User Tag List

Page 6 of 123 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 56 106 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    This NCC fellow has no morale and no ethic, to come up now and to pacify the screw-up he created saying guidelines will be made for the future.....how about now that this Chin Chai idiot has killed GTC/TBS WC11 dream, darn it, people worked hardfor a dream and to be taken away is so criminal...how the hell can people sleep at night, that really baffle me?

Wah uncle OTB, so fierce. Dont worry, the Harian Metro reporter also shoot at BAM left right, almost center.

Just for amusement, there's a blogger who aired his disatisfaction on the Gan/TBS issue :

BAM LACK B___S

Well those smart enough will figure that out on how to fill in the spaces.

My earlier posting touched on just how low BAM will go in trying to fix the doubles duo of Gan Teik Chai and Tan Bin Shen.

Well after looking at the letter BAM sent to the Kedah and Selangor BA's, my take is, to borrow a phrase often used by a renowned Sports Editor, is that BAM lacked scrotum gumption to initiate any action on the duo.

And the had the gall to ask the two State BA to initiate action on the duo, of which BAM will be fully supportive.

Ever heard the phrase - baling batu sembunyi tangan? That aptly describes the action of the BAM.

If writing directly to the President of BAM seeking justice is a cause for disciplinary action, then millions who wrote to the Prime Minister can be jailed I guess. So the members of the public should now go through their JKKK before even thinking of talking to their ADUN or MP.

Coming back to BAM, wonder how high is the pedestal that their officials are perched on?

But look back at what you did on May 13 as you in BAM too did not follow procedures and wrote to the players directly.

So BAM, will heads roll in your office as well? Or you practice what you preach - double standards.

http://ssdhaliwal.blogspot.com/2011/08/bam-lack-bs.html

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    I am getting quite sick of all these bureaucracies and politics (governing players who have qualified, but they cannot participate in BWF events).

BWF say it's up up BAM.

Now BAM is saying that it's up to Selangor State BA and Kedah State BA.

Speechless, I am. How will this promote and/or encourage more players wishing to participate in BWF events?
    No, they are saying all letters must go through state BAs, not direct. BAM is just pissed Gan/TBS went to OCM to complain. What choice do they have since BWF already say they cannot do anything. In one of the Harian Metro articles, Gan is quoted as saying BAM not happy they went to the press, should have been closed door affair. Gan said, if not make public, they will never get any justice or answers.

I couldnt find the blog that one fellow wrote on Roslin Hashim being compensated when BAM missed out his name in Spore & INA Open 2 to 3 years back. Roslin was pissed, BAM sponsored some of his tournaments as "compensation" for not sending his entry although Roslin had submitted his entry much much earlier.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Why BAM wished for it to be a 'closed door' business, I do not understand

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    No, they are saying all letters must go through state BAs, not direct. BAM is just pissed Gan/TBS went to OCM to complain. What choice do they have since BWF already say they cannot do anything. In one of the Harian Metro articles, Gan is quoted as saying BAM not happy they went to the press, should have been closed door affair. Gan said, if not make public, they will never get any justice or answers.

I couldnt find the blog that one fellow wrote on Roslin Hashim being compensated when BAM missed out his name in Spore & INA Open 2 to 3 years back. Roslin was pissed, BAM sponsored some of his tournaments as "compensation" for not sending his entry although Roslin had submitted his entry much much earlier.
    Should have been closed door affair? Why BAM wished for it to be a 'closed door' business, I do not understand.

Next BAM would tell us that they wanted transparency, because transparency is good.

Regarding Roslin Hashim's case, it was in 2007, and we have a thread at BadmintonCentral (titled 'Angry Roslin threathens to sue BAM'), found located at;

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...ns-to-sue-BAM?

and also the article (written by Rajes Paul) can be found located at;

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.a...938&sec=sports
    Last edited by chris-ccc; 08-07-2011 at 06:30 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post
    Ah.. the Han jian post i wasnt able to understand a word in mandarin nor the whole supposed to be English translation

But one thing I do know the problem has to come from the grass roots.

Here, I always wonder does bam know or don't know

Relying on their affiliates, that is, all the state associations in msa as their feedler isn't the best option nor the only option.

What they should do is identify training centre all over the state, be it private or from the state.

Then turn them into national grass root supporting centre.

Upgrade them when there are results and feed them with whatever new ideas, development ....

What inspired me to say this came after a short 2 hours coaching clinic conducted by bam coaches during one of the national junior meet this year in kl.

During the clinic, almost all the state coaches turned up expecting a Chinese coach from bam,

to give some tips on latest tactical training .....

To everyone surprises, it was nothing! Really nothing!

The Chinese coach only demonstrate the very basic of gripping a racket!

And he kept emphasizing on gripping throughout the entire session

The whole crowd started to mumble ... asking each other questions..

So I overheard..

" if we spend our time more on this kind of technical training,

how are our players going to be fit to beat other players " .

"how are we going to get our contract renew when we don't have players winning"

The Chinese coach was sent to evaluate the current junior players during the tournament

and he found out the same thing as what li Mao did with the Indonesian national team

Hope you catch the drift, icleing
    Hi PbM, I have translated Han Jian's article. See this:

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...=1#post1730035

Hopefully this is helpful to you. Yes, Han Jian mentioned there is alot of problem at the grass root level. Players are not thought the proper techniques. I won't be surprised if the Chinese coaches are showing them how to grip the racket. This is a very subtle way of telling them to work on their basic. what I learn is if a player doesn't have the strong foundation in skill, it only takes a guy will half your stamina (probably less) to beat that player. For example, match Han Jian up against Usain Bolt or some marathon runners on badminton court. My money will be on Han Jian .

Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    This NCC fellow has no morale and no ethic, to come up now and to pacify the screw-up he created saying guidelines will be made for the future.....how about now that this Chin Chai idiot has killed GTC/TBS WC11 dream, darn it, people worked hardfor a dream and to be taken away is so criminal...how the hell can people sleep at night, that really baffle me?

Now that BAM has double the funding to tens of millions, all the non-playing jokers are partying in London...sending Bata James to London for what? His job is high performance something, if the players are not already smoking high performance stuff now, isn't that a little too late.
    Han Jian has subtlely implied that those NCC and officers who got send to London has no role there and just wasting the tax payers' money(or the Maybank's money, whichever you wanna put it). Is there anything they can do in London other than partying, sipping a fine wine in 5 stars hotel and demanding and pressuring the national players to do this and that? I doubt it.

Well, NCC is hired to be BAM secretary for a reason. He is a LAWYER and he is paid to do whatever he is hired to do-to bend around the rules. Hopefully you are not sending your daughter to study law in college, OTB.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lcleing View Post
    Well, NCC is hired to be BAM secretary for a reason. He is a LAWYER and he is paid to do whatever he is hired to do-to bend around the rules. Hopefully you are not sending your daughter to study law in college, OTB.
    My wife wants to (see blue above), thanks god, that is not the path my little girl wants to do

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lcleing View Post
    Hi PbM, I have translated Han Jian's article. See this:http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...=1#post1730035Hopefully this is helpful to you. Yes, Han Jian mentioned there is alot of problem at the grass root level. Players are not thought the proper techniques. I won't be surprised if the Chinese coaches are showing them how to grip the racket. This is a very subtle way of telling them to work on their basic. what I learn is if a player doesn't have the strong foundation in skill, it only takes a guy will half your stamina (probably less) to beat that player. For example, match Han Jian up against Usain Bolt or some marathon runners on badminton court. My money will be Han Jian .
    Thanks lcleing

Now I know what he is talking about .

The google translation needs to be banned, removed, sued to kingdom come ..

Well, for Han jian, he has been living in Malaysia long enough to know all this

and he is absolutely correct!

If this is not a public forum I would have spill everything out hahaha..
    Last edited by pBmMalaysia; 08-08-2011 at 07:37 AM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Well it looks like BAM has been doing something right after all.

MAS has only 3 players in the quarter-finals of the World Championships this year, but they are all new, unknown players who made it, as a result of the changes and strategies that BAM has been bringing about in the past 2 months or more.

Regrettably, the older, more experienced players (like the Sidek brothers, Eddy Choong etc) did not make it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, back to the drawing board. Are we missing misbun? Overhaul??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, BAM is going in the left direction.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

damit........... why not center direction or the drain direction?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's see what this chin chai guy got to say

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talk is cheap. We need action. Either you stay put or you change. What will it be? Which individual in BAM dares to make the decision?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

OK, so its pretty clear that the bigwigs at BAM have no clue what they are doing, or are supposed to do. But they are not going to just go away. They are not going to admit that they made some very fundamental mistakes in their planning and delivery and if you want a real "corporate" twist, (they should love this!) their "supply-chain" management!

They will issue statements; proably claim that everything is under control; then look for a fall guy. It might be James resigning; who knows. But the system won't really change, because they are completely clueless what they should replace it with! And of course, the replacement might not suite their agenda...

These idiots really believe that some company like KPMG may give them the magic keys to unlocking the dilemma. You can have all the advise and research and data and concluding paragraphs and they can all be very impressive. But what is the implementation?

After all the thinking and talking and discussing, what is the nature of action BAM takes? They have created a situation from which there is no easy way out. If a complete review is needed, it is not BAM who must ask for or institute or conduct the review. It will have to be the NSC or another body.

But the overhaul of the entire system will have to be undertaken by people who have the experience, in-depth knowledge, and awareness of the intricacies of the grassroots system in Malaysia. Anything else, (like the BAM bigwigs themselves) will be a waste of time, money, energy, and a mockery of the efforts that players like LCW make every day.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow Another shuttle cock-up

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    OK, so its pretty clear that the bigwigs at BAM have no clue what they are doing, or are supposed to do.

Just a few days ago, I received this article (Another shuttle cock-up).

Source: http://www.mmail.com.my/content/7978...shuttle-cockup

====== start article ======

Independent player cries foul after missing Vietnam Open

HARESH DEOL
    Tuesday, August 9th, 2011 06:16:00

PETALING JAYA: Independent shuttler K. Yogendran claimed he has been treated unfairly after his name was not registered for the upcoming Vietnam Open scheduled from Aug 23-28 in Ho Chi Minh City.

This is not the first time Yogendran has been subjected to such an episode as his name was surprisingly missing from the singles event of the Indonesian International Challenge last month. Yogendran, however, played in the doubles event.

The application for the Indonesian event was made together with the Singapore International Series. Yogendran played in both the singles and doubles categories in Singapore.

The applications were done to the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) through the KL Badminton Association (KLBA). KLBA assured Yogendran his application was forwarded to the national body.

"I just find it baffling. I registered for the Indonesian and Singapore events at the same time and somehow my name was not in the singles event of the Indonesian meet," said Yogendran.

"How is it that BAM only got part of my application when it was done together?

"Now Iím experiencing the same problem with the Vietnam Open. Iím also eager to know if Iíll be playing in the Taiwan Open next month (Sept 6-11)."

Yogendran said he has booked flight tickets and accommodation for the Vietnam stint.

"Some RM1,200 has already been spent and now itís down the drain. I canít be taxing my sponsors. It is also crucial for me to play matches to help improve my world rankings."

Yogendran, who left BAM in 2008, is currently placed 73 in the world menís singles rankings ó ahead of Mohamad Arif Abdul Latif (86), Goh Soon Huat (119) and Chong Wei Feng (124).

His latest achievements were the back-to-back wins in the singles event at the Altona International in Melbourne followed by the Counties Manukau International in New Zealand in June.

"Iím thankful to KLBA for helping me out but independent players in the country would appreciate an easier method to register for tournaments. It would be better if we could submit directly to BAM.

"I am only doing this to represent my country."

Yogendran admitted certain State BAs have been helpful to independent players, although most of the shuttlers cannot represent the State in any junior events or the Malaysia Games as they are over the age limit.

BAM general manager Kenny Goh was unaware of the incident but promised to check on the matter.

"Players, independent or not, will still have to go through the State BAs unless the council decides otherwise," said Kenny.

====== end article ======

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

BAM general manager Kenny Goh was unaware of the incident but promised to check on the matter.

"Players, independent or not, will still have to go through the State BAs unless the council decides otherwise," said Kenny.
    Why not have a little transparency here? Why can't an independent send the application to the state BA along with a copy sent directly to BAM? That way, BAM will have a copy of the application and can cross-validate it with the application that is forwarded by the State BA. If there is any discrepancy, it gives everyone the chance to sort things out before it's too late.

Its just a simple procedural issue. It saves time, aggravation, clears any confusion, and identifies accountable action and provides for points of redundancy.

Maybe that is exactly why BAM won't do it?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

...and the exodus continues!

Here is a national Association for what is probably the most important sport in the country, leading up to the OG 2012, and the procession of players who have been opting out of BAM is just going on and on. Something is very, very wrong here.

Zakry and Fairuzizuan decide to become independent players
    Read the full report here: http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.a...516&sec=sports

Excerpt:

PETALING JAYA: Two of the longest serving doubles players Mohd Zakry Abdul Latif and Mohd Fairuzizuan Mohd Tazari have left the national badminton team.

It was revealed at the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) exco meeting last night that Zakry and Fairuzizuan have left the national elite squad after 15 years of service.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No wonder zakri and fairuzizuan are both in sibu, Sarawak playing in the sibu open today

Page 6 of 123 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 56 106 ... LastLast