User Tag List

Page 48 of 122 FirstFirst ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 98 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post
    At least 50% of 80297 votes?

Are you sure, taneepak?

What makes you think all bcers reads the same stuff over here?

Some are here for buy and sell thread etc etc

You are just blowing some hot air here
    Any poll or election must be based on some sort of registered members or voters. Like any election, some don't vote, some cast invalid votes, and some cheat. There is no alternative to a recognized list. Here BC has a registered roll of 80,297 eligible votes or is this an invalid roll that serves one purpose but to be excluded for other purposes? That would be double standard, which will make BC a laughing stock.
    Also the larger the base, the higher the credibility; the lower the base, the more sinister it will appear.
    Don't you agree?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BAM has intention of rehiring its former coaches.

http://www.nst.com.my/sports/badmint...frame-1.108273

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Will they return after they have been treated not quite right?

Quote Originally Posted by flite View Post
    BAM has intention of rehiring its former coaches.

http://www.nst.com.my/sports/badmint...frame-1.108273
    The question is:

Will they return after they have been treated not quite right?
    Last edited by chris-ccc; 07-16-2012 at 06:20 AM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not sure coach with passion will do well in bam
    but coach that love money will,as how we know.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    There are many ways to manipulate a poll and it can end in a farce.
    A truer reflection on how BCers will vote must be based on all Bcers, and not just those who have a hatchet to chop someone. There are 80,297 Bcers who are members, according to this website. For such a poll to represent the "voice" of BCers any poll result must receive more than 50% of 80,297 votes.
    Do you think any poll will make sense here? It will be a huge joke and a typical example of missing the forest for the trees, with a handful of sick trees claiming to represent the Amazon forest!
    You've just nailed the lie to each and every poll that ever existed!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    .The question is:Will they return after they have been treated not quite right?.
    Park JB, nope wait become like Yoo YS case, although Park can speak Eng better. Msia didnt renew Park 's conyract the last time he was here, said salary too high sound familiar?Li Mao, with Rashid still around, nope. Even if Rashid not around, dont think LM will coach for BAM again after his experience. Misbun, only if they kick out some of the irritating council members

.So, they will need to get those who never coach for BAM bf, foreign coaches will think 20 times before agreeing, after what happened to Rexy and Yoo

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Usually money can't buy the more important things

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    Park JB, nope wait become like Yoo YS case, although Park can speak Eng better. Msia didnt renew Park 's contract the last time he was here, said salary too high sound familiar?Li Mao, with Rashid still around, nope. Even if Rashid not around, dont think LM will coach for BAM again after his experience. Misbun, only if they kick out some of the irritating council members

.So, they will need to get those who never coach for BAM bf, foreign coaches will think 20 times before agreeing, after what happened to Rexy and Yoo
    That's what I thought too.

BAM's intention of rehiring its former coaches won't be as easy as they think.

IMHO, usually money can't buy the more important things.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's what I thought too.

BAM's intention of rehiring its former coaches won't be as easy as they think.

IMHO, usually money can't buy the more important things.
    Money can't buy the more important things...but it buys most things and it talks loud...foreign coaches, unless they have other career outside of baddy to fall back on or they are loaded with inheritance or what-nots, or if they are PJB or Morten who are on 'badminton most wanted' list and can get jobs elsewhere can thumb their nose at BAM...they will always be someone who will take the BAM job and feed the family...'you do what you need to do till you find better things coming up'

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    Money can't buy the more important things...but it buys most things and it talks loud...foreign coaches, unless they have other career outside of baddy to fall back on or they are loaded with inheritance or what-nots, or if they are PJB or Morten who are on 'badminton most wanted' list and can get jobs elsewhere can thumb their nose at BAM...they will always be someone who will take the BAM job and feed the family...'you do what you need to do till you find better things coming up'
    yeah,poor rashid and pcc

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Thailand: An up-and-coming Badminton nation

Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    If what you have said is true, then we should have richer National Associations having stronger teams. But we don't find that's the case.

A very good example is Thailand: An up-and-coming Badminton nation that are witnessing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If what you have said is true, then we should have richer National Associations having stronger teams. But we don't find that's the case.

A very good example is Thailand: An up-and-coming Badminton nation that are witnessing.
    What I am saying is, either you are missing the point or I am not communicating clearly is that PJB or MF can afford to say nada to BAM even if Nadzmi come calling to them cos' these 2 chaps have somewhere to coach and are on 'America Most Wanted' list. But there will be some coaches out there who will come to BAM just for the cash and share the loots. The stooges running BAM is flushed with cash and are like shooting darts with eyes closed hoping to hit the right coach to take them to the promised land and save their butt, so far, except for Rexy, the darts that Nadzmi is throwing are missing the mark by a country mile and was finding those HP duds and MAS baddy is sinking like the titanic...and still these stooges still get to keep their jobs and more money is thrown their way...MAS Boleh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why would PJB and MF want to return to BAM after what they have been through? The trouble is the management not the coaches though i think the current crop of coaches at the senior level are not really competent enough to produce world beaters.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabit View Post
    Why would PJB and MF want to return to BAM after what they have been through? The trouble is the management not the coaches though i think the current crop of coaches at the senior level are not really competent enough to produce world beaters.
    Exactly, why would PJB come back, he is doing great with full control in Japan. The current coaches are 'great yes-men' to the 'top head man Nadzmi' so they can yawn, screw up and keep their jobs so competence is not important, must have connections, banyak connectios in Boleh land. As to what you said 'the current crop of coaches at the senior level are not really competent enough to produce world beaters'....arr, ahem! let's don't jump so fast and delete the word 'world beaters', let's say 'let's see if the current crop of coaches at the senior level can even get the current men/women players past the qualifying, first and maybe, the second round in SS' (LCW excluded from the list) and that is a big wish. As for WC and OLY, let's pretend the events do not exist after LCW retires

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any poll or election must be based on some sort of registered members or voters. Like any election, some don't vote, some cast invalid votes, and some cheat. There is no alternative to a recognized list. Here BC has a registered roll of 80,297 eligible votes or is this an invalid roll that serves one purpose but to be excluded for other purposes? That would be double standard, which will make BC a laughing stock.Also the larger the base, the higher the credibility; the lower the base, the more sinister it will appear. Don't you agree?
    I would only agree with you if you can filter only those bcer

who are following the same thread we are talking about and give us the poll.

That would only be the true result nothing more. Period.

Unfortunately you are going to tell me that would be impossible

because you do not have Kwun's password !

Or even if you have, I don't think you can getting anything like that out.

Anyway, don't forget you were the one that suggest this fantastic idea in the first place

without even thinking it wasn't a correct one to begin

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=taneepak;1933706]Any poll or election must be based on some sort of registered members or voters. Like any election, some don't vote, some cast invalid votes, and some cheat. There is no alternative to a recognized list. Here BC has a registered roll of 80,297 eligible votes or is this an invalid roll that serves one purpose but to be excluded for other purposes? That would be double standard, which will make BC a laughing stock.Also the larger the base, the higher the credibility; the lower the base, the more sinister it will appear. Don't you agree?[/QUOTe)I m not trying to put you down but I don t think you have any ( market) research background so your number guesses about base size is misleading. BC polls are for fun and represent the opinions of those who polled, not all BCers. So there s nothing wrong as long as the numbers are referred to just the group who has polled and the results are not actionable. On the other hand, in serious polls like the Gallup poll where the results are relatively reliable and used to modify future strategies, they do not poll every voter or even 50% to get the representation. That would cost too much and maybe take too long or impossible to reach. The accuracy depends much on the sample size. Too small, the results will be as flimsy as straws. However, it has been found that when the sample size is at least 1000 ( for whatever demographic of interest), the accuracy for extrapolation or prediction is good and can be improved further by not much with increase in respondents at additional cost. In market research, accuracy is balanced against cost (ie sample size).I m not an expert but this is what I remember of what I studied. Somehow who knows better can correct me and enlighten the rest.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post
    I would only agree with you if you can filter only those bcer

who are following the same thread we are talking about and give us the poll.

That would only be the true result nothing more. Period.

Unfortunately you are going to tell me that would be impossible

because you do not have Kwun's password !

Or even if you have, I don't think you can getting anything like that out.

Anyway, don't forget you were the one that suggest this fantastic idea in the first place

without even thinking it wasn't a correct one to begin
    [QUOTE=pjswift;1935708]
    Any poll or election must be based on some sort of registered members or voters. Like any election, some don't vote, some cast invalid votes, and some cheat. There is no alternative to a recognized list. Here BC has a registered roll of 80,297 eligible votes or is this an invalid roll that serves one purpose but to be excluded for other purposes? That would be double standard, which will make BC a laughing stock.Also the larger the base, the higher the credibility; the lower the base, the more sinister it will appear. Don't you agree?[/QUOTe)I m not trying to put you down but I don t think you have any ( market) research background so your number guesses about base size is misleading. BC polls are for fun and represent the opinions of those who polled, not all BCers. So there s nothing wrong as long as the numbers are referred to just the group who has polled and the results are not actionable. On the other hand, in serious polls like the Gallup poll where the results are relatively reliable and used to modify future strategies, they do not poll every voter or even 50% to get the representation. That would cost too much and maybe take too long or impossible to reach. The accuracy depends much on the sample size. Too small, the results will be as flimsy as straws. However, it has been found that when the sample size is at least 1000 ( for whatever demographic of interest), the accuracy for extrapolation or prediction is good and can be improved further by not much with increase in respondents at additional cost. In market research, accuracy is balanced against cost (ie sample size).I m not an expert but this is what I remember of what I studied. Somehow who knows better can correct me and enlighten the rest.
    If we conduct a poll here do you know the lopsided nature the pollsters? Almost all of them who are eager to take part will be biased and have an axe to grind. What about the results of such a one-sided poll with such a small number, shamefully claiming that it is representative of the whole BC population?
    Yes, polls can be abused, can mislead, and often serves no purpose.
    A poll should have in mind its objective. A straw poll taken from a wide cross section of people of say a local election has an objective of trying a forecast what the people want. The people and the elected representatives have an "active" relationship. We choose you so you can represent us and we are qualified and registered voters entitled to vote. The poll suggested here is perhaps intended to be incendiary. Who are you to be so arrogant to even suggest such a silly poll? Please do know your place in the sun.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=taneepak;1935965]
    Quote Originally Posted by pjswift View Post

If we conduct a poll here do you know the lopsided nature the pollsters? Almost all of them who are eager to take part will be biased and have an axe to grind. What about the results of such a one-sided poll with such a small number, shamefully claiming that it is representative of the whole BC population?
    Yes, polls can be abused, can mislead, and often serves no purpose.
    A poll should have in mind its objective. A straw poll taken from a wide cross section of people of say a local election has an objective of trying a forecast what the people want. The people and the elected representatives have an "active" relationship. We choose you so you can represent us and we are qualified and registered voters entitled to vote. The poll suggested here is perhaps intended to be incendiary. Who are you to be so arrogant to even suggest such a silly poll? Please do know your place in the sun.
    I have to stand up for most BCers over here, those of us that feel put downed by Taneepak's 'low credibility' rating on BC's so-called mostly 'majority-unqualified-to vote' allegations! . Put it simply, correct me if I'm wrong, many of BCers feel offended by your insinuations of BCer's polls likened to that of a 'kangaroo court'.

But, you can rest in peace. Most likely BC won't have this poll. Isn't it Kwun? So stop with the 'degradation' of BCers.

Page 48 of 122 FirstFirst ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 98 ... LastLast