User Tag List

Page 99 of 124 FirstFirst ... 49 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... LastLast
Results 1,667 to 1,683 of 2107
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lee Chong Wei decides to help a coach he is buddy-buddy with and close to rather than save Malaysia badminton. What a disgrace! I lost all respect for him.

Because of people who buckle under the pressure of others, Malaysia badminton will sink even lower and after LCW retires we probably won't win a single Super Series title for years until another player can pull off another Liew Daren in the absence of top players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SibugiChai View Post
    No doubt datuklee is involve. He must had called the woman sitting at his side during his wedding...
    Tengku's project win win sounds creepily sir to the infamous "you help me i help you"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More dramas unfold.. this time TAM call it quits.. With all these hassles, the whole BAM is going haywire. IMO, MALAYSIA badminton cannot further improve if they still sticks to the current management style and it looked like this sport are more towards politics.. This is total rubbish and nonsense. Feel sad for this sport in Malaysia.
    Last edited by george@chongwei; 09-24-2013 at 10:51 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by forest View Post
    PJB has also failed in his previous attempt as chief double coach in Malaysia. You think PJB is stupid ? Given BAM management system and mentality of our present batch of players, PJB know that there is no ways for him to produce world beater ! That's why he has chosen Japan instead of Malaysia !
    We need LI YONG BO!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by senior888 View Post
    Dont blame LCW - the buck stops at Mahaleel for being spineless - or maybe
    he has managed to coax PJB over as suggested!
    Also TAM screwed himself for lacking management skills - typical of computer
    geeks.
    i dont think tengku nor tam are willing to be c4-ed... after all there is a powerful woman sapporking datuklee

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Also TAM screwed himself for lacking management skills - typical of computer
    geeks.
    Imo you hit the nail squarely on the head.

Players and coaches are still human, and have feelings and emotions and pride. He may have the ultimate authority and best of intentions and plans (who knows, it may have worked), but he can't go around within 2 wks of his new job making changes as easily as he thinks like swapping a hard drive or upgrading a router.

Rexy must be so glad he left.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well done
    so as well let nadzmi do the president again!
    hehe
    we will going downhill again(just like the economy),hehe.
    since 2010 where we lost to japan and thailand
    to 2013 we lost to german and chinese taipei.
    no worry,even uganda can beat malaysia in the very near future.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Total disarray. There must be an invisible hand at work. TAM got out and gave a good reason.

Rashid trying to worm his way back in.

http://www.thestar.com.my/Sport/Badm...AM-return.aspx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well... Li Mao out. Misbun out. Rexy out. Former promising juniors out. Malaysia badminton as a whole out.

the only thing continues to be in appears to be Rashid

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by renbo View Post
    Do you think the coach' responsability is to sit in the court' corner during the matches and utter two or three sentenes at mid-games interval? This is nothing, of course LCW can beat NTM without such help.
    LCW' style evolved since 2009, being much more agressive then what it was. I beleive the coaching was partly responsible for that.
    Beside training, coaches also have a strong responsability in motivating the players and giving them self-beleive. On this basis you can criticize or honour LCW's coaches.
    i am not familiar with Malaysian badminton, but in all the comments i read here, I can understand the difficulties. You guys only talk politics. i see very few comments regarding the concrete badminton issues. It probably reflect the way BAM is working inside.

You don't get the subtle message in my post.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    once upon a time,mister A live in a small country where the king like to listen to a band of musician.
    mister A cant earn any living so he decide to join the band of musician. his life become easy since then.
    one day,the king passed away and replace by his son.
    the new king like to listen solo,mister A know that he will get exposed that he cant play any instrument,so he decide to ran away.
    Hahahaha
    This story is familiar and applies to many govt departments, ministries, sports associations in Malaysia Bolehland

Quote Originally Posted by M3Series View Post
    Greediness is what I can see clearly for Malaysian coaches and players at the moment. IBL, CBSL, Axiata, what's next ? Those contracts issues seems small matters to me. Mahaleel shouldn't bring that up.

But I can't agree more when he said about LCW's predecessors. The ratio of win-lose for players under rashid isn't that impressive to be compared of '10+ experience as a coach'. Honestly, your 10+ years of coaching hasn't been fruitful , Rashid. Getting tired of your **** bro.
    Agree. By bringing it up he is just making himself look bad and throwing spotlight on his band of apple polishing incompetent administrators who did not say anything when all the players/coaches were playing in IBL

Quote Originally Posted by nokh88 View Post
    Courtesy of The Star : http://www.thestar.com.my/Sport/Badm...Chong-Wei.aspx

Coaches get instructions, no warning letter for Chong Wei
    Another U-turn by BAM. First they threaten all sorts of thing like warning letter. Then now they withdraw. They should not have threaten warning letter in first place. Last thing they want to be is become like FAM trying to be dictatorial and dictate what people can say

Quote Originally Posted by mafan View Post
    (Discussion about his resignation from BAM)

0.04 One of the reasons I resigned as coach was that I was not comfortable with the new administrationís way of doing things. My coaching methods are being analyzed, and all the things I was formerly able to do when coaching the players are now being restricted. This gives me much concern and affects how I do my job. So, I had to resign. I think this is the best way to deal with the situation.

1:01 The way they treat the coaches is as if we are inexperienced and just entered the coaching field when in reality we are experienced coaches. I have been coaching for more than ten years and there are others with, for example, 13 years, 11 years, or 5 years of coaching experience. It was difficult for them to accept the viewpoints which we presented to them. They proceeded to do things their way and to them, their way is the best way.
    If he had really performed and produced top world class player then he has nothing to fear about another manager questioning his coaching abilities. Obviously he has little self confidence of his coaching abilities and afraid that he will be exposed for incompetence by checks and assessment by TAM and Razif, he quickly run first before it is too late. He is just an opportunist capitalising on Misbun and later TSB hard work in grooming LCW into world class player. He took over at right time when Misbun quit and he just went along for easy RM10K to RM50K salary per month. He did not have to do much hard work and can afford to yawn cos TSB do all the coaching stuff on LCW. He should have been fired long time ago. Good riddance to bad rubbish

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    Looks like the circus is back in town. The new BAM president has pulled his total support for TAM, forcing the latter to quit. Obviously, it is back to the old ways. It is one step forward and two steps backward.
    Obviously, BAM does not have a boss who can think out of the box or the guts to do what is to be done to save Malaysian badminton.
    Perhaps there is some hidden hand, a very powerful and maybe political one, that is at play.
    To call it quits in 18 days dealing with this circus,TAM must be a good person that an Angel is looking out for him and providing him with an early exit for such a thankless job, that is the way I see it. Happy retiring or back to the real world, take a step back and see BAM falling apart, and sadly, it will fall apart.
    Change is needed to overhaul BAM, what you posted I am in complete agreement, sad that Tengku capitulated to politics, a very powerful arm over Tengku's shoulder.
    My sympathy to the 2 very promising MS and 1 MD juniors, another talents prolly end up in the 'Recyle Bin' just like the rest of the casualties.
    I have read Eagelhelang previous post with comments from Malaysians blasting TAM/Tengku for their proposed changes. I have 1 word for them; 13 years, well over RM100M invested at BAM and plenty of promising juniors came and gone, all MAS has is a 31 year old spoiled player and soon to be over-the-hill, and a team (forget about the women side) that is at best a Tier 2 level. Don't they get it?
    Once your WR1 is done and richly retired, despite Tengku saying to have a team to win honors in Myanmar SEA games and 4 majors, I think your team will be lucky to even qualify for TC.
    A Form 3 failure, progressed to WR1 baddy player, received a Datukship, just because you are a Datuk does not qualify you for job that you are way over your head, and being in BAM for 10+ years and not able to see the decay in the system tells me either you are blind or could not care less except for your self interest.
    CHN, KOR, JAP, THAI and INA are heading in the right directions, despite less funding per population than Malaysia, their success is their head coach is empowered to run the system, not the system running the head coach.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First we have a new President (good sign), then an ex national player became the Director knowing he would have the support from organization (cool....), after that Rashid quit quoting his services not appreciated (thinking you guys suck). New President then stepped in to restore original plan (players and coaches, be stay relaxed) , TAM turns to tenders his resignation (what the heck.....). Rashid now reconsiders joining BAM (some twist and turn).

This is the most exciting drama of any Badminton organization in the world, even better than 2013 Emmy award winners.

Maybe HBO should start producing a show based on BAM history and power play.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by forest View Post
    Yes. Everything back to square after LCW threatening ! The next thing is TAM quit from BAM....
    As expected, many U-Turns.
    U -Turn on warning letter to LCW
    U -Turn on coaching structure now back to status quo
    Next U-Turn is probably jaguh kampung coming back after TAM resigned earlier and there was speculation that jaguh kampung may be returning

Let TAM quit, Mahaleel pls bring in PJB.
    Can someone tell me what TAM have actually achieved prior to his employment - are
    there any worldclass players that he had nurtured or coach or produced.
    I think with regards to world class coaching, both TAM and RS are equally mediocre!
    UBAH FOR SUCCESS - GET PJB who got 2 finalist from Japan contesting in Japan
    Open WS final despite having word class Olympics and World champions in the fray
    plus numerous potential men single players and improving double players.
    Don't be mistaken. TAM is not the coach or the talent scout. He is the planner/organizational fixer/manager. His job is not to hands on groom and do coaching. His role is to put in place the systems, benchmarks, best practices that will facilitate the production of world class players. The skill sets to do his job is quite different from the skill sets of a top coach.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    Imo you hit the nail squarely on the head.

Players and coaches are still human, and have feelings and emotions and pride. He may have the ultimate authority and best of intentions and plans (who knows, it may have worked), but he can't go around within 2 wks of his new job making changes as easily as he thinks like swapping a hard drive or upgrading a router.

Rexy must be so glad he left.
    There were wide sweeping changes in PBSI rather recently

The rot had got so bad that TAM needed to perform a drastic change. Nothing has changed. Even KKK and TBH look like they are still together.

Arguments aside, BAM outcomes are extremely poor and the coaches have to shoulder a large portion of that responsibility.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    Looks like the circus is back in town. The new BAM president has pulled his total support for TAM, forcing the latter to quit. Obviously, it is back to the old ways. It is one step forward and two steps backward.
    Obviously, BAM does not have a boss who can think out of the box or the guts to do what is to be done to save Malaysian badminton.
    Perhaps there is some hidden hand, a very powerful and maybe political one, that is at play.
    Yes a few powerful hands http://www.bernama.com/bernama/v7/bm....php?id=980011
    Quote Originally Posted by SibugiChai View Post
    No doubt datuklee is involve. He must had called the woman sitting at his side during his wedding...
    Hahahaha that is a good one. Cracked me up. At first I was thinking you were referring to his wife Mew Choo but I tot she cannot be that super powerful mah.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by terranova View Post
    Yes a few powerful hands http://www.bernama.com/bernama/v7/bm....php?id=980011

Hahahaha that is a good one. Cracked me up. At first I was thinking you were referring to his wife Mew Choo but I tot she cannot be that super powerful mah.
    Don't be so sure....wait till she goes on strike