User Tag List

Page 35 of 125 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 85 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I just came upon this article from The Star, and it may be worth reproducing here.

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.a...922&sec=sports

Malaysia, unlike Japan and China, lack a quality supremo to lead team
    Tuesday May 29, 2012

Excerpts:

...When asked about the recipe for his success, Yong-bo replied curtly: ďIf I gave it away, then the world would be the same and that wonít be too nice for us.

ďWe canít go on doing the same thing because the results would be the same. One must always be receptive to change.Ē

...The 46-year-old Joo-bongís work in Japan over the last seven-and-half years is finally bearing fruit. Over the last two years, Japan have shown depth in both their menís and womenís team.

ďAll of them are club players. They only participate in centralised training prior to a major event. It isnít easy to keep the team together when they are scattered all over. Communication is the key and Iím blessed because I have committed players,Ē he said.

While Japan and China have outstanding supremos to plan, strategise and build the team, Malaysia are clearly lacking in that area.

Gone are the days when someone dynamic like Tan Sri Elyas Omar or Datuk Punch Gunalan took the lead to ensure that the system delivered world class players.

...BAM have been running around like a headless chicken ever since they terminated Yap Kim Hock as the chief coach after the 2008 Olympics. Four years have gone by and they must know by now that something is seriously wrong.

Wuhan clearly showed that.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All these blame games do more damage than sitting down to think, think, and think rationally about what happened, why it happened, and what could be done to improve, maintain or at least stop the slide in a more manageable manner looking ahead.
    Suggestions here are almost all blame games, which reflects an immature and emotional response. What we need is a head that can think.
    Here, may I suggest you revisit this again http://www.charlesdarwinresearch.org...n_Behavior.pdf. You will be surprised that this article will be rebutted, denied, and also agreed to by people. The really smart people believe in it but will have two very different versions when asked to give their opinions. In public they will say the article is rubbish but in private they say otherwise. Like smart people they know when to be politically correct.
    In a more open society like the US you can see why Asian Americans who comprise only 4% of the population, take up about 24% of the Ivy League universities enrollment. Now, if you filter this Asian Americans to just East Asians and Indochinese students, then the figures will be more telling and staggering.
    In fact some outstanding East Asian students are claiming and suing these colleges for discrimination. The US, even Ivy League colleges do have glass ceilings or "barriers" and do also practice affirmative action.
    If one were to look closer at courses that require more brains, like Sciences, Maths, and Engineering, the complete dominance of the East Asian should send an alarm bell to the US.
    A closer example is Singapore, which knows a good thing when it sees one. It genuinely tries to attract such brains. Examples are like smart Malaysian Chinese to provide a continuous stream, the 'Blue Collar" immigration Plan for Hong Kong some years back, and an attempt to lure almost all of Hong Kong's tycoons many years back prior to HK's handover to China. This may not be politically correct but it makes sense. Do you think your country would do this? This is how Malaysians and BAM should do-think rationally and don't look foolish blaming everybody.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    ďAll of them are club players. They only participate in centralised training prior to a major event. It isnít easy to keep the team together when they are scattered all over. Communication is the key and Iím blessed because I have committed players,Ē he said.

While Japan and China have outstanding supremos to plan, strategise and build the team, Malaysia are clearly lacking in that area.
    i must agree with lyb for this time.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    I just came upon this article from The Star, and it may be worth reproducing here.

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.a...922&sec=sports

Malaysia, unlike Japan and China, lack a quality supremo to lead team
    Tuesday May 29, 2012

Excerpts:

...When asked about the recipe for his success, Yong-bo replied curtly: “If I gave it away, then the world would be the same and that won’t be too nice for us.

“We can’t go on doing the same thing because the results would be the same. One must always be receptive to change.”

...The 46-year-old Joo-bong’s work in Japan over the last seven-and-half years is finally bearing fruit. Over the last two years, Japan have shown depth in both their men’s and women’s team.

“All of them are club players. They only participate in centralised training prior to a major event. It isn’t easy to keep the team together when they are scattered all over. Communication is the key and I’m blessed because I have committed players,” he said.

Gone are the days when someone dynamic like Tan Sri Elyas Omar or Datuk Punch Gunalan took the lead to ensure that the system delivered world class players.

...BAM have been running around like a headless chicken ever since they terminated Yap Kim Hock as the chief coach after the 2008 Olympics. Four years have gone by and they must know by now that something is seriously wrong.

Wuhan clearly showed that.
    BAM had many supremos including Marten Frost, Park Joo Bong, Yap Kim Hock. So they had tried this route before.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

all the name mention above dont have any power that equal to what lyb or park joo bong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    all the name mention above dont have any power that equal to what lyb or park joo bong.
    even we have pak joo bong and lyb, bam top management, comittee and crony is more powerful.
    Last edited by riffsuad; 06-04-2012 at 06:17 AM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by riffsuad View Post
    even we have pak joo bong and lyb, bam top management, comittee and crony is more powerful.
    yes
    and some people from hong kong thought he know the best way and conclusion
    lol

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by riffsuad View Post
    For us to evaluate the above, you will have to provide us with the specific roles, authorities, and responsibilities of Park Joo Bong and Li Yong Bo now versus those of Marten Frost, Park Joo Bong, and Yap Kim Hock when they were chief national coach or director for training and development of BAM.
    Do you think both LYB and PJB now can tell their current respective bosses to fly a kite? Of course not.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yawn
    why dont u proof to us that morten,park and yap have the same power liyongbo and park have now?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    All these blame games do more damage than sitting down to think, think, and think rationally about what happened, why it happened, and what could be done to improve, maintain or at least stop the slide in a more manageable manner looking ahead.Suggestions here are almost all blame games, which reflects an immature and emotional response. What we need is a head that can think. Here, may I suggest you revisit this again http://www.charlesdarwinresearch.org...n_Behavior.pdf. You will be surprised that this article will be rebutted, denied, and also agreed to by people. The really smart people believe in it but will have two very different versions when asked to give their opinions. In public they will say the article is rubbish but in private they say otherwise. Like smart people they know when to be politically correct.In a more open society like the US you can see why Asian Americans who comprise only 4% of the population, take up about 24% of the Ivy League universities enrollment. Now, if you filter this Asian Americans to just East Asians and Indochinese students, then the figures will be more telling and staggering.In fact some outstanding East Asian students are claiming and suing these colleges for discrimination. The US, even Ivy League colleges do have glass ceilings or "barriers" and do also practice affirmative action.If one were to look closer at courses that require more brains, like Sciences, Maths, and Engineering, the complete dominance of the East Asian should send an alarm bell to the US.A closer example is Singapore, which knows a good thing when it sees one. It genuinely tries to attract such brains. Examples are like smart Malaysian Chinese to provide a continuous stream, the 'Blue Collar" immigration Plan for Hong Kong some years back, and an attempt to lure almost all of Hong Kong's tycoons many years back prior to HK's handover to China. This may not be politically correct but it makes sense. Do you think your country would do this? This is how Malaysians and BAM should do-think rationally and don't look foolish blaming everybody.
    Taneepak, try sitting down and think rationally?

You sure send the right advise

to the wrong place

and to the wrong people.

We here don't run BAM

and very slim chance they are looking at this post.

But if they do, they would be rather pissed off

for you ask them to read Charles Darwin

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yawn
    why dont u proof to us that morten,park and yap have the same power liyongbo and park have now?
    Shouldn't it be your turn first in view of your unsupported claim that Frost, Yap and Park did not then have the power at BAM as Park and LYB now have in Japan and China?
    FYI, Park is today's head coach for Japan and these Japanese are still mainly part time players. Do you think this part time thing is Park's idea or it was that way all the time? Or maybe he tried but failed to convert them to full timers.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post
    Taneepak, try sitting down and think rationally?

You sure send the right advise

to the wrong place

and to the wrong people.

We here don't run BAM

and very slim chance they are looking at this post.

But if they do, they would be rather pissed off

for you ask them to read Charles Darwin
    No, on the contrary my comments are specifically for readers and contributors here.
    For now, I have no problems with BAM's reaction. You must let things, heated so much by bluster, to settle down and then take a cool and rational approach to analyse the cause or causes of such "so-called" failure. Failure must be measured as a deviation of actual being short of your capability. This must be distinguished from coming out short of your expectation. The former is a reality check, the latter a "fool's" day-dreaming.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    No, on the contrary my comments are specifically for readers and contributors here. For now, I have no problems with BAM's reaction. You must let things, heated so much by bluster, to settle down and then take a cool and rational approach to analyse the cause or causes of such "so-called" failure. Failure must be measured as a deviation of actual being short of your capability. This must be distinguished from coming out short of your expectation. The former is a reality check, the latter a "fool's" day-dreaming.
    Taneepak, you won't be surprise what kind of insider info

some of the bcer members have over here.

Thats why some are making those noise.

Of course there are those who are like empty vessel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i sense like bam people here...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is one area of contradiction Malaysia has to look into. At the juniors levels Malaysia has always been one of the top countries in the boys, both singles and in particular in doubles. So based on this very narrow base to work on the country looks very good at the grass root level.
    However, when it comes to the international senior level the country simply cannot make it.
    Now the leap from "boys" to "men" separates the boys who never grow up and the men who have nobody to depend except their own grit and personal character to make it.
    Perhaps this could be one area to take a look at. If not, channeling additional resources to the grass roots to achieve the same type of achievements the current crop of juniors are seeing will meet the same Waterloo at the senior level.
    This giant leap from boys to men is not as easy as we think. Here is where the Chinese, Koreans and Japanese excel.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up I read that many Malaysian BCers wish to have LYB as a coach for Malaysia

I read that many Malaysian BCers wish to have LYB as a coach for Malaysia. But, how long would he stay in Malaysia?

My guess - He wouldn't last long; perhaps just weeks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    .I read that many Malaysian BCers wish to have LYB as a coach for Malaysia. But, how long would he stay in Malaysia?My guess - He wouldn't last long; perhaps just weeks. .
    Don't think that's possible, the Chinese currency is just too strong if you know what I mean

Page 35 of 125 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 85 ... LastLast