User Tag List

Page 29 of 125 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 79 ... LastLast
Results 477 to 493 of 2117
  1. #477
    Regular Member nokh88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    9,047
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Razif's comments are right to some extend especially the suggestions of a chief coach but is there an ulterior motive? How come he didn't say anything about his brother, Rashid's contribution?

  2. #478
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nokh88 View Post
    Razif's comments are right to some extend especially the suggestions of a chief coach but is there an ulterior motive? How come he didn't say anything about his brother, Rashid's contribution?
    this is not good
    try ask how misbun think about rashid

  3. #479
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,291
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    this is not good
    try ask how misbun think about rashid
    You reckon brothers/siblings will give negative opinions about each other. Unlikely.

    Rashid's presence is not worth the tax money the Rakyat forked out. The same for Tey Seu Bock.

    Plenty of enthusiasm, hot air and gestures but no quality as a coach.

    In cantonese, Mo Liew To

  4. #480
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    6,527
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Why all the gloom and doom? Not everyone sees it this way. As Li Yong Bo just commented we are seeing new blood coming on board to replace the two declining old powers, which is good for the future of world badminton.
    With new faces badminton can expect exciting times ahead.
    Of course Malaysia and Indonesia will be around, initially as second tier powers and then gOd only knows what!

    Do you know the implications of appointing a Chief Coach with full authority over the national team?
    Before you can blink an eye, half the treasure chest is gone. Full authority must come with full power for it to work, and they will be meaningless without having sole control over money.

  5. #481
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    289
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i seriously sort of agree with razif comments: someone need to take wnough responsiblities in these events: BAM is really facing a hell lot of problems and they just wont admit it.

    Tan Kim Her gotta know that he cant be changing pairs in a game like this. a pair of doubles is formed after hundreds of games in tournament, not just one or two matches in training and send them against some top 10 pairs in the world. he gotta know that it wont work.

    KKK and TBH arent getting the synergy they used to have, and well, as Razif said, the coach gonna do something. DL is not performing at all, well chong wei feng does show some inprovement, so i wonder why the focus is still on daren liew.

    malaysia is facing very serious and urgent need to develop new players. Now we have a World no1(which goning to be number2 next week), a world number 8 pair which was once so powerful but since lost all their energy despite their youth, a pair of women doubles which was previously world number 1, now at no16, never regain their previous form. then we have a pair of mixed doubles, something which we dont have in the past, and hey are doing relatively well.

    and what happen after olympics is, our LCW is retiring, CEH/WPT is retiring, KKK/TBH looks to be parted, and probably, we only left with CPS/GLY. the younger genration, simple put, either cant perform up to standard or lack of abilities to do so.

    like all other government scetors in malaysia, BAM also faced another problem. from the national budget, to the sport council, to BAM, to all those official, filtered until finally whats left to be the players salary and team expenditure, the figure, isnt anywhere near inetresting. That salary, well proves why many people rather be a banker, an engineer or an accountant than a player.


    besides the constrains in budget, the players is also not given enough autonomy. players dont even get to choose which game to play for. once chat with a player before, let call X. X is an adult already, no longer elligible in youth tournament, despite being in the national reserve team, X has participate in less then 10 games in running calender year. despite a relatively good performance recently, X is not being send to upcoming tournaments in the following month. X dont even know when the next competition will be!

    well there have actually been several other players facing similar problems like X. there is also certain players like (ok, guess i dont name it this time) who is rich enough to afford taking a flight to some far countries, stay in good hotels and even spend a short holiday there. In fact sometimes its perfectly rational to see the choice of competition, eg, IC in indonesia and IC in russia is held at the same time, IC is indonesia is much harder, but due to limit in budget, BAM probably send their team to indonesia (just an example, i seriously got no idea any team to this year IC indonesia or russia). Well so this is the problem, those richer players who can afford to go on their own would want to go IC in russia, but they are not allowed! However, there are certain countries which the players do have some form of autonomy in the conpetition they choose from.

  6. #482
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kuala Lumpue
    Posts
    1,863
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i missed Indra Gunawan very much as he did made our MS players (Wong Choong Hann, Ong Eve Hock, Lee Tsuen Seng, James Chua, Hafiz Hashim a.k.a not yoyo that time) getting into top 20 that years ago...

  7. #483
    Regular Member extremenanopowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    SG. Go for NCAP-L2 certified coach.
    Posts
    11,851
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    sad case. all are divided.

  8. #484
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    199
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Hi

    They are there as "Fah Choon" as in cantonese

    Quote Originally Posted by Miqilin7 View Post
    You reckon brothers/siblings will give negative opinions about each other. Unlikely.

    Rashid's presence is not worth the tax money the Rakyat forked out. The same for Tey Seu Bock.

    Plenty of enthusiasm, hot air and gestures but no quality as a coach.

    In cantonese, Mo Liew To

  9. #485
    Regular Member extremenanopowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    SG. Go for NCAP-L2 certified coach.
    Posts
    11,851
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    who knows, maybe rashid is the proxy for misbun? jeng, jeng, jeng...

  10. #486
    Regular Member extremenanopowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    SG. Go for NCAP-L2 certified coach.
    Posts
    11,851
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Also if lcw retires, sponsors may not come in.

    So, those blood suckers will slow move to other areas to suck up blood somewhere.

  11. #487
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    6,527
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I believe BAM have tried all sorts of setups, including a chief coach for the national team. The last chief coach was Yap Kim Hock, who suffered the indignity of being demoted to another lower sports academy.

    If there are any blood suckers, those who promise BAM they have the solutions on condition they are hired on their terms come closest. It is a revolving door. They come with false promises, get paid, fail, blame others for not giving them what is being asked, and then get kicked out. Bottom line-they get paid, and BAM gets to hold the dirt.
    It is not the system that is at fault. It is the poor raw material the country has for it to work on.
    In fact, both Malaysia and Indonesia will suffer the greatest fall of all over time.

  12. #488
    Regular Member pBmMalaysia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kuching, Malaysia, Malaysia
    Posts
    4,745
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    I believe BAM have tried all sorts of setups, including a chief coach for the national team. The last chief coach was Yap Kim Hock, who suffered the indignity of being demoted to another lower sports academy.If there are any blood suckers, those who promise BAM they have the solutions on condition they are hired on their terms come closest. It is a revolving door. They come with false promises, get paid, fail, blame others for not giving them what is being asked, and then get kicked out. Bottom line-they get paid, and BAM gets to hold the dirt.It is not the system that is at fault. It is the poor raw material the country has for it to work on.In fact, both Malaysia and Indonesia will suffer the greatest fall of all over time.
    Taneepak, get sober write something else.

    Your last few posts are totally sick you are trying to tell the public,

    repeatedly, Malaysia and Indonesia are doomed not because of the system

    but because of the poor raw material and those false promises coaches?


    In your real world, if you hired a person and pay him and he can't perform,

    you kicked and you say he came with false promises?

    But still, your system is not at fault but the material?


    Unbelievable !!

    The populations of these two countries combined

    giving you the slightest fart,

    you will be nowhere to be found lol
    Last edited by pBmMalaysia; 05-28-2012 at 12:07 PM.

  13. #489
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    6,527
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Just look at how many times Indonesia and Malaysia have won the Thomas Cup since its inception. Aside from China, only Indonesia and Malaysia have ever won the Thomas Cup. Not even Korea, Denmark or Japan has ever won it once.
    But that was when the game was more of an amateur sport and few countries had even heard of the game.
    Now, let us be realistic, can you imagine Malaysia or Indonesia regaining Thomas Cup again?
    This time around both Malaysia and Indonesia were not part of the exclusive club of 4 in the Thomas Cup final rounds. Do you think this is just a stroke of bad luck? Of course not, because it will become a permanent feature from now on.
    The combined populations of these two countries may be big but it is the quality that counts, not quantity.
    Like they say if a carpenter is given poor tools how can he produce quality furniture? Now, if Malaysia and Indonesia have the dna of say China or Korea, then this is an entirely different story.

  14. #490
    Regular Member pBmMalaysia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kuching, Malaysia, Malaysia
    Posts
    4,745
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    So china or Korea has the DNA for good material, try ask them to produce the likes of usain bolt.

    There's more money here and good for tourism, to name one.


    Btw, how did Japan and Korea come up with such a strong team?

    Having DNA changed / modified? Or hard work with good coaches?

  15. #491
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    289
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    Just look at how many times Indonesia and Malaysia have won the Thomas Cup since its inception. Aside from China, only Indonesia and Malaysia have ever won the Thomas Cup. Not even Korea, Denmark or Japan has ever won it once.
    But that was when the game was more of an amateur sport and few countries had even heard of the game.
    Now, let us be realistic, can you imagine Malaysia or Indonesia regaining Thomas Cup again?
    This time around both Malaysia and Indonesia were not part of the exclusive club of 4 in the Thomas Cup final rounds. Do you think this is just a stroke of bad luck? Of course not, because it will become a permanent feature from now on.
    The combined populations of these two countries may be big but it is the quality that counts, not quantity.
    Like they say if a carpenter is given poor tools how can he produce quality furniture? Now, if Malaysia and Indonesia have the dna of say China or Korea, then this is an entirely different story.
    u blame it on dna? can you talk more sense?
    i am not sure why you can come up with such a theory, are you a leading scientist or what not that i have missed out.

    rody hartono, joko subrianto, candra wijaya, taufik hidayat, lee chong wei, wong choong hann the list goes on and on and these players keep apprearing in the past until recently, they stop. and even previously good players stop performing. u think it is not the system, but DNA?

  16. #492
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    6,527
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yes, dna is everything. There is even a recent article that says one country has the cleverest people in the world, based on a Western scoring system used to test many countries. Although it didn't so as much, it is obvious the reason was due to dna.
    Yes, the likes of China or Korea do not have the dna of Usain Bolt or the type of sports he is good at. But sports or games like badminton, which is often referred to as Physical Chess Game, dna is everything.
    On another note, I was a great admirer of Rudy Hartono when young, based on the standards set then. But just look at the videos of some of his games now you can see clearly how poorly he compares with today's players. There is a huge gap in quality, and the gap will get bigger.

  17. #493
    Regular Member pBmMalaysia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kuching, Malaysia, Malaysia
    Posts
    4,745
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ok, i will go along with you ...

    Then, my question is how does the DNA change?

    Is it because a very small percentage of Koreans are busy

    doing hard training for baddy and that's it, the DNA changed?

    I am puzzled, do provide us more information on where you got the articles, taneepak.

Page 29 of 125 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 79 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Direction to the GYM from Seoul
    By mollaio in forum Asian Badminton Championship 2009
    Replies: 5
    : 03-28-2009, 04:53 PM
  2. Backhand Clear Direction
    By killest in forum Techniques / Training
    Replies: 32
    : 03-24-2008, 06:19 AM
  3. Shot direction
    By Loopy in forum Techniques / Training
    Replies: 4
    : 04-24-2007, 01:46 PM
  4. direction of turning after hitting a backhand?
    By llpjlau in forum Techniques / Training
    Replies: 12
    : 04-21-2007, 05:57 PM
  5. Wind direction problem in the stadium
    By weeyet in forum World Championships 2006
    Replies: 21
    : 09-20-2006, 06:49 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •