User Tag List

Page 3 of 123 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 53 103 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    Let us be honest: BAM was set up for the Badminton activities in Malaysia (for their national players within their structure).

BAM is only concerned about their objectives/goals.

Now that some MAS players are wishing to play Badminton independently, BAM is not interested in them.
    I would think, it is the duty and responsibility of a national association that "represents the national interest" to ensure the country gets its best representation at all times. This means reaching out to independent players as well. This means reaching into all the villages and towns and unearthing the best talent. This means establishing and managing and monitoring the best network of local coaches, trainers, administrators, talent scouts, promoters and facilitators with the objective of encouraging, supporting and nurturing the best talent in the country.

Besides, National players are not born overnight. They are created. For every "National player" there are probably dozens, possibly hundreds who sweated blood, gave up further education, but never made it. It is the duty and responsibility of a national association to ensure that the one "national player" they have selected justifies all the blood that the others sweated, by delivering on performance.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow Professional Players going Professional

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    I would think, it is the duty and responsibility of a national association that "represents the national interest" to ensure the country gets its best representation at all times. This means reaching out to independent players as well. This means reaching into all the villages and towns and unearthing the best talent. This means establishing and managing and monitoring the best network of local coaches, trainers, administrators, talent scouts, promoters and facilitators with the objective of encouraging, supporting and nurturing the best talent in the country.

Besides, National players are not born overnight. They are created. For every "National player" there are probably dozens, possibly hundreds who sweated blood, gave up further education, but never made it. It is the duty and responsibility of a national association to ensure that the one "national player" they have selected justifies all the blood that the others sweated, by delivering on performance.
    Don't get me wrong. Most National Badminton Associations are still doing like what you have said; "establishing and managing and monitoring the best network of local coaches, trainers, administrators, talent scouts, promoters and facilitators with the objective of encouraging, supporting and nurturing the best talent in the country".

It is Professional Badminton Players going independently who have asked; "Why is Badminton so different from other sports when we wish to play independently?"

So sad that many National Associations are having so much control over their players.

I started a thread; http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...g-Professional

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

are bam doing those thing u all mentioned?
    they are killing badminton if not murdering
    lol

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Most national associations have the same objectives, more or less. The question to be asked is: do they achieve these stated objectives, and do they do this consistently? That is the mark of a successful association.

How do you measure the achievement of the objectives? Simple. By the results and the legacy. And in this case, what would the results and legacy be, according to you?

I do agree that professional players going independent should not be given unfair treatment. The best way is obviously for either BWF to register them directly, or have something like an international players association. My point in this regard was simply that the BAM attitude to the independents is probably counter-productive and nails the lie of "national interest."

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    lol
    So, what is the selection process for juniors etc etc in the national squad? Can anyone here lead us through the process that BAM follows to select talent?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think the problem of how they handle talent is way bigger than how the select talent
    anyway
    i give up on bam already
    so i wont waste my time here
    sorry
    maybe there is someone who can answer
    just let those ctc member or rashid keep fooling around
    i can foresee hendrawan,rexy leaving

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol
    i think the problem of how they handle talent is way bigger than how the select talent
    anyway
    i give up on bam already
    sorry
    Killing and then Murdering....ooohhh, that is pretty big time crime lah...also, with the salary you posted previously, where are Hendy and Rexy gonna go??? With those salaries, that is pretty good living in MAS lah

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow BAM is set up for Malaysian Badminton players

anyway
    i give up on bam already
    sorry

Whether we, Badminton fans, are giving up on BAM, I am sure BAM would not care, since BAM is set up as an association for Malaysian players, and not as an association for Malaysian Badminton fans.

But when we hear that some players are giving up on BAM, there must be something wrong. Is it that they think that BAM is not good enough for them?

As for the many MAS players not wishing to be part of the BAM set-up, I think it's a good thing for our Badminton. But if BAM is biased against these independent players, then I would say that BAM is not functioning as an association for Badminton players in Malaysia, but they wanting their brand of 'BAM Badminton' (which to me, they are saying 'Badminton players' interest' is not as important as their 'Badminton association interest').

Yes, perhaps independent players in Malaysia should form 'an association for MAS professional players' and leave BAM alone.
    Last edited by chris-ccc; 05-30-2011 at 11:06 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up ZZ said: The experience I gained helps make me a better player

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    As for the many MAS players not wishing to be part of the BAM set-up, I think it's a good thing for our Badminton. But if BAM is biased against these independent players, then I would say that BAM is not functioning as an association for Badminton players in Malaysia......
    I just read an article about what Zulfadli Zulkifli has said;

“For now, I am satisfied with my training programme with KLRC (a professional badminton outfit) and there is no immediate plan to join the national set-up,” he said.

“My current goals are to play for Malaysia in the Asian Juniors (in July) and the World Juniors (in October). It doesn’t matter whether I am with the BAM or not because at the end of the day, I still have to give my best for the country.

“A reason for having the edge over the BJSS players is my participation in more international tournaments than them. The experience I gained helps make me a better player.”

However, Zulfadli said that he would not totally rule out joining the BAM.

Source: http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.a...afb0964544a8,0

Just hope that BAM would not do to ZZ like they have done to Gan Teik Chai-Tan Bin Shen (for the 2011 World Championships in London)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought he was already beating players

a few years older than him when he was 14 yrs old

So is it playing more tournaments helping him

This guy doesn't know he got talent ?
    Last edited by pBmMalaysia; 05-30-2011 at 12:10 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile This guy doesn't know he got talent ?

Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post
    I thought he was already beating players

a few years older than him when he was 14 yrs old

So is it playing more tournaments helping him

This guy doesn't know he got talent ?
    Hahaha...... Zulfadli is actually quite polite when he replied;

“For now, I am satisfied with my training programme with KLRC (a professional badminton outfit) and there is no immediate plan to join the national set-up.”

While KL coach A. Sankar said Zulfadli should join the national set-up because it will only serve to make him a better player: “Zulfadli is an incredibly talented player and only through a good training programme such as the BAM’s can he go far and fulfil his potential.”

And, while the BAM general manager, Kenny Goh, said: “The door is always open for him to join us because such a move will only be in the best interest for a player of his talent.”
    Last edited by chris-ccc; 05-30-2011 at 04:45 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2011/5/31/sports/8790964&sec=sports

BAM to provide huge monetary boost to states to develop grassroots players

KUALA LUMPUR: China have again showed that they are in their own league by nailing the Sudirman Cup for the eighth time.

And Malaysia believe that a huge monetary boost of RM1.6mil into their development programme soon will help to bridge the gap in standard with China.

Yesterday, the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) secretary, Ng Chin Chai, announced of their big plans to restore their grassroots programme, which will see the states playing a bigger role in nurturing players.

It will not be too wrong to say that Malaysia are 10 years behind China. It will take years of effort, a strong base of talent and lots of money for us to catch up with them,” said Chin Chai.

But the good news is that grand plans are in the pipeline for us to strengthen our state programmes. This will ensure us to have steady flow of talent coming through to the national set-up.

The National Sports Council (NSC) currently give us RM1mil for the state programmes. Now, the BAM will top it up with another RM1.6mil.

“A state will now get about RM200,000 instead of RM30,000 annually from us. The monetary boost will help them regulate their programmes for the players aged between 10 and 18-years-old. We will revive badminton competitions in schools.

The BAM’s development committee, as the central authoritative body, will coordinate all the state development programmes. We need good implementors and we are also investing on producing good coaches to complement the state programmes. We are serious in creating a wider base.”

The new multi-million ringgit programmes will be unveiled as soon as BAM officially signs a lucrative sponsorship deal.

On the performances of Malaysia in the just concluded world mixed team championships in Qingdao, Chin Chai, who is also the coaching and training committee chairman, said that the team did reasonably well.

Malaysia were eliminated by South Korea in the quarter-finals, losing the tie 2-3.

South Korea have reached the semi-finals in every edition of the Sudirman Cup. It is encouraging to see our team drag them down to the wire. It was a good experience for some of our first timers, among them Tee Jing Yi and Chan Peng Soon-Goh Liu Ying,” he said.

Chin Chai agreed that if the Sudirman Cup was used as a yardstick, the China players will be the main title contenders in all the events at the next major championships – the world meet in London from Aug 8-14.

In the men’s singles, Lin Dan will still be the favourite to win a fourth world title. At the moment, Malaysia’s world No. 1 Lee Chong Wei is seen as the only player who is able to turn the tables on Lin Dan.

China, however, are the overwhelming favourites to win the women’s singles, women’s doubles and mixed doubles titles.

And if veterans Cai Yun-Fu Haifeng can stay on top of their game, a fourth world title is a possibility for them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a step in the right direction? or is it like the malay saying..'dah terhantuk baru nak terngadah' .... (knock head only now want to cry)

or maybe they finally saw the wisdom in zulfadli's statement

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2011/5/31/sports/8790964&sec=sports

KUALA LUMPUR: China have again showed that they are in their own league by nailing the Sudirman Cup for the eighth time.

And Malaysia believe that a huge monetary boost of RM1.6mil into their development programme soon will help to bridge the gap in standard with China.

Yesterday, the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) secretary, Ng Chin Chai, announced of their big plans to restore their grassroots programme, which will see the states playing a bigger role in nurturing players.

It will not be too wrong to say that Malaysia are 10 years behind China. It will take years of effort, a strong base of talent and lots of money for us to catch up with them,” said Chin Chai.

But the good news is that grand plans are in the pipeline for us to strengthen our state programmes. This will ensure us to have steady flow of talent coming through to the national set-up.

The National Sports Council (NSC) currently give us RM1mil for the state programmes. Now, the BAM will top it up with another RM1.6mil.

“A state will now get about RM200,000 instead of RM30,000 annually from us. The monetary boost will help them regulate their programmes for the players aged between 10 and 18-years-old. We will revive badminton competitions in schools.

The BAM’s development committee, as the central authoritative body, will coordinate all the state development programmes. We need good implementors and we are also investing on producing good coaches to complement the state programmes. We are serious in creating a wider base.”

The new multi-million ringgit programmes will be unveiled as soon as BAM officially signs a lucrative sponsorship deal.

On the performances of Malaysia in the just concluded world mixed team championships in Qingdao, Chin Chai, who is also the coaching and training committee chairman, said that the team did reasonably well.

Malaysia were eliminated by South Korea in the quarter-finals, losing the tie 2-3.

South Korea have reached the semi-finals in every edition of the Sudirman Cup. It is encouraging to see our team drag them down to the wire. It was a good experience for some of our first timers, among them Tee Jing Yi and Chan Peng Soon-Goh Liu Ying,” he said.

Chin Chai agreed that if the Sudirman Cup was used as a yardstick, the China players will be the main title contenders in all the events at the next major championships – the world meet in London from Aug 8-14.

In the men’s singles, Lin Dan will still be the favourite to win a fourth world title. At the moment, Malaysia’s world No. 1 Lee Chong Wei is seen as the only player who is able to turn the tables on Lin Dan.

China, however, are the overwhelming favourites to win the women’s singles, women’s doubles and mixed doubles titles.

And if veterans Cai Yun-Fu Haifeng can stay on top of their game, a fourth world title is a possibility for them.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Chong Wei, Koo and Tan excused from SEA Games

The Star Online
    Tuesday May 31, 2011

KUALA LUMPUR: Lee Chong Wei’s wish to stay out of the Indonesia SEA Games has been granted.

In fact, the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) have also decided not to send their top men’s pair, Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong, for the biennial Games scheduled for Nov 11-25.

Yesterday, BAM secretary Ng Chin Chai echoed Chong Wei’s sentiments on giving the younger players a shot at proving themselves in the regional Games.

“The BAM have made plans to expose a newer group of players for the Games. We will name the squad at least three months before the Games,” he said.

“All the players under the Road to London programme – Chong Wei, Koo and Tan – will focus on their preparation for the Olympics.”

Full story: http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.a...965&sec=sports

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post

Have gun, will travel

Have money, hopefully no trouble

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so they save the website manage fee to pay those fee?lol

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

BAM website is finally up! Hooray!

I was immediately drawn once again to the "Vision Mission and Goals" page:
    http://www.bam.org.my/index.php?opti...d=96&Itemid=54

Page 3 of 123 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 53 103 ... LastLast