. I have to get a report from Pang (Cheh Chang) and find out what went wrong.
    Same old story..these coaches never got tired. We, the fans already so bored with these kinds of excuses. Hey...please try something new.

Page 18 of 123 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 68 118 ... LastLast