User Tag List

Page 90 of 125 FirstFirst ... 40 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... LastLast
Results 1,514 to 1,530 of 2117
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheung View Post
    Totally agree on the bolded part. I would guess 3 to 4 years.

I wonder when an independent auditor will come in and examine the accounts Just waiting for that little bombshell to come through.
    TAM has 5 yrs timeline as he said so himself. I am thinking if TAM has a real rewarding career all along and when he should be retiring yet take up this stressful task, I give TAM the benefit of any doubts that he sincerely wants to do what's right and not strictly for the cash, but let's see (I am optimistic but pessimistic at the same time). If I am wrong about TAM, then it is all over again. But so far, as I read the media news, it sounds hopeful. I particularly like the 2 MS juniors. I saw ZZ played, I am not particularly thrilled about him, even though he won that big junior title.

Those clowns before TAM who have no playing qualifications/competence, no visions other than connections are there for the money and no surprise that BAM is what it is today. What is amazing is these chaps can stay on for so darn long with no accountability and continue to rule like a dictator. What idiots would push out Rexy who brought the gold in AE and AG? And look what Rexy did in INA in a very short period of time. Those clowns cannot even spot talents and they are entrusted with millions RM to run this organization. Simply amazing.

BTW, I did not hear of the independent auditor thingie. I have posted previously about where the millions went. The players salary (except for KKK/TBH, LCW) are pittance. How much are those clowns paid? I really want to know but I would not be surprised if the answer shock us, but I be naive if we ever would know anyway.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The auditor was my idea

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder when an independent auditor will come in and examine the accounts Just waiting for that little bombshell to come through.
    This is Malaysia we are talking about...when people in high places commit fraud, corruption or bribery, they get rewarded by being promoted to a different government agency so they can do it all over again.

Admitting wrongdoing is considered a weakness in Malaysia!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    Limsy, where did you heared RS said national ranking is out? The Star today quoted TAM saying that is on.
    in newspaper of course,forget which one,haha

The auditor was my idea
    can i recommend myself to be the auditor?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    can i recommend myself to be the auditor?
    Post your resume.
    It's the BAM we are talking about.
    BAM cannot just anyhow employ any Tom, Dick or Harry.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nokh88 View Post
    Post your resume.
    It's the BAM we are talking about.
    BAM cannot just anyhow employ any Tom, Dick or Harry.
    not really motivated.
    beside,i need to choose between conscience and money

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    not really motivated.
    beside,i need to choose between conscience and money
    No need to choose as an auditor - just give the honest assessment and recommend areas for savings or more efficient use of finances. Nothing to do with conscience

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Faced with crisis, Malaysia revamps badminton organisational structure

http://www.sportskeeda.com/2013/09/1...ure-badminton/

EXCERPTS:

Another Asian badminton power – faced with a bleak future – has revamped its structure.

Malaysia has been confronted by dwindling fortunes in all five categories. With world No.1 Lee Chong Wei the only world-beater at their disposal, Malaysia has initiated a reform of its organisation, with its new president using his corporate experience to address the situation.

The other Asian giant to embark on a revamp was Indonesia, which overhauled its coaching set-up a year ago and was rewarded in the form of two gold medals at the World Championships in August this year.

Malaysia faces as dire a situation as Indonesia did. There are no prominent Malaysians in women’s singles and women’s doubles, and only a couple of good pairs in men’s doubles and mixed doubles. The presence of Lee Chong Wei gives them an appearance of good health in men’s singles, but there is no back-up player good enough to replace him. This was conceded by coach Rashid Sidek, who told Malaysian media on his return from the Indian Badminton League that India, in fact, had greater depth than Malaysia.

Malaysian badminton’s revamp started with the assuming of office of new BAM president Tengku Tan Sri Mahaleel Tengku Ariff on July 27. The president first met various stakeholders, including the media, players, sponsors and coaches, before announcing his plans.Tengku Mahaleel, who was formerly CEO of automobile major Proton Holdings, has brought in his corporate experience to badminton.

Among his significant decisions was to announce a five-year strategic plan and the restructuring of Badminton Association of Malaysia into two main divisions – Talent Management Group (TMG) and Service Support Group (SSG). The BAM earlier had a more elaborate set-up consisting of an executive committee and seven sub-committees.

Tengku Mahaleel also brought in a popular name of yesteryear badminton – Tan Aik Mong, who, apart from his experience as a top international during the 1960s and 1970s, has had a career in IT.

Tan Aik Mong will be director of the Talent Management Group, while the Service Support Group will be headed by general manager Kenny Goh. Both the heads of the two groups will be monitored by a ‘steering committee’ under Tengku Mahaleel.

Tan Aik Mong, with his IT experience, is expected to usher in technological reform, such as the introduction of an audio-visual analytical system. The Star newspaper quoted Tengku Mahaleel as saying that the heads of the two groups would be held responsible for performance of national shuttlers.

“The steering committee will hold both Aik Mong and Kenny totally responsible,” the president was quoted as saying. “If their group fails, they will be chopped. It is how the corporate world does it. If they do well, their teams will be rewarded… In the past, we used to have too many leaders calling the shots but now, we have reduced it to only two.

“In the past, the development committee did not know what the competition committee wanted and vice versa. Now, they do not exist. We have de-layered all the units in BAM and we will not have people confused of their roles.”

Malaysia’s revamp is reminiscent of Indonesia’s a year ago under PBSI’s new chairman Gita Wirjawan. A crucial part of his approach was to get former greats on board, with doubles legend Rexy Mainaky heading the coaching committee.

Once i read this, i just wanted to share this article.. BAM is moving in the right direction?? Limsy can explain this better...

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No need to choose as an auditor - just give the honest assessment and recommend areas for savings or more efficient use of finances. Nothing to do with conscience
    no really. in malaysia,money can buy honest assessment.
    if i receive a nice amount of money,my recommend would be:
    higher salary to every officer/management post
    the financial status is very good,no problem and no need adjustment
    shopping trip of 30++ non athlete squad to each and every major tournament using revenue of malaysia open will bring greater return for bam.

bam surely will be happy with this and i will be happy with my money

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Then you had better choose me to be a non-earning auditor

Avoid conflict of interest

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NEW SET-UP: Aik Mong reshuffles the coaching structure with many taken by surprise

TALENT Management Group (TMG) director Tan Aik Mong has reshuffled the BA of Malaysia's coaching structure where most of the senior coaches have been moved to the back-up and junior squads.
    Although Aik Mong has promised not to drop any coaches, he has made some tough decisions, including abolishing the chief coach roles for singles and doubles coaches.
    Only Tan Kim Her, initially considered to be a coach at Bukit Jalil Sports School (BJSS), has been spared.
    He is set to be Aik Mong's personal assistant.
    Former national chief coach Razif Sidek will return to BAM on a voluntary basis and in charge of the national team.
    Although Rashid Sidek and Tey Seu Bock have been retained as the national men's singles coaches, they will be joined by BJSS head coach Zhao Kejian, who currently trains junior shuttlers like Soo Teck Zhi, Soong Joo Ven and Lim Chi Wing. The trio are expected to join the seniors, led by Lee Chong Wei, in training.
    The men's doubles will be helmed by Paulus Firman. The Indonesian will be assisted by Chang Kim Wah whose place in BJSS has been taken over by Chong Kein Ling.
    Women's doubles coach Rosman Razak will swap places with Wong Pei Tty, who is currently the BJSS girls' doubles coach. Wong Tat Meng is another surprise choice, returning to the junior squad as the women's singles coach. His assistant is Woon Sze Mei.
    Ronny Augustinus will take over from Tat Meng and assisted by Ng Mee Fen.
    The "biggest casualty" is Hendrawan who could find himself coaching the juniors but there are talks that the Indonesian could be in charge of the back-up team, who will be the feeder to the national team.
    Aik Mong had a series of meetings with Razif and the coaches since Monday before finalising the changes.
    Razif also had a meeting with the coaches with many of them looking disappointed but none objected to Aik Mong's decisions.
    Aik Mong refused to comment on the changes and only stated he would announce the whole structure of the national team today.
    However, Aik Mong's revamp is set to be approved by BAM president Tengku Mahaleel Tengku Ariff.
    The composition of the players in the national and junior teams will also be announced within the week.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.hmetro.com.my/myMetro/art...cle/index_html

LOL, how to justify TKH's salary if he become Tan Aik Mong's personal assistant? Doubles chief become PA, hahaha.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kick Rashid Sidek out fully. He is so passive and useless. Half the time when the camera pans to him, he is looking somewhere else other than the match at hand!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What happen to Foo Kok Keong? TAM should get him to teach our players on FIGHTING SPIRIT!
    Wheres Ong Ewe Hock? TAM should bring him to teach our players to play with confidence and
    a smile!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elisha View Post
    Kick Rashid Sidek out fully. He is so passive and useless. Half the time when the camera pans to him, he is looking somewhere else other than the match at hand!
    Quote Originally Posted by senior888 View Post
    What happen to Foo Kok Keong? TAM should get him to teach our players on FIGHTING SPIRIT!
    Wheres Ong Ewe Hock? TAM should bring him to teach our players to play with confidence and
    a smile!
    truly, we need more qualified coaches, not 'kulitfied' coaches...

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by senior888 View Post
    a smile!
    Foo Kok Keong has had his difficulties. Can fighting spirit be taught? I think it is shown by example as character plays an important part. But you have leaders who can inspire but you need the vision with an understanding how the process works.

Refer to Donabedian's Structure, process and outcome.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ngkt67 View Post
    truly, we need more qualified coaches, not 'kulitfied' coaches...
    Your BAM had them but let them leave or push them out.