User Tag List

Page 97 of 123 FirstFirst ... 47 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... LastLast
Results 1,633 to 1,649 of 2081
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by M3Series View Post
    In my opinion it's not a big issues because it was given clearance when it was Nadzmi's reign. Mahaleel just took the reign and he shouldn't be mentioning it. In fact, whatever changes he made today, it's not going to be fruitful tomorrow. Rome isn't made in days. It seems to me this is rather not a good point to say about Rashid's resignation. He should be mentioning more about what achievement has Rashid got so far with his experience as a coach. If Rashid's method really works like he said, then why are we still couldn't see any of his players make it through like CW did.

This issue has made me think Mahaleel isn't that different from Nadzmi. Bigger issues are waiting to be solved and looked at. Rashid's gone. It's a good thing. Why still talk about it?
    Agree, that we should not labour the point but I think it should be clarified as a point of professionalism, continuous improvement and gaining respect for governance for the new administration. Kenny Goh denies clearance was given - don't you think it is important to clarify what is going on? What you think if your employer said this?

Outcome is important, but if in the future, the process is not clarified, then future coaches will say "I couldn't make any improvement because of xyz" and then point to BAM's last 10 years as proof.

BTW, I am not against coaches/players going off to IBL, Axiata etc. They just have to follow the right procedures if they request so.
    Last edited by Cheung; 09-22-2013 at 11:46 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me, not all the choices the current management doing is right but malaysia badminton need a change and change that will be.

We are at a stage where nothing can be worst than staying put, changes are needed and their effect can only be judge in years time.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheung View Post
    I am not saying anything but Kenny Goh is looking rather foolish and makes his new management team look the same. Ultimately, Kenny Goh has to give an explanation that is believable to the public. After all, he is general manager.
    this shows the quality of the former bam.
    when they try to answer our question,they are so questionable.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SibugiChai View Post
    For me, not all the choices the current management doing is right but malaysia badminton need a change and change that will be.

We are at a stage where nothing can be worst than staying put, changes are needed and their effect can only be judge in years time.
    yes
    people always think about the negative of ubah
    but not the negative of staying put.
    that's the fear which make them looks foolish

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think there is just not enough information for us to form any meaningful opinions now. Here we have both sides saying different things. Only one side can be right although there is so-called 'legal speak' that can say both sides are right.
    The new BAM president only assumed his role in early september, and the Indian Premier League was then in 'no man's land' when it could provide an opportunity for mischief? BAM has now said it has not issued any warning letter to LCW. This is probably true because it could have backfired if untrue.
    It is legally possible to sign a one-year contract with another country's club and be not physically there at all time, only during certain breaks in BAM's calender.
    Rashid is not Misbun who left without throwing dirt and creating trouble. There was no indirect call from Misbun for the other coaches/players. Rashid, as an employee, should be prepared to accept any job rotation from the boss. But he sees this as a humiliation and a demotion from no.1 singles coach to a lower job. If he had worked for a reputable company, not government, he would have been sacked instead of being transferred to another job. I think he has damaged his reputation as a coach with his uncalled for remarks.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The new team may not have elaborated much about the need to change but I think it is inevitable. Even in Banks, whoes branch Managers are swapped regularly for the reasons Management dont want people to get into comfort zones, or getting too close to suppliers, or practising favouritism etc.

Perhaps its the manner which TAM did it which didnt go well with the coaches and furthermore the publicity also didnt help. Perhaps the better option would be for BAM to close the door while getting their house in order since this is a sensitive matter.

The process may be painful in the beginning but if they get it right, the results will show. That what we all want to see isnt it?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think there was no need to be diplomatic. Those who have not only failed but have also made fools of so many promising juniors who did so well at world junior tournaments only for the responsible coaches to turn them into mediocre players.
    Now, LCW may not welcome so many future stars to share his limelight. How is it possible for such an excellent player like LCW to be so far ahead of his fellow Malaysians? Are the rest utterly useless? Now, what has even LCW, not to mention his coaches, done to bring the backups up to his level?
    No other strong badminton countries have such a huge gap between their no. 1 and the rest. This huge gap also means the money flowing to the no. 1 is almost all to one person. Now, how would the others feel? Has anybody looked at this huge morale problem that may be the root problem.
    It is like a favored son getting all the help and money with peanuts going to the remaining 10 sons.
    I think all those coaches in charge of the elite team should be swept aside, no exceptions, and bring in new blood with proven success. BAM need not look far. The coaches for the juniors have produced results.
    A strong message of a complete 'board' change is called for and I think TAM has just got it right.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is Nice explosive thread. Just read some pages from
    around page 90 after "BAM Reboot" and resignation of former Jagoh kampung and now overpaid yawning coach, Rashid and all kinds of juicy revelations coming out. You guys really crack me up. Keep it up. The info on this thread is enough material for script for a TV soap opera drama series about Malaysian badminton. And I know there will be lots of good "actors" like Rashid. KG, NCC who will ready act in the series. LOL

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Rashid may have damaged himself with a self-inflicted wound. With his badmouthing of his employer when things don't turn out his way, who would hire him again? The costs of things going wrong are just too great for any national associations to consider hiring him. Even if he gets an offer the terms will be stacked against him.

Also, I can appreciate national players belonging to BAM playing in other countries' super or premier league, provided they get clearance from BAM and it is in the interest of the players' development and is not inconsistent with BAM's overall strategy. However, I have serious doubts and questions about BAM's coaches coaching in the other countries' super leagues even if the calender allows time for them. This is a conflict of interest because coaches cannot be seen to share secrets of their national charges' strengths, weakness, and strategy with other countries' players. This is tantamount to selling state secrets. To even consider allowing coaches to coach in other countries' super leagues is obscene, let alone giving them any clearance to do so.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It takes 2 to tango. Can't see any good role model so far. To err is human.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lcw said he might become independent

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

May I suggest to LCW to seriously consider helping his backup players who will gradually take over from him to reach a standard that is comparable to what he has achieved. BAM has put so much resources, finances, rewards, awards, all sorts of tender attention and titles on him that should as a minimum stir his conscience to pay back his dues. Going independent will do no such thing. It will only make things worse, making it look more like he is running away from one of the greatest challenges of his badminton career-to challenge and help bring up to par his team mates.
    It is important he now considers his legacy he is leaving behind-as an individual or as a team player.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    May I suggest to LCW to seriously consider helping his backup players who will gradually take over from him to reach a standard that is comparable to what he has achieved. BAM has put so much resources, finances, rewards, awards, all sorts of tender attention and titles on him that should as a minimum stir his conscience to pay back his dues. Going independent will do no such thing. It will only make things worse, making it look more like he is running away from one of the greatest challenges of his badminton career-to challenge and help bring up to par his team mates.
    It is important he now considers his legacy he is leaving behind-as an individual or as a team player.
    He's already spent quite a bit of time trying to help his team mates develop, yet there is still no real sign of Daren Liew or Chong Wei Feng improving. DL won a SS title, but that's the absolute height of his achievements, and since then he hasn't been able to replicate anything close to that feat. One might even suggest he got lucky and benefited from a weak draw (SS Final against Axelsen has to be the easiest of all SS/PSS events).
    I wouldn't hold it against LCW if he were to go independant, he has lost both Sidek brothers as coaches now...and has given a lot to BAM (all the team competitions he played and was the only singles player to be taken seriously....training with far inferior players for years, who seem to be unable to develop in any meaningful way...).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"BAM Revert To Original Plan With Launch Of New Project

Monday, Sep 23 2013"... Now what?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by davlee View Post
    "BAM Revert To Original Plan With Launch Of New Project
    Monday, Sep 23 2013"... Now what?
    Yes. Everything back to square after LCW threatening ! The next thing is TAM quit from BAM....

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Courtesy of The Star :

BAM revert to original plan with launch of new project By RAJES PAUL
    The Badminton Association of Malaysia president Tengku Tan Sri Mahaleel Tengku Ariff having a word with doubles shuttler Koo Kien Keat.

KUALA LUMPUR: Some cheers and smiles were back in the coaching stable of the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) on Monday after another round of change.

All the national coaches were reinstated in their original positions as BAM launched their new project – Project Win-Win – with the aim of becoming champions in the Olympic Games, Thomas Cup, Asian Games, World Championships and Commonwealth Games.

The BAM also decided not to proceed with the plan to form Teams A, B and C, which caused some uneasiness among the coaches as many were moved around. Instead, they will stick to just one national team.

Most of the Bukit Jalil Sports School (BJSS) coaches, who were earlier promoted to the national team, have been sent back to the school programme.

The national team will be headed by Talent Management Group (TMG) director Tan Aik Mong and assisted by assessor Razif Sidek.

The coaches are Tey Seu Bock and Hendrawan (men’s singles), Paulus Firman and Pang Cheh Chang (men’s doubles), Wong Tat Meng, Ronny Agustinus, Woon Sze Mei (women’s singles), Rosman Razak and Chin Eei Hui (women’s doubles), Jeremy Gan and Wong Pei Tty (mixed doubles).

Only Ronny, Cheh Chang, Sze Mei and Pei Tty are from the BJSS set-up.

Yesterday, BAM president Tengku Tan Sri Mahaleel Tengku Ariff, who spent more than six hours to explain, empower and motivate the coaches over the new initiatives, said that it was time to turn over a new leaf.

“We had a good session where all the coaches gave their inputs today.

“We launched Project Win-Win and the coaches have a challenging job to produce winners in these upcoming major tournaments – Thomas Cup Finals, World Cham*pionships, Common*wealth Games and Asian Games next year,” said Tengku Mahaleel.

Mahaleel said that the coaches were given a big role to contribute. “We gave the coaches the opportunity to choose where they can contribute the best and they voluntarily did. Some of them have gone back to BJSS and some back to the national team. There are no more different teams,” he said.

“During the meeting, the coaches also ranked their players from No. 1-5. Together, they also identified four potential world champions. We will be focusing on these players.

“The coaches also gave names of potential players outside of BAM and we will call these players to attend matchplays with the national team and give them the opportunity to represent the country if they are good enough. This will be an ongoing process.”

When asked whether Rashid Sidek would be recalled for the national team now that the system has changed again, Mahaleel said: “We have to wait for the findings over his contract with Indian Badminton League (IBL).

“It will be presented to the council. It will be up to the council to make a decision on him – if he (Rashid) wants to join the national team again.”

Rashid quit the national team on Thursday because he was not comfortable working under the new coaching environment at that time.

Was it a ploy to oust Rashid Sidek? or is it what we called play "masak-masak"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by forest View Post
    Yes. Everything back to square after LCW threatening ! The next thing is TAM quit from BAM....
    Let TAM quit, Mahaleel pls bring in PJB.
    Can someone tell me what TAM have actually achieved prior to his employment - are
    there any worldclass players that he had nurtured or coach or produced.
    I think with regards to world class coaching, both TAM and RS are equally mediocre!
    UBAH FOR SUCCESS - GET PJB who got 2 finalist from Japan contesting in Japan
    Open WS final despite having word class Olympics and World champions in the fray
    plus numerous potential men single players and improving double players.