User Tag List

Page 42 of 125 FirstFirst ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 92 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is sad to see so much vitriol here.
    If the posts are a microcosm of Malaysia then it will go nowhere. How can it be otherwise when you cannot see the forest for the trees, not once, not twice, but every time? Talk is cheap and being smart alec armchair critics says it all.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    If I were in charge of BAM (which thankfully for me and everyone else, will never happen! ) I would (among other things,).....

Appoint LCW as Director of HPC.

Set up a 5-year plan and programme with actions to achieve the following objectives:

Give the national grassroots development programme to Misbun Sidek, and charge him with it's develpoment, growth and penetration into every smallest village in Malaysia. The programme also requires setting up of the validation and talent testing/evaluation channels at every incremental level.

Create strategic partnerships with private clubs, regional badminton training centres, and all major universities and schools. Become the moderator and facilitator to involve resources of Government (by way of National Sports Traning Centre and Ministry of Sports etc) with private/public enterprise (large banks, utilities, corporations, public transport systems, city councils) with Universities and schools to establish specific facilities for badminton training and development on the campuses. Each Centre is to report to BAM via a Centre Administrator nominated by the tripartite committee; the administrator is responsible and accountable for the operations of the Centre. A single administrator may be in charge of more than one Centre.

Revive, promote and support traditional schools of excellence in badminton in rural areas. It is more possible to find good raw talent that can be moulded and channelled from small, rural settings, because these children (and their families) will value and respond more positively to opportunities presented.

Set up a Coaches development programmes under a panel comprising Morten Frost, ZJH and Xiao Jie (if they can make it,) Tian Bing Yi (ditto,) 2 senior coaches from BAM, 2 owners/partners/coaches of regional badminton centres, Susi Susanti, Wong Mew Choo and Gillian Clark. Most of the big names are not full-time but under a 2-5 year contract. Use video-conferencing and teleconferencing where necessary. Coordination must be the responsibility of a qualified administrator hired specifically for the purpose of heading the programme full-time.

Create a reciprocal exchange programme with Indonesia, Thailand, Japan, Denmark, Germany, India, Russia, England and Canada. (oh, ok, USA as well, or Kwun will blacklist me! ) This programme is only for junior, backup and under-development players.

Set up a Central contracts system that is conceptually developed on the lines of that done by the England Cricket Board.

Restructure the electoral system and restrict the term duration of office at regional and national levels.

Restructure the association articles in consultation with a respected professional consultancy group that has a track record in such work with other international and national sports associations. Introduce requirements of compulsory transparency and accountability in all departments and levels of operations.

Create a roibust and reliable intranet for direct and constant communication with all regional offices.

Hire a good and competent website developer and administrator!
    The panel lists you named above will costs truckload of cash...also, what gives to the current coaching staff of TKH, Pang, Encik Yawner, keep them or can them?...and you forgets the key ingredient i.e. the young talents/recruits, show them the incentives/dollars....i.e. no money no talk lah

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    If the posts are a microcosm of Malaysia then it will go nowhere. How can it be otherwise when you cannot see the forest for the trees, not once, not twice, but every time? Talk is cheap and being smart alec armchair critics says it all.
    You are correct, we muse and are cheapo armchair critics having fun in BC using pen names and going nowhere...on the serious side (minus the jokes), the one thing I have against BAM is how it was run and going nowhere despite all these sponsorship/funding (sure you can't say MAS badminton is under funded) given to BAM. These BAM chaps are not poorly paid (if Rexy made reportedly RM180K, I assume the bosses would make more). I bet you if all the salary/loot paid out to all these BAM staff, that would easily eclipse the payout to the players...bet you anything. At least Rexy delivered results but what have these clowns achieve. BTW, Ramdan and ZZ are not products of and not discovered by BAM. So if BAM is a private company, the shareholders will kick them out but here we are, the clowns echo to us to be happy not to worry, and the clowns stay put and milk the loot. You are for that?
    Nadzmi is the head of the food chain, he appointed his HP helpers and setup these 4 coaches/HP thingie, as they say, the bucks stop here, so why is he still runing the show....are you telling me, MAS has nobody better or simply put, is Datuk Nadzmi politically connected that he is untouchable?
    It seems to me you are supporting the status quo...you are so full of it
    Last edited by OneToughBirdie; 06-08-2012 at 11:13 AM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

let see what will uncle tan said if he was the president of bam:
    a)i am so sorry,this is a genetical problem
    b)i cant do anything because i dont have any excellent prospect
    c)please dont talk cheap,take my place and show me how it works

anyone to have a guess?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quoted from the president: "We had the best training facilities and gave the players enough exposure in tournaments but if the players don't have the drive to become successful like Chong Wei, what can the association do?"

Here, no matter what, by hook or by crook the association has to find out why and get it corrected.

If really can't get help from the professional then really bam has a bunch of training players not winning players.

And this goes down to the grass root program.

A long story here but many "thanks" to Malaysian sports council and the education department.

Yes, they want a piece of the cake in finding a few lcw.

How do they find talents?

Again, it's a long story but basically it's always the selection results by winning that counts.

Talents at young age doesn't all come fast, some are slow and coaches have to have patience.

But whose this dumb coach to spend time and risk his or her contract?

No result no contract and will eat grass!

A lot confused on good natural talent and good physical talent.

For competition results the latter will win at a young age but eat grass two or three years later.

Supposedly, the natural talent are not given the good training facilities how will they shine?

Now, the question is, how do they spot?

They use scientific methods but are they working?

Obviously, something is wrong here
    Last edited by pBmMalaysia; 06-08-2012 at 01:07 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is sad to see so much vitriol here. If the posts are a microcosm of Malaysia then it will go nowhere. How can it be otherwise when you cannot see the forest for the trees, not once, not twice, but every time? Talk is cheap and being smart alec armchair critics says it all.
    Taneepak, I always have respect for your contributions

basically you read a lot possibly very knowledgeable person

but you fail this time to spot

what mistake the president make in his press statement.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

.... ahem....

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow I am just an armchair BCer

Talk is cheap and being smart alec armchair critics says it all.
    I haven't commented much lately in this thread. But I am still reading the posts here.

I have noticed that some BCers are talking about;
    * BAM monies
    * BAM politics
    * BAM players
    * BAM coaches
    * etc, etc, ......

I have posted comments about BAM players and coaches (from news sources). Other than that, I am just an armchair BCer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post

A lot confused on good natural talent and good physical talent.

For competition results the latter will win at a young age but eat grass two or three years later.

Supposedly, the natural talent are not given the good training facilities how will they shine?

Now, the question is, how do they spot?

They use scientific methods but are they working?

Obviously, something is wrong here
    currently youth player is trained by lower coach but senior player/higher rank player trained by higher level coach. Then how the youth player want develop themselve to reach same level with pro level. lcw for example who talented player, who trained him when he start his career with bam? misbun right.... the problem is misbun want trained his son with lcw, why bam not allow? i seen misbun ramdan also is talented player but bam have wasted him by given lower coach....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Go back to the basics people. Just look at the netting, defence, lifting and smashing. You need to know how to walk before you run. These juniors are doing something ahead and ignoring the fundamentals. Ignorance and Arrogance.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by riffsuad View Post
    currently youth player is trained by lower coach but senior player/higher rank player trained by higher level coach. Then how the youth player want develop themselve to reach same level with pro level. lcw for example who talented player, who trained him when he start his career with bam? misbun right.... the problem is misbun want trained his son with lcw, why bam not allow? i seen misbun ramdan also is talented player but bam have wasted him by given lower coach....
    this is incorrect
    all the 2nd tier player is been treated as sparring player to lcw,koo/tan,wong/chin,wong mc and then cps/gly.
    if they weren't treated as country future prospect,do u think they can give 100% or 200% in training?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    this is incorrectall the 2nd tier player is been treated as sparring player to lcw,koo/tan,wong/chin,wong mc and then cps/gly.if they weren't treated as country future prospect,do u think they can give 100% or 200% in training?
    dont get wrong, i talking about youth player not 2nd tier.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by riffsuad View Post
    dont get wrong, i talking about youth player not 2nd tier.
    the problem is
    bam only accept promotion from bjss after the player are 19 years old no matter how talented u are.
    see how ratchanok,victor and tai tzuying,all already play in senior circuit while ours focus on ajc and wjc.
    the only exception is chow/lee who get promoted this year at age of 18 which that chow/lee already start to beat bam player last year.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    I haven't commented much lately in this thread. But I am still reading the posts here.

I have noticed that some BCers are talking about;
    * BAM monies
    * BAM politics
    * BAM players
    * BAM coaches
    * etc, etc, ......

I have posted comments about BAM players and coaches (from news sources). Other than that, I am just an armchair BCer.
    Wow, fantastic. All the above you describe is exactly me, Not only every sentence but every word and even every letter. No more no less.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nokh88 View Post
    Wow, fantastic. All the above you describe is exactly me, Not only every sentence but every word and even every letter. No more no less.
    u might not notice that he(not chris) is talking about himself,not others.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

u might not notice that he(not chris) is talking about himself,not others.
    chris-ccc is describing himself and this is exactly what I am in this thread too. Read word by word by him.
    Last edited by nokh88; 06-09-2012 at 01:58 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the problem is
    bam only accept promotion from bjss after the player are 19 years old no matter how talented u are.
    see how ratchanok,victor and tai tzuying,all already play in senior circuit while ours focus on ajc and wjc.
    the only exception is chow/lee who get promoted this year at age of 18 which that chow/lee already start to beat bam player last year.
    that is what nazmi said they dont have acess to state player...that so funny. bam making a star so late, but depend whether they can be truly star or not. depend on faith or and experimental as what hapen now.

Page 42 of 125 FirstFirst ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 92 ... LastLast