User Tag List

Page 2 of 122 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 52 102 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry to be contrarian, but I don't believe we've ever had an "inordinate" amount of world class players to be honest. I define "world class" to be someone who is consistent over a period of a few years, at least, and winning some major tournaments. It was more sporadic in our case. I just think the playing field is more level now, with other countries having caught up as well. Witness Thailand and Japan, for instance. Rashid Sidek (notice I'm just going back to the 80s and 90s here) was plagued with injuries, but seriously could have won more titles. Cheah Soon Kit et al had their flashes of brilliance but I didn't think were consistent enough, and certainly never duplicated Razif/Jalani's success. Misbun won two or three titles, or what could be called Super Series titles now. Foo Kok Keong won the Asian Championships, but never the AE. Hafiz had a flash in the pan brilliance in the 2003 AE but was relatively mediocre after that. World class? I think it's just the Datuk and KKK/TBH at the moment. In the 80s and 90s? Probably just Jalani/Razif and maybe Rashid. Incidentally all the great successes came in the Eighties and Nineties when Han Jian was still coach.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Voltric View Post
    .........Rashid Sidek (notice I'm just going back to the 80s and 90s here) was plagued with injuries, but seriously could have won more titles. Cheah Soon Kit et al had their flashes of brilliance but I didn't think were consistent enough, and certainly never duplicated Razif/Jalani's success. Misbun won two or three titles, or what could be called Super Series titles now. Foo Kok Keong won the Asian Championships, but never the AE. Hafiz had a flash in the pan brilliance in the 2003 AE but was relatively mediocre after that. World class? I think it's just the Datuk and KKK/TBH at the moment. In the 80s and 90s? Probably just Jalani/Razif and maybe Rashid. Incidentally all the great successes came in the Eighties and Nineties when Han Jian was still coach.
    I suppose CSK/YKH's OG silver medal doesnt count? Razif/Jailani won the bronze & of course the AE.
    Plus 1992 TC, CSK, Razif, Jailani, Rashid.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow National interest my foot!

Quote Originally Posted by eRa@에라 View Post
    What can we do? There must be a way to reform this organization... the stupidity and ignorance are taking its toll on my brain... National interest my foot! Wish I could tell that on those faces residing in the CTC as well as the what-are-you? president.
    Yes, it is National interest my foot!

Players' interest is of lesser importance for BAM.

No wonder MAS players are getting disillusioned.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Too many clowns on the ground. Might as well cut some heads and save some tax payers money? What is the CTC KPI??

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default How unprofessional can a National Association get?

In today's world your website becomes one of your primary weapons, and means to communicate with the world, to and influence them and to promote your message. Do the bigwigs at BAM actually need telling?????

9.21pm here in Toronto, May 25. Almost exactly 2 full days after my last post on this subject. Guess what? Nothing's changed.

http://www.bam.org.my/

Bandwidth Limit Exceeded
    The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.
    I don't know about any of you guys, but this just tells me about the depth of the problem in the organisation, the lack of communication inside, and the lack of accountability and responsibility.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow BAM won't be listening to us, BCers

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    In today's world your website becomes one of your primary weapons, and means to communicate with the world, to and influence them and to promote your message. Do the bigwigs at BAM actually need telling?????

9.21pm here in Toronto, May 25. Almost exactly 2 full days after my last post on this subject. Guess what? Nothing's changed.

I don't know about any of you guys, but this just tells me about the depth of the problem in the organisation, the lack of communication inside, and the lack of accountability and responsibility.
    I think that we BCers need to understand that BAM is functioning for Malaysia's 'National interest's sake, and not for our BCers' sake.

Therefore, BAM won't be listening to us, BCers.
    Last edited by chris-ccc; 05-25-2011 at 08:56 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd be happy to donate some of my own money to host BAM's website. But before I part with my money, let's talk about some KPIs ...

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Voltric View Post
    I'd be happy to donate some of my own money to host BAM's website. But before I part with my money, let's talk about some KPIs ...
    The way I understand it, BAM is funded at least partially (and indirectly) by the taxpayer's money. So if you are an honest, hardworking citizen of Malaysia, you may already have contributed to the website costs of BAM.

which brings us to the issue of transparency and accountability in public offices... usually identifiable by the lack of these attributes thereof...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow BAM is only concerned about their objectives/goals

Let us be honest: BAM was set up for the Badminton activities in Malaysia (for their national players within their structure).

BAM is only concerned about their objectives/goals.

Now that some MAS players are wishing to play Badminton independently, BAM is not interested in them.
    Last edited by chris-ccc; 05-26-2011 at 12:50 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe it's time to set up the Professional Malaysian Badminton Players Association to safeguard their interests.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bandwidth Limit STILL Exceeded

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Defeat raises more worries

From an article in NST:

If BAM is not careful, there is a possibility that only Chong Wei, Kien Keat-Boon Heong and possibly Peng Soon-Liu Ying would make the cut to the London Olympics.

The Sudirman Cup is not a priority for Malaysia but it has exposed the shuttlers' weaknesses, and singles coach Rashid Sidek and Rexy have their work cut out upon returning from Qingdao.
    I find that last sentence especially interesting! What gave the reporter the impression that such an important team event like the SC is not a priority for Malaysia?

Full story: http://www.nst.com.my/nst/articles/5...e/article_html

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LCW has repeatedly announcing his retirement after OG 2012, and BAM will be in turmoil...

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post

my friend,bam need to pay millions for their coach per year,not include the management.
    while what i know is their sponsorship per year is about rm 5 million
    i think they just dont have money to pay for their website
    no worry
    they might just announce bankrupt in one or 2 years
    lol

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

About a month ago, the Sports Minister had declared,
    "If Misbun chose not to accept the offer, I need to know the details and need it soon. ...
    ...I was made to understand that Misbun's task will be to produce many more Lee Chong Wei's for the future and I feel it is a fair request."

Presumably he was given the details. There has been a strange silence from him and BAM ever since on this subject.

I am bringing this up because it appears there is a big lack of accountability at BAM. We were used to all the bigwigs making statements and predictions and outlining ideas and action plans and programmes with great regularity. Maybe even warning non-performers with consequences... And all of a sudden, we have this silence. No regular press releases or updates; no announcements; no chatty sound bites; only Rashid making a few lame remarks to the press at a tournament. For an association whose bigwigs have been so vocal for so long, this is all a bit strange. And it would appear the minister has kinda lost interest in BAM...

And of course, no website! At all!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you all may like this page as you want...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Downfa...19403501427793

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ngkt67 View Post
    you all may like this page as you want...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Downfa...19403501427793
    thanks for the link,

It shows beside bc members there are also others questioning bam

BTW, anybody still remember cooler?

Thats his new nest ...

Page 2 of 122 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 52 102 ... LastLast