User Tag List

Page 31 of 125 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 81 ... LastLast
Results 511 to 527 of 2117
  1. #511
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ipoh
    Posts
    1,169
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Recap 2 - Defining BAM short and concisely

    These are excerpts from the media in which I find have the same context as a picture paints a thousand words, or in this case - a sentence paints a picture - that define BAM clearly without the need to do a thesis.

    And what astounds me even greater till no end is this - if even sports journalists can describe profoundly what is wrong with BAM, why is Nadzmi still clueless and looking for answers after 12
    (wisdomic? I think not)years? Doesn't that say he is not worthy of the job? After so long, still clueless?

    And he had the 'cheek' to say this - "
    Is it going to guarantee success in the future by just going for the head of one person if Malaysia fails to win gold in London?" Sorry so say this, but someone please give him a good penalty kick.
    But rather, it seems to me that because the media has shifted the focus and pointing the gun to 'Nadzmi and the gang' that they are feeling the sweat dripping down from their foreheads. It's due to no other reason than their worries about the security of their paychecks! When everything was rosy and masked by LCW's long-reigning world no. 1 status, they were happy to remain contented. Why rock the boat when you can plunder away the nation's resources?

    BAM must think like an oil company. Oil is the answer. But first, you have to hunt and search for it. Likewise is talent.

    After all, what is so hard about running the place IF talent is in abundance (rarely) since BAM already possess the $$$ to buy whoever by the likes of Yang Yang, Li Mao, Morten Frost, Fang Kai Xiang? You name it, you have it.

    The Star, Tue May 29, 2012

    1. Too many cooks spoiling the broth (in fighting)
    2. Running around like a headless chicken (BAM)

    NST, 26 May 2012

    3. BAM place all eggs in one basket (LCW)
    4. Get rid of 4 member high performance team (Good riddance!)
    5.
    Chief coach will only work if he is given a free hand to implement his plans. (no more meddling and interfering)
    Last edited by Pakito; 05-29-2012 at 05:14 AM.

  2. #512
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pakito View Post
    These are excerpts from the media in which I find have the same context as a picture paints a thousand words, or in this case - a sentence paints a picture - that define BAM clearly without the need to do a thesis.

    And what astounds me even greater till no end is this - if even sports journalists can describe profoundly what is wrong with BAM, why is Nadzmi still clueless and looking for answers after 12
    (wisdomic? I think not)years? Doesn't that say he is not worthy of the job? After so long, still clueless?

    And he had the 'cheek' to say this - "
    Is it going to guarantee success in the future by just going for the head of one person if Malaysia fails to win gold in London?" Sorry so say this, but someone please give him a good penalty kick.
    But rather, it seems to me that because the media has shifted the focus and pointing the gun to 'Nadzmi and the gang' that they are feeling the sweat dripping down from their foreheads. It's due to no other reason than their worries about the security of their paychecks! When everything was rosy and masked by LCW's long-reigning world no. 1 status, they were happy to remain contented. Why rock the boat when you can plunder away the nation's resources?

    BAM must think like an oil company. Oil is the answer. But first, you have to hunt and search for it. Likewise is talent.

    After all, what is so hard about running the place IF talent is in abundance (rarely) since BAM already possess the $$$ to buy whoever by the likes of Yang Yang, Li Mao, Morten Frost, Fang Kai Xiang? You name it, you have it.

    The Star, Tue May 29, 2012

    1. Too many cooks spoiling the broth (in fighting)
    2. Running around like a headless chicken (BAM)

    NST, 26 May 2012

    3. BAM place all eggs in one basket (LCW)
    4. Get rid of 4 member high performance team (Good riddance!)
    5.
    Chief coach will only work if he is given a free hand to implement his plans. (no more meddling and interfering)
    seriously,name anyone who u think that they(bam) are do the job for badminton in malaysia?
    all the remain coaches and manager in bam(except the ws coach and hendrawan) are playing politic instead of coaching badminton.

  3. #513
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    6,527
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pakito View Post
    These are excerpts from the media in which I find have the same context as a picture paints a thousand words, or in this case - a sentence paints a picture - that define BAM clearly without the need to do a thesis.

    And what astounds me even greater till no end is this - if even sports journalists can describe profoundly what is wrong with BAM, why is Nadzmi still clueless and looking for answers after 12
    (wisdomic? I think not)years? Doesn't that say he is not worthy of the job? After so long, still clueless?

    And he had the 'cheek' to say this - "
    Is it going to guarantee success in the future by just going for the head of one person if Malaysia fails to win gold in London?" Sorry so say this, but someone please give him a good penalty kick.
    But rather, it seems to me that because the media has shifted the focus and pointing the gun to 'Nadzmi and the gang' that they are feeling the sweat dripping down from their foreheads. It's due to no other reason than their worries about the security of their paychecks! When everything was rosy and masked by LCW's long-reigning world no. 1 status, they were happy to remain contented. Why rock the boat when you can plunder away the nation's resources?

    BAM must think like an oil company. Oil is the answer. But first, you have to hunt and search for it. Likewise is talent.

    After all, what is so hard about running the place IF talent is in abundance (rarely) since BAM already possess the $$$ to buy whoever by the likes of Yang Yang, Li Mao, Morten Frost, Fang Kai Xiang? You name it, you have it.

    The Star, Tue May 29, 2012

    1. Too many cooks spoiling the broth (in fighting)
    2. Running around like a headless chicken (BAM)

    NST, 26 May 2012

    3. BAM place all eggs in one basket (LCW)
    4. Get rid of 4 member high performance team (Good riddance!)
    5.
    Chief coach will only work if he is given a free hand to implement his plans. (no more meddling and interfering)
    Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    seriously,name anyone who u think that they(bam) are do the job for badminton in malaysia?
    all the remain coaches and manager in bam(except the ws coach and hendrawan) are playing politic instead of coaching badminton.

    Well, I would like readers to ponder the above deeply. Here is where the problem lies, where the name of the game is to blame others. This is precisely the reason why there is no hope.
    When you get rubbish material (here is a bit of reference to LKY's own thinking), you produce rubbish end product. We see a lot of rubbish being written here. And herein lies the problem.

  4. #514
    Regular Member extremenanopowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    SG. Go for NCAP-L2 certified coach.
    Posts
    11,849
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Garbage in, Garbage out the call it in IT bro.

    Please proof it before you point the finger. You may point to yourself like a fool.

  5. #515
    Regular Member pBmMalaysia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kuching, Malaysia, Malaysia
    Posts
    4,745
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    Well, I would like readers to ponder the above deeply. Here is where the problem lies, where the name of the game is to blame others. This is precisely the reason why there is no hope.When you get rubbish material (here is a bit of reference to LKY's own thinking), you produce rubbish end product. We see a lot of rubbish being written here. And herein lies the problem.
    So you are blaming on the players themselves for not having the right type of material to begin with, what about the system?
    Last edited by pBmMalaysia; 05-29-2012 at 06:49 AM.

  6. #516
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    Well, I would like readers to ponder the above deeply. Here is where the problem lies, where the name of the game is to blame others. This is precisely the reason why there is no hope.
    When you get rubbish material (here is a bit of reference to LKY's own thinking), you produce rubbish end product. We see a lot of rubbish being written here. And herein lies the problem.
    how clear can u see from faraway?
    do u ever saw any of the junior playing?
    and what they become in senior stage?

    what u claim is like a secondary school headmaster who cant improve his student result and claim the student is stupid and dislike learning but in fact all the student passing with flying colours in their primary school.

    i believe all manager in bam have the exactly same mental set with u,and they can stay on their post forever regardless how worse malaysia badminton have falling behind.

    try to learn about Pygmalion effect 1st
    then u know why u will surely fail in any management post with ur mental set.

  7. #517
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    forget to say
    if u were liverpool,man utd or arsenal owner
    u might just sell all the player and buy more manager

  8. #518
    Regular Member extremenanopowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    SG. Go for NCAP-L2 certified coach.
    Posts
    11,849
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Both are messed up. Maradona works harder just like lcw. The rest carry balls.

  9. #519
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    289
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i believe taneepak just choose to ignore my post about DNA when he cant explain anything about it

  10. #520
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    from psychological point of view
    genetical and environmental just like a coin,u can choose to see from either side.
    but some extreme do ignore another side.

  11. #521
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    icy cold place
    Posts
    3,778
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabit View Post
    The semi professionals quote was meant to be a sarcastic joke . We need individuals that are running the BA with no hidden motives (ok maybe not possible in Malaysia) and professional in their approach. Having day jobs as businessman, lawyer cannot guarantee full attention. As a comparison, look at Japan and Korea, it is properly run.
    I read your post and my reply is not intended nor directed at you but rather, as an ex-malaysian, I am disgusted seeing the resources/funding being mismanaged and the stooges running this BAM show are still there, like tidak apa attitude, business as usual. As for individuals with no hidden agenda, we can agree that it is not at all possible in Malaysia, never has been and never will be, just the way it has always been...bet my buck 49 sens on this

  12. #522
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    icy cold place
    Posts
    3,778
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    I am afraid to say that both Malaysians and Indonesians still do not get the message. The changing of the guards is permanent. Stop dreaming of being number 1 again. It will not happen. Instead why not aim to be number 5 or number 6, which is within reach, provided there is commitment. To aim higher and then fall flat can be disastrous, from which both countries can ever recover.
    You don't believe me? Then what better than to take the advice of the top so-called former badminton greats of both countries and give them the mandate to manage the affairs of both countries? There are a lot of smart alecs of former greats that have all of a sudden found the real problem for the countries' failure, and are proposing a change. So, what better than to hand over running of the national badminton organizations to them? Then we shall see!
    I will bet with anyone most of them will start to desert one after another after a few false starts. Then the blame game starts all over again. A new breed of smart alecs with new solutions will then take over again and this is how it will go on.
    ...........................

  13. #523
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,847
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Lightbulb The chosen one must be prepared to face the consequences

    .
    So... Have any BCers read this article from thestar?

    http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.a...WYj3E.facebook

    Tuesday May 29, 2012

    WUHAN: The personalities of Chinaís supremo Li Yongbo and Japanís head coach Park Joo-bong are poles apart. One has an air of arrogance while the other is all humility.

    But doubles legends Yongbo and Joo-bong, who were arch enemies in the 80s while playing for China and South Korea respectively, have one common trait Ė a strong leadership quality which inspires success. That is something which Malaysian badminton clearly lacks.

    At the Thomas-Uber Cup Finals, China won the menís and womenís titles while Japan reached the semi-finals in both categories.

    Yongbo, who will turn 50 in September, has led Chinaís team to numerous successes and they continue to be a dominant force in world badminton.

    He must be doing something right for he is able to hold the huge team of players together and ensure that there is success at every level Ė menís and womenís singles and all three doubles events.

    When asked about the recipe for his success, Yong-bo replied curtly: ďIf I gave it away, then the world would be the same and that wonít be too nice for us.

    ďWe canít go on doing the same thing because the results would be the same. One must always be receptive to change.Ē

    China have certainly evolved over the years but their results have always been consistently outstanding. The Badminton World Federation (BWF) have changed the scoring format three times since China made their presence felt in 1977 but they have adapted quicker than anyone else.

    Their doubles experienced a slump after the domination of Yongbo-Tian Bingyi but now, they have four-time world champions in Cai Yun-Fu Haifeng and a few young pairs oozing with potential.

    The 46-year-old Joo-bongís work in Japan over the last seven-and-half years is finally bearing fruit. Over the last two years, Japan have shown depth in both their menís and womenís team.

    ďAll of them are club players. They only participate in centralised training prior to a major event. It isnít easy to keep the team together when they are scattered all over. Communication is the key and Iím blessed because I have committed players,Ē he said.

    While Japan and China have outstanding supremos to plan, strategise and build the team, Malaysia are clearly lacking in that area.

    Gone are the days when someone dynamic like Tan Sri Elyas Omar or Datuk Punch Gunalan took the lead to ensure that the system delivered world class players .

    Now, Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) have resorted to multiple heads to handle the national team but the results, except for world No. 1 Lee Chong Wei, have been getting from bad to worse. It is a clear case of too many cooks spoiling the broth.

    BAM had a series of interviews to find a suitable candidate for the supremo job but decided that none were good enough.

    There can never be a perfect candidate based on paper qualification. All they need is someone with the knowledge and experience of the game who brooks no nonsense. Someone who is willing to take up the challenge and deliver results.

    There are a few with such credentials like Cheah Soon Kit, Razif Sidek, Kwan Yoke Meng and, maybe, Tan Kim Her.

    They may even consider re-hiring Misbun Sidek to take charge at the Bukit Jalil Sports School (BJSS). After all, the man has the passion for the game and the desire to nurture youngsters.

    There could be others too but the chosen one must be prepared to face the consequences if he or she fails to deliver over a specified term. But, above all, they must be given a free hand and total control.

    BAM have been running around like a headless chicken ever since they terminated Yap Kim Hock as the chief coach after the 2008 Olympics. Four years have gone by and they must know by now that something is seriously wrong.

    Wuhan clearly showed that.

    .

  14. #524
    Moderator cobalt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arrakis
    Posts
    8,905
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    I am afraid to say that both Malaysians and Indonesians still do not get the message. The changing of the guards is permanent. Stop dreaming of being number 1 again. It will not happen. Instead why not aim to be number 5 or number 6, which is within reach, provided there is commitment. To aim higher and then fall flat can be disastrous, from which both countries can ever recover.
    You don't believe me? Then what better than to take the advice of the top so-called former badminton greats of both countries and give them the mandate to manage the affairs of both countries? There are a lot of smart alecs of former greats that have all of a sudden found the real problem for the countries' failure, and are proposing a change. So, what better than to hand over running of the national badminton organizations to them? Then we shall see!
    I will bet with anyone most of them will start to desert one after another after a few false starts. Then the blame game starts all over again. A new breed of smart alecs with new solutions will then take over again and this is how it will go on.
    You know, even if you had LYB and TXH both in charge of either BAM or PBSI the way things are in both those countries at present, they wouldn't do much better than what things are now.

    Change for change's sake is never an answer. As long as the political and national will is lacking in terms of its strength and amplitude, nothing will be achieved. Too much fragmented energy. I agree with much of what you have said, expect that these countries should be satisfied with settling in at #5 or 6, which is frankly, an obviously sardonic tone.

    So what's the answer? This is all cyclic. Remember the economic meltdown that the 5 dragons experienced in the 70's and 80's? Rejuvenation happens best when the older system is razed to its foundations. Maybe that's the answer, eh? But that only happens when the political and national collective consciousness come to the realisation that there is no other way out.

    Forget LYB and TXH. Even an old fox like MF wouldn't do much good right now. Only BAM and PBSI can help themsleves: by dissolving themselves. Order can only form from complete chaos.

  15. #525
    Regular Member extremenanopowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    SG. Go for NCAP-L2 certified coach.
    Posts
    11,849
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I missed those days when the started the project 1988-1992 where Fang Kai Xiang was in charge. He really whip up those guys. The togetherness spirit must be there.

  16. #526
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    6,527
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The Japanese, Koreans, and Chinese are not like herds of sheep to be led by one strong leader. If Li Yong Bo and Park are soley responsible for China's and Japan's success, then what happens when they pass away from the scene? Just look at China's Table Tennis story. They have had many changes of coaches, players, and officials, and also rules that were changed to enable other countries to have a fighting chance.
    It is the people who make it possible. With good raw material one can make first class products. Without, it is very difficult and impossible if you are aiming to be no. 1.
    Why all the anger in Malaysia and Indonesia over their recent Thomas Cup and Uber Cup performances?
    Such anger is unjustified if you look at it from a more pragmatic perspective. It is unjustified expectation of false successes that were not there that lead to such bitterness.

  17. #527
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    anger?
    i am the one who said malaysia will lost to japan in 2010 TC and to thailand in 2010 AG
    what a joke.

    and then i guess lee chong wei,taufik,ratchanok,sigit,tony gunawan,rexy-ricky and others great player must be inherited a great DNA from CHINA
    same goes to mister thomas and miss uber and mister sudirman.
    another joke.
    Last edited by limsy; 05-30-2012 at 01:59 AM.

Page 31 of 125 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 81 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Direction to the GYM from Seoul
    By mollaio in forum Asian Badminton Championship 2009
    Replies: 5
    : 03-28-2009, 04:53 PM
  2. Backhand Clear Direction
    By killest in forum Techniques / Training
    Replies: 32
    : 03-24-2008, 06:19 AM
  3. Shot direction
    By Loopy in forum Techniques / Training
    Replies: 4
    : 04-24-2007, 01:46 PM
  4. direction of turning after hitting a backhand?
    By llpjlau in forum Techniques / Training
    Replies: 12
    : 04-21-2007, 05:57 PM
  5. Wind direction problem in the stadium
    By weeyet in forum World Championships 2006
    Replies: 21
    : 09-20-2006, 06:49 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •