User Tag List

Page 76 of 124 FirstFirst ... 26 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,292 of 2107
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by soulpx View Post
    @eaglehelang, why poor? i dont understand.
    Because I think Tan Wee Gleen is good and Lufti is only so so. Msia's failure at WJC in my opinion was not due to TWG as he is the best among his batch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MHC, TKS's futures are ruined.
    Lutfi is so-so imo. I always thought Tan Wee Gieen was decent, it is unfair to say that it is his fault that MAS couldn't defend WJC. I think he was the only decent MD player in his whole batch. But he did underperform in XD with Chow Mei Kuan though.
    I am totally not impressed with Chooi/Ow so far. I thought Ow was great but so far both of them seem to underperform all the time.
    Nelson/Teo can give them until the end of this year to show improvement

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    Because I think Tan Wee Gleen is good and Lufti is only so so. Msia's failure at WJC in my opinion was not due to TWG as he is the best among his batch
    i see.. just ask because i dont know him.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Zakry-Fairuzizuan to go all out for Guangzhou ticket

Friday February 8, 2013

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.a...039&sec=sports

Excerpts:

...A country can have a maximum of three pairs in the world meet if all of them are ranked in the top 24 bracket by the end of April. Malaysia have five pairs in the top 24.

...Two years ago, BAM dropped professionals Teik Chai-Tan Bin Shen, although the duo had qualified on merit, to accommodate their own national players.

This time, BAM coaching and training chairman Ng Chin Chai has made it clear that only those who had qualified on merit would get to go.

...Said Fairuzizuan: It is good to have this healthy rivalry as it keeps everyone on his toes. Anything can happen at this stage. The pairs ahead of us can slip up in their rankings and we can move up. We are not giving up until the end.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well
    we may have another saga again like the previous wc(gan/tan case

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Look's like Nadzmi's chance of being BWF president is rather slim. He only has the support of 2 other badminton federations (Macau and Korea) as seconders, despite all the talks that he has the support of MANY other federations.

Meanwhile, the front-runner, Paul Erik Hoyer Larsen has 52 seconders, while Justian Suhandinata of Indonesia has 24!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if he won
    it was the dooms day for badminton.
    wakaka.
    he should go back and do his business,not badminton

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would vote for Paul Erik Hoyar Larsen. The Danes are reputed to have the highest integrity and the country are well known to be one of the least corrupt nation in the world.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by badMania View Post
    Look's like Nadzmi's chance of being BWF president is rather slim. He only has the support of 2 other badminton federations (Macau and Korea) as seconders, despite all the talks that he has the support of MANY other federations.

Meanwhile, the front-runner, Paul Erik Hoyer Larsen has 52 seconders, while Justian Suhandinata of Indonesia has 24!
    No wonder Harian Metro reported that Datuk Nadzmi has been approached not to stand for the election and give way to INA's Justin so that the Asia votes will not be divided. So actually its cos Nadzmi didnt get many supporters.

Personally, I'll like to see Paul Hoyer be President,at least he has passion for the sports and less of the politics

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's all just a 'wayang kulit window dressing' to focus your attention away from the failures of BAM admin.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by badMania View Post

Just Macau and Korea? What about LI yong Bo and his CBA team? During Mas Open, he was saying nadzmi has his FULL support to become the bwf president.. LOL

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    Just Macau and Korea? What about LI yong Bo and his CBA team? During Mas Open, he was saying nadzmi has his FULL support to become the bwf president.. LOL
    dont you know his nickname is big mouth?hehe

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

BAM must act, says Chong Wei
    By Fabian Peter | Sports247.my

http://news.yahoo.com/bam-must-act--...053745356.html

Excerpts:

WORLD No. 1 Lee Chong Wei has urged the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) to take drastic action after the Malaysian team flopped at the just concluded All England Open.

...BAM must review every department to see what really went wrong in Birmingham, and try to rectify it, said Chong Wei, who arrived home this morning.

Its an important year, we got the Sudirman Cup this May, and next year weve got the Thomas Cup, Asian and Commonwealth Games. All important team events.I will also sit with my coaches, to see what was wrong with my game. I hope to bounce back at my next tournament.

The nine-time Malaysia Open champion added: It just wasnt my day when I played Chen Long (China) in the final. He was the better player on that day. It was frustrating for me.

He is now one of my strongest opponents after Lin Dan.

...The 31-year-old will take a few days off before resuming training

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have sent this feedback to the editor@sports247.my of the said article.

There is no hope for BAM as it is stricken with cancer. The whole body is cancerous from top down. Nothing can be done unless they change the whole management. They say too many cooks spoils the broth. But the situation is worst than that. None of them are cooks. Those that are cooks are not given power. Hopeless case. First person to go should be Nadzmi.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pakito View Post
    I have sent this feedback to the editor@sports247.my of the said article.

There is no hope for BAM as it is stricken with cancer. The whole body is cancerous from top down. Nothing can be done unless they change the whole management. They say too many cooks spoils the broth. But the situation is worst than that. None of them are cooks. Those that are cooks are not given power. Hopeless case. First person to go should be Nadzmi.
    agreed!!
    To change the whole management is to change the whole government, because they are totally related...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Star Online >
    Monday March 25, 2013
    Malaysias Nadzmi pulls out of race for BWF hotseat

By RAJES PAUL

KUALA LUMPUR: In the spirit of Asian solidarity, Datuk Nadzmi Mohd Salleh (pic) has withdrawn from standing for the Badminton World Federation (BWF)s president post.

The 59-year-old Nadzmi, who is the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) president, made this announcement yesterday after receiving a surprise visit from his challenger Justian Suhandinata of Indonesia at his residence.

The decision also comes a day after Nadzmi accepted his appointment as the Badminton Asian Confederation (BAC) acting president.

The All-Indonesia Badminton Association (PBSI) president Justian is the other candidate for the BWFs top post.

He will now be the only Asian in the race to beat his challenger the Badminton Europe president Poul-Erik Hoyer-Larsen of Denmark at the May 18 election during the Sudirman Cup in Kuala Lumpur.

Nadzmi said that by backing out, the Asian vote would not be split.

It was a surprise to receive a visit from Justian. He came to congratulate me for my appointment as the BACs acting president, said Nadzmi.

He also wanted to know my stand about the BWFs election as he wanted to start his campaigning.

I had been contemplating about this matter (about the BWFs election) and after Justians visit, I decided to withdraw. It is the best decision.

Nadzmis decision was also supported by the fact that running the BAC would be a challenging task.

The situations is not in order in the BAC and it will require me to do a lot of work. We have to look into the welfare, unity and solidarity among Asian countries. For now, it is best that I focus on this responsibility, he said.

Nadzmi said that as the BACs acting president, he would give his complete support to the 66-year-old Justians campaign.

He is a BWFs council member and is experienced. In fact, he has done his homework well and is prepared for this election. As the BACs acting president, he will get my full support, said Nadzmi.

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.a...439&sec=sports

Politics in sports looks alive and well

Page 76 of 124 FirstFirst ... 26 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... LastLast