User Tag List

Page 23 of 122 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 73 ... LastLast
Results 375 to 391 of 2068
  1. #375
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    15
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Oh.. no wonder Korea and Japan also have good players. Well Ken Tago nearly suprise LCW back then. The Korea pair is awesome.

    I think Dato Lee Chong Wei will retire after this Olympic. Then, I cant see any Malaysian will be go even top 5 for men's single.

    Even now our double is currently sit at 8th.

  2. #376
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    haha
    can u imagine another extra political hand from mas sports ministry in bam where we already have couple of them???

  3. #377
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    15
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Regarding the politic involvment, its hard to tell or to be speak here.

    I'm afraid that the BAM will act as our FAM as NOBODY can say a thing about them as what happened recently to Tan Sri Anuar Musa.

    The problem is, they must know and must hear our opinion to ensure the Badminton in Malaysia will gain their respectable success. Previously, Malaysia, Indonesia, and China were the dominant country for Badminton.. but now I don't think Malaysian is one of them anymore. Like I said, for how long should we depends on LCW for Single and Tan-Koo pair for double?

    Previosly, I was the person who organize a badminton tournament for my university not recall, maybe on 2002. There is this guy that study in Business that attract me. He won all the game with just give a point to his opponent, just a single point!. I dont recall his name. But I asked him why not play for Malaysia.. he said.. nobody come asking and he also don't know how to apply. See... how we lost a good player?

    Malaysia should have a platform in which if a person want to apply to play for Malaysia. Then from there maybe they can filter the player/s.

    Just my 2 cents.

  4. #378
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    185
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    maybe he choose the 3 highest paid?hehe
    so the one in jb should know what to do.



    i not major in business
    lol
    anyway,i dont think it is a good investment
    I think they don't care about the money lah, as long as they can have their NAME on the players' shirt......

  5. #379
    Regular Member pBmMalaysia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kuching, Malaysia, Malaysia
    Posts
    4,718
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sajiu View Post
    Regarding the politic involvment, its hard to tell or to be speak here. I'm afraid that the BAM will act as our FAM as NOBODY can say a thing about them as what happened recently to Tan Sri Anuar Musa. The problem is, they must know and must hear our opinion to ensure the Badminton in Malaysia will gain their respectable success. Previously, Malaysia, Indonesia, and China were the dominant country for Badminton.. but now I don't think Malaysian is one of them anymore. Like I said, for how long should we depends on LCW for Single and Tan-Koo pair for double? Previosly, I was the person who organize a badminton tournament for my university not recall, maybe on 2002. There is this guy that study in Business that attract me. He won all the game with just give a point to his opponent, just a single point!. I dont recall his name. But I asked him why not play for Malaysia.. he said.. nobody come asking and he also don't know how to apply. See... how we lost a good player? Malaysia should have a platform in which if a person want to apply to play for Malaysia. Then from there maybe they can filter the player/s. Just my 2 cents.
    So this spotted player is relatively good in your opinion and studying in business.

    Then he should have thought of exposing himself to higher level of tournament,

    like the bam state open (KL proton open, Kedah proton open etc..).

    But he didn't and he gave you an answer don't know how and nobody came and ask him.

    These 2 answers can tell you he ain't the guy, pal.

  6. #380
    Regular Member undeadshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    马来西亚
    Posts
    8,336
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sajiu View Post
    If only BAM make their own league and welcome all players from Malaysia, I think Malaysia can find a lot of potential players.

    I heard China and Indonesia have their badminton league.

    Currently in Malaysia what I see is, the same people playing.. when they are cornered without any players than the BAM changed their view to KLRC. In which KLRC.

    For how long this gonna last? I really hope that we can have our own league and I can confirm that there might be a pair out there in Malaysia that can beat Koo and Tan. I think maybe there also will be a person that can beat our World no 1. Dato' Lee Chong Wei already past his prime. He will be 30 this year while Lin Dan will be just 29. China, Indonesia and Korea keep on producing a lot of very high potential players. But we keep on rotating the same player over and over again. Of course they know the weakness of the players. Just look at how our World no 1 lost to Shon Wan Ho in India. Please dont give excuse as maybe he just recover from his injury coz if he just recover, dont even play. If not mistake, Wan Ho is only 24 years old.

    I dont even know how we gonna win Olympic Gold for Badminton or the Thomas Cup, but hope we win.

    Just my personal opinion.
    So you're saying this unknown pair with just normal training, no special coach to discuss tactics and so on can just anyhow beat LCW and KKK/TBH? Looking at who LCW has lost to these past 2 years... I dare say that it is a tall order.
    KKK/TBH have been beated many times by players inside the BAM fold. I honestly don't know why you are finding unknown and random people to beat them. If these pro players are not in BAM without their professional training and have never participated in professional tourneys overseas whether independent or not, chances are that KKK/TBH will beat them single digits, straight games with mercy points.
    What you're implying is that we have random people who can beat the world number 1 and 8 just out of nowhere if we host a badminton league.

    And I feel sad to see that almost all Malaysians until now still do not seem to know who is Chan Peng Soon/Goh Liu Ying.

  7. #381
    Regular Member extremenanopowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    SG. Go for NCAP-L2 certified coach.
    Posts
    11,735
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    There are a few good hustlers out there. Cari makan.

  8. #382
    Moderator cobalt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arrakis
    Posts
    8,666
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by undeadshot View Post
    So you're saying this unknown pair with just normal training, no special coach to discuss tactics and so on can just anyhow beat LCW and KKK/TBH? Looking at who LCW has lost to these past 2 years... I dare say that it is a tall order.
    KKK/TBH have been beated many times by players inside the BAM fold. I honestly don't know why you are finding unknown and random people to beat them. If these pro players are not in BAM without their professional training and have never participated in professional tourneys overseas whether independent or not, chances are that KKK/TBH will beat them single digits, straight games with mercy points.
    What you're implying is that we have random people who can beat the world number 1 and 8 just out of nowhere if we host a badminton league.

    And I feel sad to see that almost all Malaysians until now still do not seem to know who is Chan Peng Soon/Goh Liu Ying.
    Conceptually, Sajiu has a point. Mind you, just conceptually, but I for one, recognise the point he is attempting to make.

    I once played for an 18-month period for my college team. I barely made it into the team, but it was led by a thin, small guy who was 3 years older than me. He looked like a hippie, chain-smoked and did pot. He had thin arms and a tummy. He had soft, sad eyes and long hair. But he smiled a lot, and was very easygoing. He didn't train, but it was known that he had trained pretty seriously as a kid, back in Hong Kong, I believe, in the late 60s and very early 70s. He must have been one of the most talented players I have ever seen, and that includes everything I have watched on Youtube. To watch this guy was just unreal. He floated on court. His backhand was as magical as Taufik, and it does not come easy for me to say this. His courtcraft, shape, technique was in a word, supreme. He had Carbonex racquets and Yonex bags, and Yonex shoes at a time when guys like me could only dream of them. And yet, in another year's time, he disappeared.

    If this sounds hard to believe, believe it, because it is true. He never won anything more than runner-up at most university tournaments, but when he was in the mood, he could thrash all the winners and even state-level players with one hand tied, make them look like ridiculous, bumbling idiots on court. And then he'd get bored, and let it drift away from him.

    No one thought fit to persuade him to make it to the next level. Many good, respected coaches knew of him, watched him play, but scorned him when they saw him smoking, and they all walked away. We all knew the coaches wanted their own importance, and they knew there was nothing they could teach him, or take credit for as far as he was concerned.

    Where did the problem lie? He was in love with the game, in an almost romantic way. But no one wanted to take the effort to convert this love into a passion, to channel his energies into a professional approach. We lost a potential champion then.

    When I watch Taufik now, I am often reminded of that other guy. Only, the other guy had the genetic code to be a naturally better, more artistic, graceful, gifted and lethal player than even Taufik. I believe this, because I was there. But then, he had some other stuff in his genetic code that would never allow him to fulfill the potential.

    In the end, it is just another sad, "if only" story. I am sure there are many such stories in towns all over Malaysia. And other countries, too. But it also points to how many things have to come together in time and space for a guy to actually fulfill his potential in a walk of life he loves.

  9. #383
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,684
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Arrow Very sad, but true

    Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    Conceptually, Sajiu has a point. Mind you, just conceptually, but I for one, recognise the point he is attempting to make.

    I once played for an 18-month period for my college team. I barely made it into the team, but it was led by a thin, small guy who was 3 years older than me. He looked like a hippie, chain-smoked and did pot. He had thin arms and a tummy. He had soft, sad eyes and long hair. But he smiled a lot, and was very easygoing. He didn't train, but it was known that he had trained pretty seriously as a kid, back in Hong Kong, I believe, in the late 60s and very early 70s. He must have been one of the most talented players I have ever seen, and that includes everything I have watched on Youtube. To watch this guy was just unreal. He floated on court. His backhand was as magical as Taufik, and it does not come easy for me to say this. His courtcraft, shape, technique was in a word, supreme. He had Carbonex racquets and Yonex bags, and Yonex shoes at a time when guys like me could only dream of them. And yet, in another year's time, he disappeared.

    If this sounds hard to believe, believe it, because it is true. He never won anything more than runner-up at most university tournaments, but when he was in the mood, he could thrash all the winners and even state-level players with one hand tied, make them look like ridiculous, bumbling idiots on court. And then he'd get bored, and let it drift away from him.

    No one thought fit to persuade him to make it to the next level. Many good, respected coaches knew of him, watched him play, but scorned him when they saw him smoking, and they all walked away. We all knew the coaches wanted their own importance, and they knew there was nothing they could teach him, or take credit for as far as he was concerned.

    Where did the problem lie? He was in love with the game, in an almost romantic way. But no one wanted to take the effort to convert this love into a passion, to channel his energies into a professional approach. We lost a potential champion then.

    When I watch Taufik now, I am often reminded of that other guy. Only, the other guy had the genetic code to be a naturally better, more artistic, graceful, gifted and lethal player than even Taufik. I believe this, because I was there. But then, he had some other stuff in his genetic code that would never allow him to fulfill the potential.

    In the end, it is just another sad, "if only" story. I am sure there are many such stories in towns all over Malaysia. And other countries, too. But it also points to how many things have to come together in time and space for a guy to actually fulfill his potential in a walk of life he loves.
    .
    That's a great story of one's talent/potential. But if he/she doesn't want to make use of it, what can we say?

    As a coach, I have found this type of stories so very often - Talented trainees who were encouraged to perform better, lost interest (just because of the extra work, which is required to arrive at the next level).

    Very sad, but true.
    .

  10. #384
    Regular Member pBmMalaysia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kuching, Malaysia, Malaysia
    Posts
    4,718
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sajiu View Post
    If only BAM make their own league and welcome all players from Malaysia, I think Malaysia can find a lot of potential players. I heard China and Indonesia have their badminton league. Currently in Malaysia what I see is, the same people playing.. when they are cornered without any players than the BAM changed their view to KLRC. In which KLRC. For how long this gonna last? I really hope that we can have our own league and I can confirm that there might be a pair out there in Malaysia that can beat Koo and Tan. I think maybe there also will be a person that can beat our World no 1. Dato' Lee Chong Wei already past his prime. He will be 30 this year while Lin Dan will be just 29. China, Indonesia and Korea keep on producing a lot of very high potential players. But we keep on rotating the same player over and over again. Of course they know the weakness of the players. Just look at how our World no 1 lost to Shon Wan Ho in India. Please dont give excuse as maybe he just recover from his injury coz if he just recover, dont even play. If not mistake, Wan Ho is only 24 years old. I dont even know how we gonna win Olympic Gold for Badminton or the Thomas Cup, but hope we win. Just my personal opinion.
    Which age group for the league are you talking about?

  11. #385
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    icy cold place
    Posts
    3,778
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post
    Which age group for the league are you talking about?
    Over-the-hill leaque, you be the coach, I play XD reserve or be the chap who bring the water bootles

  12. #386
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sajiu View Post
    Regarding the politic involvment, its hard to tell or to be speak here.

    I'm afraid that the BAM will act as our FAM as NOBODY can say a thing about them as what happened recently to Tan Sri Anuar Musa.

    The problem is, they must know and must hear our opinion to ensure the Badminton in Malaysia will gain their respectable success. Previously, Malaysia, Indonesia, and China were the dominant country for Badminton.. but now I don't think Malaysian is one of them anymore. Like I said, for how long should we depends on LCW for Single and Tan-Koo pair for double?

    Malaysia should have a platform in which if a person want to apply to play for Malaysia. Then from there maybe they can filter the player/s.

    Just my 2 cents.
    mind to tell me when is the last time we were one of the dominating country in the history of badminton?

  13. #387
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    icy cold place
    Posts
    3,778
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    mind to tell me when is the last time we were one of the dominating country in the history of badminton?
    Sajiu said 'previously' (read slowly again) that means a loooong time ago before you were born or even before you parents dated back to Wong Peng Soon era of wooden rackets and all....now even I wasn't born then and of course, no CHN and that LD chap hanging around and MAS in those days was like the emperor with one-eye and others are blind so we rule baddy

  14. #388
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,684
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Question When was Malaysia a dominating country at Badminton?

    Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    mind to tell me when is the last time we were one of the dominating country in the history of badminton?
    .
    I think I can answer this question.

    It was from the start of Badminton Team Men's Championships up to 1955, when Malaysia was the most dominating country.

    However, in 1967 and 1992, Malaysia came back strong again for a short spell. Check the info recorded at this link;

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Cup
    .

  15. #389
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,684
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Thumbs up Badminton around the World

    Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    It was from the start of Badminton Team Men's Championships up to 1955, when Malaysia was the most dominating country.

    However, in 1967 and 1992, Malaysia came back strong again for a short spell. Check the info recorded at this link;

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Cup
    .
    I have also provided some info about Badminton for many countries. Have a read of this thread;

    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...ound-the-World
    .

  16. #390
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    mind to show a table that where did malaysia stand on wc and og medal tally?

  17. #391
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,684
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Thumbs up History of Badminton

    Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    mind to show a table that where did malaysia stand on wc and og medal tally?
    .
    For the World Championships;
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BWF_World_Championships

    For the Olympic Games;
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Badmint...ummer_Olympics

    From there, you could see where Malaysia stood in the History of Badminton.
    .

Page 23 of 122 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 73 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Direction to the GYM from Seoul
    By mollaio in forum Asian Badminton Championship 2009
    Replies: 5
    : 03-28-2009, 03:53 PM
  2. Backhand Clear Direction
    By killest in forum Techniques / Training
    Replies: 32
    : 03-24-2008, 05:19 AM
  3. Shot direction
    By Loopy in forum Techniques / Training
    Replies: 4
    : 04-24-2007, 12:46 PM
  4. direction of turning after hitting a backhand?
    By llpjlau in forum Techniques / Training
    Replies: 12
    : 04-21-2007, 04:57 PM
  5. Wind direction problem in the stadium
    By weeyet in forum World Championships 2006
    Replies: 21
    : 09-20-2006, 05:49 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •