User Tag List

Page 9 of 123 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 59 109 ... LastLast
Results 137 to 153 of 2075
  1. #137
    Moderator cobalt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arrakis
    Posts
    8,669
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Back-up players will not be sacrificed
    2011/09/18
    By K.M. Boopathy



    http://www.nst.com.my/nst/articles/kjkwdqjkw/Article/

    Excerpts:

    NATIONAL singles coach Rashid Sidek has confirmed that only a handful of back-up players will be utilised for sparring sessions with Lee Chong Wei as he doesn't want to disrupt the programme of the younger players.

    ...Chong Wei Feng, Liew Daren and Chan Kwong, who were in the elite squad before the two squads were merged, will be the regular sparring partners for Chong Wei while back-up players like Arif Latif and Goh Soon Huat will also be utilised.

    "There has been some confusion but the training programme of the back-up players will not be disrupted. We will only use the better players to spar with Chong Wei on a more regular basis as they will benefit from training with the World No 1," said Rashid, who returned from Changzhou, China yesterday.

    "Only Arif and Soon Huat have the ability to spar with Chong Wei while (Misbun) Ramdan, to a certain extent, can be utilised from time to time while the rest are still far behind.

    ..."Thus, Hendrawan's programme will not be disrupted as he can continue grooming the younger group. The back-up players normally have their own training for an hour before sparring sessions begin and they are put through extra sessions if needed.

  2. #138
    Moderator cobalt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arrakis
    Posts
    8,669
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Dhaliwal's blog...

    RAW DEAL FOR MAYBANK
    Saturday, September 24, 2011

    http://ssdhaliwal.blogspot.com/2011/...r-maybank.html

    Excerpts:

    Despite announcing one of the biggest sponsorship deals in July, it looks as if Maybank has been taken for a ride by the Badminton Association of Malaysia.

    ...For starters the backdrop at the BAM office still carries the logo of the old sponsor.

    And most major dailies still carry pictures of players wearing the attire of the old sponsors.

    ...And BAM cannot even have a proper website in place, more often then not finding it's band with exceeded. And it lacks substance, relying on just news reports carried by the main stream media.

    ...You do not need a marketing guru to teach you about branding and looking after your sponsors, but then when officials in BAM speak with forked tongues then nothing is impossible right.

    ...While BAM continue their witch hunt with regards to independent players, with officials even threatening players that they cannot use the word Malaysia on their back of the jerseys, they should spend that time doing better for their sponsors as when you travel around the world it's Maybank's money you are using.

    The word Malaysia does not belong to you BAM and while no political party had laid claim to it, I see no reason why you prevent Malaysians for promoting Malaysia.

    Telling independent players that they can only use Yonex attire at sparring spells arrogance and vested interest on your part.

  3. #139
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    3,321
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Proton knows they are smarter than the sleeping Maybank. Kudos, Nadzmi! If Maybank is dimmer than Proton, it means there s no hope for MAS badminton. The players should just enjoy their world holidays, courtesy of a generous sponsor. Live it while you can!

  4. #140
    Regular Member extremenanopowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    SG. Go for NCAP-L2 certified coach.
    Posts
    11,746
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    shhh... everyone must loot quietly... enjoy life... thanks to maybank..

  5. #141
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kuala Lumpue
    Posts
    1,819
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    recent from Shin Chew press, Bao Chunlai has warned the BAM especially Rashid Sidek that there will be no strong mens single players from MAS squad after LCW's retired. Unlike China team who like CL, CJ, DPY are to takeover LD's place in future while Mas team don't have any capable players can take over LCW's place.

  6. #142
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,739
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ngkt67 View Post
    recent from Shin Chew press, Bao Chunlai has warned the BAM especially Rashid Sidek that there will be no strong mens single players from MAS squad after LCW's retired. Unlike China team who like CL, CJ, DPY are to takeover LD's place in future while Mas team don't have any capable players can take over LCW's place.
    .
    Bao Chunlai must be implying that BAM is going in the WRONG direction.
    .

  7. #143
    Moderator cobalt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arrakis
    Posts
    8,669
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ngkt67 View Post
    recent from Shin Chew press, Bao Chunlai has warned the BAM especially Rashid Sidek that there will be no strong mens single players from MAS squad after LCW's retired. Unlike China team who like CL, CJ, DPY are to takeover LD's place in future while Mas team don't have any capable players can take over LCW's place.
    Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    .
    Bao Chunlai must be implying that BAM is going in the WRONG direction.
    .
    I believe it was actually Rashid referring to BCL's retirement, and the fact that MAS don't have the backup depth that CHN have. The original article was in The Star.

  8. #144
    Moderator cobalt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arrakis
    Posts
    8,669
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    From Dhaliwal's blog...

    A MOCKERY OF NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS
    Thursday, October 06, 2011

    http://ssdhaliwal.blogspot.com/2011/...pionships.html

    Excerpts:

    ...Some three months ago, BAM came out with a ruling ( they normally have this habit of shifting the posts when faced with a situation that leaves eggs on their face ) that all players, whether in BAM or independent must play in the local GP Circuit.

    But having made that rule, it is BAM that stands accused of breaking that rule based on the number of forced withdrawals in the National GP Finals scheduled from 12th to 15th October at Stadium Juara.

    World number 1, Dato Lee Chong Wei, who will be playing at the Danish Open, has qualified and according to the final list displayed at the BAM website, will play in the National GP Finals.

    But why is it that some top players - the likes of Koo Kien Keat, Tan Boon Heong,Hoon Thien How, Koo Kien Keat, Goh Liu Ying, Ng Hui Lin, Ng Hui Ern, Woon Khe Wei and Lim Khim Wah withdrawn from the GP Finals.

    With BAM withdrawing those players, the likes of Mohd Zakry Latif/Fairuzizuan Tazari are deprived of playing alongside their partners who played in the GP Circuit - Tan Boon Heong/Koo Kien Keat.

    Now this is what you call double standards, for its okay for BAM players toi withdraw but when independent players opt to do the same, BAM makes a huff and puff about it.

  9. #145
    Regular Member extremenanopowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    SG. Go for NCAP-L2 certified coach.
    Posts
    11,746
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    haha.. BAM says... welcome and have a nice day... lol We are rich now and you can't do anything about it. lol.

  10. #146
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,739
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Thumbs down This is not good

    Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    From Dhaliwal's blog...

    A MOCKERY OF NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS
    Thursday, October 06, 2011

    http://ssdhaliwal.blogspot.com/2011/...pionships.html

    Excerpts:

    ...Some three months ago, BAM came out with a ruling ( they normally have this habit of shifting the posts when faced with a situation that leaves eggs on their face ) that all players, whether in BAM or independent must play in the local GP Circuit.

    But having made that rule, it is BAM that stands accused of breaking that rule based on the number of forced withdrawals in the National GP Finals scheduled from 12th to 15th October at Stadium Juara.

    World number 1, Dato Lee Chong Wei, who will be playing at the Danish Open, has qualified and according to the final list displayed at the BAM website, will play in the National GP Finals.

    But why is it that some top players - the likes of Koo Kien Keat, Tan Boon Heong,Hoon Thien How, Koo Kien Keat, Goh Liu Ying, Ng Hui Lin, Ng Hui Ern, Woon Khe Wei and Lim Khim Wah withdrawn from the GP Finals.

    With BAM withdrawing those players, the likes of Mohd Zakry Latif/Fairuzizuan Tazari are deprived of playing alongside their partners who played in the GP Circuit - Tan Boon Heong/Koo Kien Keat.

    Now this is what you call double standards, for its okay for BAM players toi withdraw but when independent players opt to do the same, BAM makes a huff and puff about it.
    .
    BAM has often being found without consistency when making decisions.

    I agree that their 'goal posts' are always shifted to give advantage to players under them. Independent players often find themselves disadvantaged. This is not good.
    .

  11. #147
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    u can talk 3 days 3 night about their lousy story and they never change

  12. #148
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    icy cold place
    Posts
    3,778
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    u can talk 3 days 3 night about their lousy story and they never change
    How about 1 more night lah, maybe changie ala coming

  13. #149
    Regular Member nokh88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    8,456
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    People always give up after 3 days and 3 nights. That's the problem. Should perservere and try another few more days and nights.

  14. #150
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    lol
    so after a long list of player and coach leave bam
    now we have a new name on waiting list
    rosman razak is requesting a transfer from bam to bjss(wise!)

  15. #151
    Moderator cobalt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arrakis
    Posts
    8,669
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    lol
    so after a long list of player and coach leave bam
    now we have a new name on waiting list
    rosman razak is requesting a transfer from bam to bjss(wise!)
    You didn't even have to wait 3 nights for that!!

  16. #152
    Regular Member extremenanopowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    SG. Go for NCAP-L2 certified coach.
    Posts
    11,746
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    This would be a better thread to say this.

    If you let politician runs the show, they are only temporary. They will say, oh.. I was the leader then. Now, I am out of it. Too bad.

    Good to let those former champion to run it. The have more credibility and they know their reputation is at stake.

    For politician, they could care less but to collect the 'big' pay cheque. Applies to any country.

  17. #153
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Kepong, KL
    Posts
    43
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i think the way it is runned is more like i dont like you so i dont field you or give u adequete/enought training

    but at the same time we cannot fully blame bam and have to blame the players like tbh/kkk wat happened???

    wch is still performing to a certain extent even though he isnt with bam and age is catching up to him

    but at the same time former players are not given enough recognition.....they eventually become dust in the wind.

    besides the game is not promoted enough. we talk big of how we are good in badminton but it is not well supported by the local big businesses.....tournaments and all are organized between badminton centres but lack of sponsorship.

    and too much red tape internally.....like if u quit bam then they wont allow u to play internationally for xx years.....total bs man

Page 9 of 123 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 59 109 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Direction to the GYM from Seoul
    By mollaio in forum Asian Badminton Championship 2009
    Replies: 5
    : 03-28-2009, 03:53 PM
  2. Backhand Clear Direction
    By killest in forum Techniques / Training
    Replies: 32
    : 03-24-2008, 05:19 AM
  3. Shot direction
    By Loopy in forum Techniques / Training
    Replies: 4
    : 04-24-2007, 12:46 PM
  4. direction of turning after hitting a backhand?
    By llpjlau in forum Techniques / Training
    Replies: 12
    : 04-21-2007, 04:57 PM
  5. Wind direction problem in the stadium
    By weeyet in forum World Championships 2006
    Replies: 21
    : 09-20-2006, 05:49 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •