User Tag List

Page 111 of 122 FirstFirst ... 11 61 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 LastLast
Results 1,871 to 1,887 of 2068
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bam lost their major sponsor,astro and maxis since their contract ended at june,2013
    in total,it was a rm 3 million annual sponsorship deal.
    aiyo,how sad,no more korea shopping trip during AG 2014 for those officer

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pakito View Post
    While I do not make claims that you had it plain and smooth sailing overseas, I do however can claim that, you made the Right decision not to come back. Malaysia, besides its barrel of laughs with comedians Harith Iskandar, is ALSO a nuclear containment of 'don't know whether to laugh or cry' chronic situations and scenarios. While you had played in outdoor courts made out of inaccurate lines, I started playing at my own backyard with friends, or should I say, 'frolic playing' behind my kitchen alley, with nets tied up between windows opposite the next door neighbour while our shuttles fell into wet drains stinking of pollutants and we picked it up right after and continued playing. The situation of wet shuttles alleviated however, when I changed to playing plastic ones - I know, horribly unnatural flight but, it saves money.
    Pak, those 'courts' I played in KL when I was a really good looking lad back then were dirt and gravel, the nearest outdoor court was the YWCA near MBS school, a long walk from where I lived. We climbed the YWCA fence to play till the jaga chased us out. Those were the days where we were innocent and really not checking out the chicks in the YWCA, only interest in playing baddy in the concrete outdoor court in the Y
    On plastic birds, we played plastic with green label (green means slow, these chaps we played with here need slooow birds) almost all the time here. My KL friends laughed hearing we play plastic. They do not know how much feather birdie costs in Canada. Also, my playing friends have terrible aim, playing feather, those chaps hit the feather than the cock, they would murder the bird in one swipe and it would cost a fortune playing feather, and a terrible sacrifice for those goose as their feather will be wasted by these chaps, Amen!
    I started with nothing in Canada, it is not smooth sailing, worked in 5 cities from projects to projects, it has been a long 30+ years filled with discipline, hard work, cautious investment and luck. As chinese said, starting is never easy. I have to thank my old wifey for without her, I would not make it today. I had delayed applying for citizenship for 11 years. I only became a citizen in 1991, a year after my daughter was born as I knew I would not go back to MAS anymore, maybe a tourist. Seeing the current events in MAS, the crime rate, etc you are correct I make the right decision to not come back. And I do love Canada for the opportunity it has given me. There is an angel guiding me even at times when I am down
    Last edited by OneToughBirdie; 11-27-2013 at 12:11 AM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tee jingyi back to bam after she meet Tengku in kelantan.
    this tengku so nice,help to raise tourist to kelantan
    koo/tan and goh/lim also went kelantan to meet Tengku before this

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    tee jingyi back to bam after she meet Tengku in kelantan.
    this tengku so nice,help to raise tourist to kelantan
    koo/tan and goh/lim also went kelantan to meet Tengku before this
    Really? They didn't come to see you too?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nokh88 View Post
    Really? They didn't come to see you too?
    yes.
    they can ask me to become taxi driver

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MAS independent ms players show their power when 3 of them are in semifinal of national circuit gp finals. meanwhile bam keep yawning

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh!rashid just planned a vacation,ops,sorry,i mean training camp for those who will compete in team event.
    wonder where they will choose,last year in hongkong,woohoo~~~

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    oh!rashid just planned a vacation,ops,sorry,i mean training camp for those who will compete in team event.
    wonder where they will choose,last year in hongkong,woohoo~~~
    Let's see. Got 3 tournaments.
    For :
    1) Thomas/Uber Cup in New Delhi - Maybe Nepal or Bhutan.
    2) Commonwealth Games in Glasgow - Maybe Iceland.
    3) Asian Games in Incheon - Maybe Siberia.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So back then your primal interest were in either the 'feathered chicks' or 'plastic chicks' huh? For your info Malaysia is having a 'kangkung' comical scenario now? See if you can find out. Best to enjoy the Niagara falls at Canada, as I think there will be another heartache for Malaysia at the coming Thomas Crown affair. Good to know that you are making it good at the land above the tropical countries.

Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    Pak, those 'courts' I played in KL when I was a really good looking lad back then were dirt and gravel, the nearest outdoor court was the YWCA near MBS school, a long walk from where I lived. We climbed the YWCA fence to play till the jaga chased us out. Those were the days where we were innocent and really not checking out the chicks in the YWCA, only interest in playing baddy in the concrete outdoor court in the Y
    On plastic birds, we played plastic with green label (green means slow, these chaps we played with here need slooow birds) almost all the time here. My KL friends laughed hearing we play plastic. They do not know how much feather birdie costs in Canada. Also, my playing friends have terrible aim, playing feather, those chaps hit the feather than the cock, they would murder the bird in one swipe and it would cost a fortune playing feather, and a terrible sacrifice for those goose as their feather will be wasted by these chaps, Amen!
    I started with nothing in Canada, it is not smooth sailing, worked in 5 cities from projects to projects, it has been a long 30+ years filled with discipline, hard work, cautious investment and luck. As chinese said, starting is never easy. I have to thank my old wifey for without her, I would not make it today. I had delayed applying for citizenship for 11 years. I only became a citizen in 1991, a year after my daughter was born as I knew I would not go back to MAS anymore, maybe a tourist. Seeing the current events in MAS, the crime rate, etc you are correct I make the right decision to not come back. And I do love Canada for the opportunity it has given me. There is an angel guiding me even at times when I am down

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

let's just talk about who will take over Lee Chong Wei first...

BUKIT JALIL: Does Malaysia have the talent in the men’s singles department to replace world No. 1 Lee Chong Wei?
    Based on last year’s results and current form, there are eight potential shuttlers. Sadly, all of them are still under the radar in the international scene.
    Six of them are Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) players – Iskandar Zulkarnain Zainuddin, Goh Soon Huat, Choong Yee Han, Tan Kian Meng, Soong Joo Ven and Soo Teck Zhi – and two independent players – Misbun Ramdan Misbun and Zulfadli Zulkifli.
    Except for Joo Ven, Yee Han and Kian Meng, the rest took part in the ongoing Maybank Malaysian Open but none cleared the qualifying tournament at the Putra Stadium on Tuesday.
    All of them put up fighting displays but still were not good enough to pull off a breakthrough.
    How much longer will it take for them to join the big league?
    China are already leaps and bounds ahead of Malaysia. So are countries like Indonesia, South Korea and even Japan, Thailand and India.
    Currently, the focus is only on Chong Wei and two others – Liew Daren and Chong Wei Feng.
    But neither Daren nor Wei Feng has been able to come close to Chong Wei’s standard despite having been in the national team for almost eight years.
    BAM had made a bold statement once, proclaiming that they have four world champions in the making. But can even one cut the mustard?
    Actually, these players can – but only if BAM take greater interest and invest heavily on them from now on.
    No more holding them back from major tournaments. No more treating them like small boys.
    They should be groomed to strike it big for the period between the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, and the 2020 Olympic Games in Tokyo.
    BAM also must not neglect the other much younger shuttlers like Cheam June Wei, R. Satheishtharan and Tan Jia Wei.
    The 31-year-old Chong Wei probably has another two good years left in him – barring any injuries. By then, this group of players should be knocking vigorously on the doors of stardom.
    But will they be ready?

http://www.thestar.com.my/Sport/Badm...eed-Chong-Wei/

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ngkt67 View Post
    let's just talk about who will take over Lee Chong Wei first...

http://www.thestar.com.my/Sport/Badm...eed-Chong-Wei/
    u should becareful with the word u choose ok,
    later u will be accused for gulingkan lcw,bam,nsc and khairy

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wrong direction since the 1st day this thread was created or even before that.
    http://www.sports247.my/2014/01/khai...ngku-mahaleel/
    MAS sport minister shooting with his AK47 and M-16 yesterday at putra tradium.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Khairy launches broadside at BAM after continuous failure

by rajes paul
    Youth and Sports Minister Khairy Jamaluddin speaking to the media after chairing the post-mortem of the Myanmar SEA Games. He wants to meet BAM next week to discuss their future.

BUKIT JALIL: Buck up, BAM!

That is the loud and clear message that Youth and Sports Minister Khairy Jamaluddin is sending to the Badminton Association of Malaysia leadership under Tengku Tan Sri Mahaleel Tengku Ariff.

On Thursday, Khairy voiced his dissatisfaction with the BAM management and players, questioning why a country with a wealth of talents still depended on just one player - world No. 1 men’s singles shuttler Lee Chong Wei.

Khairy believes that the current leadership under Tengku Mahaleel is not addressing the issue head-on.

Concerned over the lack of talents coming through the ranks, Khairy wants to meet up with Tengku Mahaleel and his team next week to discuss the future of badminton.

“Time has been given to the new leadership to make some changes but I do not see the light at the end of the tunnel just yet,” said Khairy.

“I know the new leadership tried to do something different but it is not quite working. I am very worried ... very very worried indeed.

“The players’ performances at the SEA Games has dropped. At the Malaysian Open, most of the players crashed out on the opening day. That is disappointing and (that’s why) I am here (at Putra Stadium) ... I did not plan to be here today.

“We are still depending on our ageing world No. 1 player Chong Wei, who is also my friend. That is not acceptable anymore,” he said.

Khairy listed several areas that he wants BAM to explain and clarify.

“At the management level, I am concerned that the president is holding on to too many responsibilities. I do not see the delegation of work and I am still unclear on the roles of certain committees,” he said.

Currently, Tengku Mahaleel is also the acting Talent Management Group (TMG) director following former international Tan Aik Mong’s decision to quit the post 18 days after he started in Septemter. Tengku Mahaleel is also the coaching and training committee chairman, a post previously held by the national body’s secretary Ng Chin Chai.

There is no national coaching director to hold the team together at the national level.

“Last year, we did not send many players to compete abroad. They need all the exposure if we want to depend on more than one player.

“On development, I feel that the planning by the states is still insufficient. Players are deprived of tournaments at the states. This is one of the few issues that I want to discuss with the leadership.

“I am not blaming this new leadership for the recent drop in performances; I am just expressing my concern. If we take no corrective action, this situation will continue.

“What we have in place right now is not enough. I have confidence that the current leadership can turn things around,” added Khairy.The rap on the knuckles comes just two days before the BAM council meeting, scheduled for Saturday.It will surely be a wake-up call for all the council members.

Khairy is not sleeping, I hope or he is blind.

Khairy said 'Time has been given to the new leadership to make some changes but I do not see the light at the end of the tunnel just yet'...The rot in mismanaging BAM has happened decade/years in the making and today MAS has only 1 world class but aging player to show up. Dah, am I surprised? Blame on those stooges.
    Tengku just inherited the job last year i.e. <1 year.

Khairy said '“I know the new leadership tried to do something different but it is not quite working'...Everyone who is not blind can see BAM needs wholesale changes and it will be a rebuilding process but Tengku cannot even get his plan underway as Khairy's friend LCW got pissed of because Rashid got pissed of, so Khairy's friend dialed the PM's wife and derailed Tengku's plan and habis TAM. So, who's to blame, Khairy...your cry baby friend lah.

Khairy said 'Last year, we did not send many players to compete abroad. They need all the exposure if we want to depend on more than one player'. Why only last year? actually these other players should be sent out as often as Dato, KKK/TBH but because this trio hog the limelight and funding, after the BAM stooges paid themselves, what's left but breadcrumps to feed these other players. LCW and KKK/TBH has been flying all over to gain those experiences and cashing in BAM bonus $$$, so these players cannot fly out to play. So, no fly-play, no exposure lah. Even if these other players compete more last year, it is a crash course for one year does not a player make, as simple as that.

TAM must be a good guy in his past life, the Angel relieves him of this mudslide.

Last edited by OneToughBirdie; 01-16-2014 at 11:14 PM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Wonder if the good minister has something to say about hockey...

http://www.thestar.com.my/Sport/Say-...aysian-hockey/

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A long dry spell ahead if Chong Wei retires

by rajes paul

It seems BAM are no closer to finding the successor to Lee Chong Wei who said he may retire from the game after the Asian Games in October, after winning his 10th Malaysian Open badminton championship on Sunday. - FAIHAN GHANI/ The Star

KUALA LUMPUR: For a decade, world No. 1 Lee Chong Wei has feasted Malaysian fans with outstanding badminton results.
    Fans can now expect a dry season for a long time in the men’s singles department if Chong Wei retires because there are neither talents coming through nor an effective programme implemented at the grassroots level.
    On Sunday, Chong Wei defeated Tommy Sugiarto of Indonesia in the men’s singles final of the Maybank Malaysian Open to win his 10th home title - a feat that no others have achieved on the international circuit.
    The two closest consistent winners on the international stage were eight-time All England champion Rudy Hartono and the late Wong Peng Soon, who had also won eight home titles.
    It should have been a joyous occasion but a tired Chong Wei revealed that he may retire after the Asian Games in Incheon, South Korea, if his performance drops this year.
    Before the Asiad, he will compete in the Thomas Cup Finals, Commonwealth Games and World Championships.
    Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) is expected to do all they can to persuade Chong Wei to stay on until at least the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro.
    They know that if they let him go, their lack of substance at the lower level will be laid bare - officially.
    Chong Wei said that Liew Daren and Chong Wei Feng are the next in line to take over but sadly, the duo are battling with injuries and inconsistencies.
    “If I am not around, these two players - Daren and Wei Feng - must step up and the others in line must be given due exposure,” added Chong Wei.
    For now, those ranked lower than them like Goh Soon Huat, Iskandar Zulkarnain Zainuddin, Misbun Ramdan Misbun and Zulfadli Zulkiffli are struggling to find their footing. Their batch mates from abroad like Viktor Axelsen of Denmark, Tian Houwei of China and Kento Momota of Japan have stepped up to the big boys’ league.
    The BAM are coming out with plans to beef up the grassroots plans by reviving the inter-school, inter-state and inter-club competitions.
    This has been tried before and failed to either take root or take off because of poor implementation. Even if it works, it will take probably five to seven years before the nation can see some results.
    While BAM will be scrambling to look into the lack of talents coming through and strengthening the grassroots programme, national coach Tey Seu Bock is remaining focused in getting Chong Wei ready for the remaining challenges for this year.
    “He has slogged for the country for so many years and he is feeling the toll right now. I take my hat off to him for always being the one to deliver the goods for the country,” said Seu Bock.
    “I will accept any decision that Chong Wei makes about his future after the Asian Games but for now, my job is to keep him motivated throughout this year. It is an important year,” added Seu Bock.
    If indeed this is Chong Wei’s last year, the most memorable way to go out will be by becoming the country’s first world champion at the World Championships in Copenhagen in August and the Asian Games gold medallist for the first time.

Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) is expected to do all they can to persuade Chong Wei to stay on until at least the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro -
    LCW reply: I will let you talk to my businessman brother, his bro's said 'Boleh, we can talk...so let's start with how much funding BAM has for 2015 and then 2016, and let's discuss what portion we want....'

They know that if they let him go, their lack of substance at the lower level will be laid bare - officially.
    What gives? Who's to blame?...not Tengki/TAM, hope not. The 3 oportunistic stooges for running BAM into the ground for over a decade, hope Khairy sees this but I am not sure he is smart to see through though.

Unfortunately, the previous mismanagement has rotted for so darn long that there is no other way other than to go back to the drawing board. First politicians should butt off, including the cry baby WR1 to stop dialing the PM's wife. You play and shut up.
    I heard Morten is being interviewed...anyway whoever got the top job, see how JAP, KOR, CHN, INA operates, have faith in the guy and let him lead (sadly the top job cannot be a Malaysian, too much politics and scared shitless of being fired and butt kissing to protect job security)....PJB, LYB and Rexy run the ship their way and their ship is pointing the right direction, not BAM ship heading towards Titanic.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

...PJB, LYB and Rexy run the ship their way and their ship is pointing the right direction, not BAM ship heading towards Titanic.
    i think their management team is already backed up with good suuportive management. I doubt one person can change a whole organisation by oneself. Where would a coach learn such management skills after having spent so much time on court instead of behind a desk?