User Tag List

Page 98 of 124 FirstFirst ... 48 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... LastLast
Results 1,650 to 1,666 of 2107
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by senior888 View Post
    Let TAM quit, Mahaleel pls bring in PJB.
    Can someone tell me what TAM have actually achieved prior to his employment - are
    there any worldclass players that he had nurtured or coach or produced.
    I think with regards to world class coaching, both TAM and RS are equally mediocre!
    UBAH FOR SUCCESS - GET PJB who got 2 finalist from Japan contesting in Japan
    Open WS final despite having word class Olympics and World champions in the fray
    plus numerous potential men single players and improving double players.
    PJB has also failed in his previous attempt as chief double coach in Malaysia. You think PJB is stupid ? Given BAM management system and mentality of our present batch of players, PJB know that there is no ways for him to produce world beater ! That's why he has chosen Japan instead of Malaysia !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can someone tell me what TAM have actually achieved prior to his employment - are
    I think with regards to world class coaching, both TAM and RS are equally mediocre!
    Open WS final despite having word class Olympics and World champions in the fray
    Actually TAM has adopted a continuous development quality assessment system which has been proven successful and effective in many skills training programs where we have learners (players),assessors (coaches), internal verifiers (TAM assistants) and assessment manager (TAM)!
    Also, many of the coaches have been in the present position for too long, they have been un productive and ineffective , by swapping them around, this will give the coaches new breath of air !

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

As far as I am aware, TAM's role is not as a coach...therefore, TAM's track record in coaching is an irrelevant point. His role is to look at the bigger picture which he is doing for free.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I'm PJB, I will not come unless BAM pay is equal to what Ronaldo get in Real Madrid... PJB is reaping the success of his past years works in Japan. Why leave now ? Is not it better to enjoy the fruits of your labour there...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, it is not back to square one. TAM is still the supremo and that irritates Rashid.
    I still do not understand why LCW wants to have a serious talk with BAM before making any decision. He is playing a dangerous game because the new change-over his none of his business. Doesn't he realize that he is leaving behind a nation on the verge of extinction? He should forget about helping coaches close to him and should instead take the position of 'what would I do if I have absolute power to bring Malaysian badminton to be no.1'? Do you thinks he can think out of the box of a player and into a supremo?
    Has he ever considered taking TAM's role? The view from the top is very different from the view at the players/coaches lower level.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    No, it is not back to square one. TAM is still the supremo and that irritates Rashid.
    I still do not understand why LCW wants to have a serious talk with BAM before making any decision. He is playing a dangerous game because the new change-over is none of his business. Doesn't he realize that he is leaving behind a nation on the verge of extinction? He should forget about helping coaches close to him and should instead take the position of 'what would I do if I have absolute power to bring Malaysian badminton to be no.1'? Do you think he can think out of the box of a player and into a supremo?
    Has he ever considered taking TAM's role? The view from the top is very different from the view at the players/coaches lower level.
    Corrected version.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheung View Post
    As far as I am aware, TAM's role is not as a coach...therefore, TAM's track record in coaching is an irrelevant point. His role is to look at the bigger picture which he is doing for free.
    totally agree.

TAM is in the best position to command the ship. his rice bowl is not dependant on being nice to any parties so he can get down to business and run the show without any distractions.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like the circus is back in town. The new BAM president has pulled his total support for TAM, forcing the latter to quit. Obviously, it is back to the old ways. It is one step forward and two steps backward.
    Obviously, BAM does not have a boss who can think out of the box or the guts to do what is to be done to save Malaysian badminton.
    Perhaps there is some hidden hand, a very powerful and maybe political one, that is at play.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sigh...lost for words.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

What the.....?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Surprise surprise....
    Change and Malaysia does not belong in the same sentence!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Indeed a sad day for malaysia. The changes I'm looking forward to is not happening. Sad sad sad... Looks like bam has taken 2 steps back

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a joke...I guess LCW might have played some role in this fiasco.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No doubt datuklee is involve. He must had called the woman sitting at his side during his wedding...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    If that is what LCW feels, then he can leave. Nobody is indispensable. Either he is blind to not seeing the rot in the system and the bleak future facing Malaysian badminton or he is such a spoiled child that wants all the goodies/attention go his way and pittance go to his teammates, and in cohort with Rashid.
    LCW may be gifted and a baddy child prodigy, he should remember that BAM putting all their resources in him, at the expense of his teammates, that he got to play so many SS to a point it was mentioned that he played too many of them to risk injury. How many SS or gold did his other teammates got to play e.g. TCS, CKB, etc.? And we expect them to become world beaters?
    For RM20M annual budget, LCW and KKK/TBH played the lion share of international baddy, you better be good if you played so many times against the INA, DEN and CHN boys. If TAM/Tengku did not get to run BAM, I fret the fate of the 2 juniors under the previous BAM groupie's and Rashid's control, would they be another TCS? Another wasted talents? Probably.
    LCW may be a great baddy player, I shudder to think what a politician he would be on his reaction to the press on Rashid quiting. He should have keep his thoughts quiet and dealt with TAM/Tengku in private assuming he is really foolish not to see what the heck is going on.
    Rashid quit is the best thing to happen as BAM heads to rebuilding Malaysian badminton. If one of the 3 stooges sat in the coach chair as LCW coach in JO13, that stooge would be credited with LCW's win and gotten the bonus. LCW put on a clinic dissecting NTM in SF without RS/TSB. As I said LCW will win for you, he makes your job easy, you might as well sleep and yawn, and by the time you wake up, you got the bonus cheque and another win in your coaching resume. If Rashid thinks he is such a great coach and contributor, I like to see which country will pursue him to be head coach now that Rashid, the Great Contributor to MAS badminton, is available. Please sign him.
    Do you think the coach' responsability is to sit in the court' corner during the matches and utter two or three sentenes at mid-games interval? This is nothing, of course LCW can beat NTM without such help.
    LCW' style evolved since 2009, being much more agressive then what it was. I beleive the coaching was partly responsible for that.
    Beside training, coaches also have a strong responsability in motivating the players and giving them self-beleive. On this basis you can criticize or honour LCW's coaches.
    i am not familiar with Malaysian badminton, but in all the comments i read here, I can understand the difficulties. You guys only talk politics. i see very few comments regarding the concrete badminton issues. It probably reflect the way BAM is working inside.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SibugiChai View Post
    No doubt datuklee is involve. He must had called the woman sitting at his side during his wedding...
    Dont blame LCW - the buck stops at Mahaleel for being spineless - or maybe
    he has managed to coax PJB over as suggested!
    Also TAM screwed himself for lacking management skills - typical of computer
    geeks.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by forest View Post
    Yes. Everything back to square after LCW threatening ! The next thing is TAM quit from BAM....
    KUALA LUMPUR: Tan Aik Mong has quit as the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) Talent Management Group (TMG) director after just 18 days in the job.

The former international said on Tuesday that the job, which he had carried out voluntarily, had become untenable following the BAM’s decision to revert all his changes to their original structure.

“I was called by BAM president Tengku Tan Sri Mahaleel Tengku Ariff to assist him in implementing changes and plans to revive Malaysia’s badminton. As all these changes and plans have now been reverted to the original structure, my involvement is no longer necessary,” said Aik Mong on Tuesday.

The 63-year-old started his job earnestly on Sept 7. The whole of BAM was behind him. And he was given full mandate to hire and fire.

But there were rumblings on the ground over the changes and former computer analyst Aik Mong’s approach did not go down well with some of the coaches. And his decision to break the national team into three groups – Teams A, B and C – also caused uneasiness and tension among the coaches and players.

He had also promoted and demoted some of the coaches and the appointments of Razif Sidek, Tan Kim Her and Koay Kar Lin as his assistants were also questioned. His plans for the national ranking tournament, which required the doubles players to have a singles ranking and vice versa, was also not well received.

Singles coach Rashid Sidek was the first to react. He quit on Thursday, saying the coaches were treated like second-class citizens and he did not enjoy the working environment any more.

On Monday, Tengku Mahaleel, in an effort to defuse the situation, had a six-hour meeting with all the national coaches and decided to do away with Aik Mong’s plan of forming the three teams. He also reinstated all the coaches in their original positions and formed only one national team.

Aik Mong, however, refused to delve further into his reason for quitting.

When pressed for more comments, Aik Mong said: “Tengku Mahaleel knows about my quit decision. That is all that I can say for now.”

http://www.thestar.com.my/Sport/Badm...-director.aspx