User Tag List

Page 30 of 122 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 80 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    Yes, dna is everything. There is even a recent article that says one country has the cleverest people in the world, based on a Western scoring system used to test many countries. Although it didn't so as much, it is obvious the reason was due to dna.
    Yes, the likes of China or Korea do not have the dna of Usain Bolt or the type of sports he is good at. But sports or games like badminton, which is often referred to as Physical Chess Game, dna is everything.
    On another note, I was a great admirer of Rudy Hartono when young, based on the standards set then. But just look at the videos of some of his games now you can see clearly how poorly he compares with today's players. There is a huge gap in quality, and the gap will get bigger.
    i havent come across a single article in my entire life that says dns is everything in a sport. never in my entire life,. so if u can find me that article, please do so, i would like to see which professor wrote it.

rudy hartono style of play? cmon, u gotta be kidding. let me tell you one thing that differs from then and now. the greatest thing that differs is, racket. and this is a racket sport.

i am not sure if you have problems with your eyes. you seems to be so selective on what you read that you can comfortably read whatever u think u like, select the words you reading, and reply with whatever that comes out of your mind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ohya if DNA if EVERYTHING, players houldnt train, Coaches shouldnt be hired. they shouldnt be a national selection, people just get a DNA test and we done with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ibelieveindevil View Post
    ohya if DNA if EVERYTHING, players houldnt train, Coaches shouldnt be hired. they shouldnt be a national selection, people just get a DNA test and we done with it.
    As a matter of fact, DNA has been used long long time ago

to determine the future of babies in china.

Those fast twitched muscle group are taken care by the Chinese government,

their expenses from food to schooling are paid.

As they grow up, they are monitored for the specific sports most likely they can excel

and send for training.

One of them is gymnastic, a big income for china.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's something interesting maybe BAM should seriously consider to improve their system. http://edition.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/as...ldren.ability/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post

As they grow up, they are monitored for the specific sports most likely they can excel

and send for training.

just in case u get it wrong, those arent related to DNa. thats more to scientic training

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ibelieveindevil View Post
    just in case u get it wrong, those arent related to DNa. thats more to scientic training
    I am not sure about that but it was reported in Chinese magazine over 20 years ago as DNA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not sure about that but it was reported in Chinese magazine over 20 years ago as DNA.
    well, i dont blame others for that. reporters usually arent that well verse in science, since they profession require no qualification from any scientific papers....

Well, scientific training approach is well, used since 1000 years ago, except that the modern approach is much more refine than the past. example is to send taller kids for basketball training. well by no chance they will be any garanteed succeess, but it is higher than putting shorter kids to a basketball team. modern approach will be much more complex, like in gym, checking the balancing of kids vis training and work out, selection and development, control diet, specific training, using scietific methods, check ups and such to determine growth at a young age. couple this with strict environment, trainings and coaching, can help kids to be successful. however success can never be certain. for example, 100 go through the training 80 are deem unsuccessful, 16 is deem good, and 4 of them are called lin dan, chen long and caiyun/fuhaifeng.

well since china got a lot of people, they can produce enough good players and several excelent players. this method is successful in the sense that their so called unsuccessful players do still have certain level of standard for their hardwork.

DNA is something, well even further. something built in to us, even before we are born, as it is develop at the formation of a zygote. huge portion of it is inheritance. so the previous guy who mentioned that DNA determine success, means that LD is champion by nature. he is born as a champion and he will be championnot because of hardwork and training, but rather born with it.

hard to believe huh?
    tell you its impossible because scientist havent even finish cracking the genetic code.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People running BAM are filled by semi professionals, they run the organization like a business and forgot that it is also a sports association. We need passionate and committed people like Tan Sri Elyas Omar to guide BAM. As i see it, BAM is very similar in PBSI, badly run and in dire need of injection of fresh blood of individuals to run the association. Only then can we see an improvement.

Thailand is stepping in the right direction with their up and coming individuals in WS. Phillipines is also stepping up and do not be surprise to see Phillipines challenging for honours in the not too distant future.

What we have currently in the national coaching set up is just not good enough. The players are too set in their play and becoming very predictable.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabit View Post
    People running BAM are filled by semi professionals, they run the organization like a business and forgot that it is also a sports association. We need passionate and committed people like Tan Sri Elyas Omar to guide BAM. As i see it, BAM is very similar in PBSI, badly run and in dire need of injection of fresh blood of individuals to run the association. Only then can we see an improvement.

Thailand is stepping in the right direction with their up and coming individuals in WS. Phillipines is also stepping up and do not be surprise to see Phillipines challenging for honours in the not too distant future.

What we have currently in the national coaching set up is just not good enough. The players are too set in their play and becoming very predictable.
    disagree on the 1st sentence
    they are all profesional in their own business,lawyer or businessman
    but they know 0% of badminton

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

talk is cheap. No matter what, politician and their cronies win. All you have is just a bunch of frustrated wannabe fans.lets move on. Battle iost for the. Next 10 years.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabit View Post

So another chap with an even bigger title of Tan Sri to run BAM, great idea. Next up, it gonna be Tun. As for those stooges currently running BAM like a business, at least you are darn correct in that one cos these chaps are doing great business of filling their pockets and their high performance buddies while MAS baddy is in the worst shape I can have seen despite all those sponsors' loot pouring in and keep pouring in. MAS Boleh.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now, now, pls calm down. Despite the changing of the guards, both Malaysia and Indonesia are actually doing quite well, in fact much better than their dna is capable of placing them in their current rankings.
    The real test is to slow down the downward spiral. There is no hope of going back to those glory days when boys and girls were the competition.

Dna is rubbish? Perhaps this will provide some food for thought http://www.charlesdarwinresearch.org...n_Behavior.pdf.
    Here is another from the BBC, www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-17585201.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

and send for training.

there were reports that one famous diving champion in China was chosen because a DNA test when she was young shows that she will be flat chested when she grows up. an advantage for controlling those water splash when entering water.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

man.. We are entering a suprr niva zone. Just like airport checks.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

DNA does not acknowledge political boundaries. To claim that the requisite DNA for being a badminton champ is to be found only in the boundary of a space of land known to us as China is not just presumptive; it is downright idiotic. To claim that countries like MAS and INA who share much of their origins with people in neighbouring countries, just got lucky many years ago, is likewise, wishful thinking. I would like to say "stupid" but I actually respect taneepak's intelligence a lot. I just wish he'd put away some of his prejudices that have shown up in other threads as well, because his insights and knowledge are often very revealing and useful.

There is no single reason for the decline of badminton in INA and MAS; rather, it's a toxic combination of cultural change, the invasion of entertainment technology, a subtle shift in values, and the pressures of competition in daily life. These countries are dealing with economic and political changes as well, without the benefit of continuity that a political system like the one in China guarantees. The opportunities for interference, corruption, crony-ism, mis-management etc etc increase manifold when a developing country tries to fast-track any kind of growth. Sports associations are just one of hundreds of organisations that get affected.

To study the cumulative effect that all this and much more has on the badminton output of MAS and INA would take a full volume. But to claim that it all boils down to a superior strain of DNA that is the sole preserve of one country, opens up for me, a distinctively distasteful smell of supremacist-talk.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The semi professionals quote was meant to be a sarcastic joke . We need individuals that are running the BA with no hidden motives (ok maybe not possible in Malaysia) and professional in their approach. Having day jobs as businessman, lawyer cannot guarantee full attention. As a comparison, look at Japan and Korea, it is properly run.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am afraid to say that both Malaysians and Indonesians still do not get the message. The changing of the guards is permanent. Stop dreaming of being number 1 again. It will not happen. Instead why not aim to be number 5 or number 6, which is within reach, provided there is commitment. To aim higher and then fall flat can be disastrous, from which both countries can ever recover.
    You don't believe me? Then what better than to take the advice of the top so-called former badminton greats of both countries and give them the mandate to manage the affairs of both countries? There are a lot of smart alecs of former greats that have all of a sudden found the real problem for the countries' failure, and are proposing a change. So, what better than to hand over running of the national badminton organizations to them? Then we shall see!
    I will bet with anyone most of them will start to desert one after another after a few false starts. Then the blame game starts all over again. A new breed of smart alecs with new solutions will then take over again and this is how it will go on.

Page 30 of 122 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 80 ... LastLast