User Tag List

Page 33 of 122 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 83 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh,liu xiang is black?
    that was quite a stunning news to the world
    and those weightlifting OG champion from china must be also imported?hmm
    Last edited by limsy; 05-31-2012 at 01:02 AM.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It appears that taneepak is willing to make the concession that his DNA now covers the entire "East Asia" region but he is still jealously guarding it from admittance to the South-East-Asian countries!

I agree wiht you though, that broad-spectrum differences do exist in physiological/cultural make-up and consequently, the types of sports that different ethnic groups gravitate towards, and excel at. There are many variables that contribute to further refining the model, such as political systems, climate, geography, etc. I had made a similar point some time back on another thread:
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...00#post1519500

In fact, much of the discussion on that thread resonates with what is under discussion right now on this thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    Honestly to be fair, if the majority of baddy fans, including PG, concur LD is the best player (in terms of accomplishment) in the history of badminton or the best player CHN has produced, as great a job that CHN has done, it is not that simple or easy to find another one. LD is blessed with all the tools (mental, instinct, speed, power, defense, etc) needed to be what he is today, perhaps the best weapon LD has is his health (forget about those questionable WO), I could not even recall seeing LD wear a knee brace and that's one clue, he can seemingly take a hiatus (EAG) and train/speed up his game when big OLY comes, and maintain his position in world badminton winning 16 majors in 10 years or so. Prior to LD, I would say ZJH is the best player I had seen, but ZJH did not have the health or consistency like LD.
    Credit should be given to li yong bo also,

for he plays a very important part beside those coaches.

And yes, ZJH taught the world how to play badminton!

Seeing is believing!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Is BAM going to change for change's sake??

The latest badminton personality to add BAM to his distaste is none other than Tan Sri Elyas Omar, asking the president to step down and to dismantle the 4 member-High Performance Team. [31 May 2012 The Sun newspaper]

Cheah Soon Kit also took his swat and lambasted BAM.

Razif also took the same stand.

Of course Eddy Choong had grilled BAM gang long ago.

Misbun don't have to say anything. His action or rather his 'inaction', says everything.

But i guess what is on everyone's mind now is this - Will BAM ever see the light of day or does the nation need a total revamp inside out before we have the light at the end of the tunnel shining on our darken hopes.

At the moment, although it does make sense indeed for LCW to forget about the Olympics if he is not up to it rather than risk injury and humiliating defeat, at the end of the day, only LCW can make the decision himself. Only he himself know whether he is up to the task.

Furthermore, we all know it is so much pressure for him to carry Malaysia's hopes as well as his own to get the ever so elusive Olympic title. I think this decision will be very hard to make indeed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Back to banana BAM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You think Rosmah will shake them up? I think she gets lots of protons.. lol. Or LV bag to shut her up. lol

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by extremenanopowe View Post
    You think Rosmah will shake them up? I think she gets lots of protons.. lol. Or LV bag to shut her up. lol
    LOL, the thing is I never see her smile a bit handing the Malaysian Open title to LCW on the podium, not even once. So compose and cool like a mannequin.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by extremenanopowe View Post
    Dont think the BAM patron bother, she should be more worried abt a certain submarine case in France

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's the plastic surgery man. lol.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pakito View Post
    The latest badminton personality to add BAM to his distaste is none other than Tan Sri Elyas Omar, asking the president to step down and to dismantle the 4 member-High Performance Team. [31 May 2012 The Sun newspaper]

Cheah Soon Kit also took his swat and lambasted BAM.

Razif also took the same stand.

Of course Eddy Choong had grilled BAM gang long ago.

Misbun don't have to say anything. His action or rather his 'inaction', says everything.

But i guess what is on everyone's mind now is this - Will BAM ever see the light of day or does the nation need a total revamp inside out before we have the light at the end of the tunnel shining on our darken hopes.

At the moment, although it does make sense indeed for LCW to forget about the Olympics if he is not up to it rather than risk injury and humiliating defeat, at the end of the day, only LCW can make the decision himself. Only he himself know whether he is up to the task.

Furthermore, we all know it is so much pressure for him to carry Malaysia's hopes as well as his own to get the ever so elusive Olympic title. I think this decision will be very hard to make indeed.
    LCW injury is a setback on his OLY12 dreams but bet your 1 ringgit on this, it will be an easy decision for Dato to make and LCW will play OLY12....guaranteed, signed, sealed, delivered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

salary for coach and BAM management is high, but achievement is zero. they should quit. look at chen long and kenichi tago, they both are same level during they in world youth championchip. but chen long are developing so fast when he in china national team even lcw is 50-50 to beat him in tournament.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pakito View Post
    LOL, the thing is I never see her smile a bit handing the Malaysian Open title to LCW on the podium, not even once. So compose and cool like a mannequin.
    then u probably not in the stadium
    she get booed from the all the crowd
    and this tell u why she hardly smile

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    LCW injury is a setback on his OLY12 dreams but bet your 1 ringgit on this, it will be an easy decision for Dato to make and LCW will play OLY12....guaranteed, signed, sealed, delivered
    That's the thing that came to my mind about how LD handles pressure and expectation so well. Everyone knows he plays even better against LCW. Saves the best for last, killjoy or no killjoy. LD mentions that injury is the biggest enemy at this age. But what he doesn't realize is that he has Xie Xinfang to go home to and be smothered with love and praises. LCW goes back to his parents. Having said that, a wife can do more things than BAM and parents cannot do. If you know what I mean.

When you are young and full of hopes and determination, that is what sees you through the hurdles. When you are nearing the peak and retirement age, personal and emotional support plays a big part.

Of course you might say, Hafiz is married. Why doesn't he perform? Sorry guys. I don't know.
    Last edited by Pakito; 06-01-2012 at 01:28 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    then u probably not in the stadium
    she get booed from the all the crowd
    and this tell u why she hardly smile
    Yes I was at the Proton Malaysian Open final when they booed. I heard it. She would still be 'zombie' like with or without booing.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Don't depend too much on elite players, says Zolkples

Daily Express, Thursday, May 31, 2012

http://www.dailyexpress.com.my/news.cfm?NewsID=81674

Excerpts:

..."I had always stated that we should not be depending on elite players and to me the only elite player in the country is only Datuk Lee Chong Wei.

I had many times urged BAM to give youngsters Zulfadli Zulkifli, Misbun Ramdan Misbun and Muhd Syawal Mohd Ismail the necessary exposure and even send them to the Thomas Cup but BAM are the experts," he said.

..."Whether we like it or not, we must expose our young players, not only in the Thomas Cup but other international tournaments as well because we need a larger pool of players," he said.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

No drastic measures to be taken yet, says Nadzmi

Friday June 1, 2012
    http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.a...328&sec=sports

Excerpts:

...There was even talk that the BAM are planning a major revamp after the debacle.

Nadzmi, however, has downplayed the speculation about such drastic measures being taken.

He would rather explain it as just a monthly meeting between the coaching and training committee and the BAM management as well as a Thomas Cup post mortem.

...Nadzmi admitted there was talk about a revamp in the coaching system.

But with just two months to the Olympics, its more important to see what we can do for now.

In the long run, however, we will focus on grassroots development.

We also need to unearth more talents like Chong Wei.

We aim to develop more players into world beaters but to do that, we also need world class coaches.

Ive also issued a challenge to the current coaches to try and develop their players into world beaters.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Nadzmi: Onus on coaches to deliver

01 June 2012

http://www.nst.com.my/sports/badmint...eliver-1.89868

Excerpt:

BAM held an emergency coaches' meeting yesterday which was attended by Nadzmi, secretary Ng Chin Chai, development chairman David Wee and Thomas Cup team manager Datuk Sayed Abu Bakar Abdullah and high performance committee members Datuk James Selvaraj and Kol (Rtd) Wong Ah Jit where Malaysia's failure in Wuhan and the preparations for the Olympics were discussed.

"We need quality coaches who can turn our players from quality internationals into world beaters. In order to do that, our coaches must also train themselves to become better," said Nadzmi.

"We have to keep monitoring our competitors and regularly upgrade and we cannot prepare in isolation. The Thomas Cup has given us a fair picture of how the other teams have progressed and we have to ask ourselves whether we are training (our players) accordingly.

Page 33 of 122 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 83 ... LastLast