User Tag List

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
Results 35 to 51 of 277
  1. #35
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    65
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think I should add something more, this is not a racket for everyone. Solid fundamentals are needed. My friends who have slightly less consistent hitting found this racket pretty tough to play with. A good wrist power downwards is required to hit a sharp smash, otherwise, the shuttle is likely to go flat that will be less vital to your opponent.

  2. #36
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    185
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigfatsiu View Post
    Too begin with, I'll start from the appearance. The cosmetic looks very cool, pretty Japanese style blue and gold. The blue colour on racket head and shaft are different, I like the colour change very much. And I warp the handle with a blue overgrip, which is a pretty good match.

    The racket is pretty even balance, I do not have accurate instruments to measure but its around 280mm strung with overgrip on. As I am using the Zymax62 which is a very thin and light string, you should get a higher BP if you use different string.

    Let's get to something more related to playing. Though the head is a bit oval-shaped that is smaller that normal racket head, I don't find it hard to adjust. I guess if you can hit the shuttlecock with the centre even your previous racket has large sweetspot, there should be no problem using this.

    The shaft is pretty stiff, with the combined effect of the hard Zymax62, it feels very hard on first hit, especially during warmup. There's one thing I like most, the swing speed is very fast, you can actually hear it when you swing it. In real playing, this is a powerful racket yet pretty controllable.

    The downside of this racket should be the price to many. Yet to discover more.

    Here's a quick review, very brief indeed. Will write a full review in the coming weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigfatsiu View Post
    BTW, for more information of the combined effect of racket and string. Yu can visit the thread I start in the Badminton String Forum

    Thank for the information. I hope I will feel the same as you do when I get my Ryoga Shiden next week. Have to admit it is a bit expensive but the appearance attract me to buy it

  3. #37
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    185
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigfatsiu View Post
    I think I should add something more, this is not a racket for everyone. Solid fundamentals are needed. My friends who have slightly less consistent hitting found this racket pretty tough to play with. A good wrist power downwards is required to hit a sharp smash, otherwise, the shuttle is likely to go flat that will be less vital to your opponent.
    Yup it is very true, for a stiff racket like shiden. Thank

  4. #38
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    65
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jason1975 View Post
    Thank for the information. I hope I will feel the same as you do when I get my Ryoga Shiden next week. Have to admit it is a bit expensive but the appearance attract me to buy it
    Yeah, my stringer studied my racket for quite a while, he's also attracted by the cosmetic.
    Hope that you find this racket suitable.

  5. #39
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    65
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jason1975 View Post
    Yup it is very true, for a stiff racket like shiden. Thank
    Let me make this more tempting. The shaft is in fact pretty flexible if you can gather enough speed. I guess this is the effect of Zylon, I can feel it but not very impressive so far. Maybe my arm is not strong enough to make full use of it.

  6. #40
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    185
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have tried Z slash and 8dx but I am not sure if Shiden feels the same as the two rackets. I can used those two rackets well even though I only tried both of the rackets from my friend for a while.

  7. #41
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    65
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jason1975 View Post
    I have tried Z slash and 8dx but I am not sure if Shiden feels the same as the two rackets. I can used those two rackets well even though I only tried both of the rackets from my friend for a while.
    I do not have the chance to try these rackets. In fact, I have only played with very few modern hi-end rackets as I had given up on badminton for quite a while and pick it up again recently. The racket frame and shaft also taper towards the end, speed is decent. It might not match the arc-zs, but should be one of the closest in the market.

    Notice: I did NOT play with the arc-zs, it's only my guessing.

  8. #42
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    185
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigfatsiu View Post
    I do not have the chance to try these rackets. In fact, I have only played with very few modern hi-end rackets as I had given up on badminton for quite a while and pick it up again recently. The racket frame and shaft also taper towards the end, speed is decent. It might not match the arc-zs, but should be one of the closest in the market.

    Notice: I did NOT play with the arc-zs, it's only my guessing.

    haha ok.. thank again for sharing your experience on Shiden. Hope to hear more reviews from you soon

  9. #43
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    22
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jason1975 View Post
    I don't think thats true. Please dont do that.. Its so obvious that you changed the colour.
    Ignorant fool.

    http://item.rakuten.co.jp/spsandanba...?force-site=pc
    Last edited by asurada; 06-09-2011 at 06:54 AM.

  10. #44
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    185
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ok I am truly sorry, its just a little bit weird why they release a black issen. I cant find it any way on the site. Its not on the official site either. Glad you show it to us..

  11. #45
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    82
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    can anyone compare shiden and slash z?

  12. #46
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    185
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i only used z slash for a while before.. I will write a simple review about my first impression of z slash and shiden when i get my shiden next week =]

  13. #47
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    185
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    There are few people that use gosen rackets because they are not as popular as yonex so it is hard to find reviews about them

  14. #48
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    65
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jason1975 View Post
    There are few people that use gosen rackets because they are not as popular as yonex so it is hard to find reviews about them
    Probably because of the relatively high price of Gosen's racket, on-par with YY's. However, YY has top players like Lee Chong Wei, Taufik and Gade, people are more willing to rry their rackets. Even Li Ning has Lin Dan to back them up. What happens to Gosen is that very few people(including top players) have played with Gosen's racket, together with the high price, people are more reluctant to try them. What a vicious cycle.

  15. #49
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    185
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigfatsiu View Post
    Probably because of the relatively high price of Gosen's racket, on-par with YY's. However, YY has top players like Lee Chong Wei, Taufik and Gade, people are more willing to rry their rackets. Even Li Ning has Lin Dan to back them up. What happens to Gosen is that very few people(including top players) have played with Gosen's racket, together with the high price, people are more reluctant to try them. What a vicious cycle.
    Yea that's very true. I choose to buy gosen racket instead of yonex racket because I want to try out something new. Yonex is too popular and many people are using them. Gosen got good quality rackets but the price is one of the factor that people do not want to try gosen racket

  16. #50
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    185
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Is it actually true that they are going to release a Black Issen? I still think that the red one is way better. Dont know if we can trust that site
    Last edited by jason1975; 06-11-2011 at 06:27 AM.

  17. #51
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    185
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Gosen Ryoga Series
    By Sealman in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 32
    : 11-22-2012, 06:12 AM
  2. FS/FT: GOSEN Ryoga Issen (1st Gen) for trade/sale for 【Ryoga Series, VT80】 (Singapore)
    By TingAhYee in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 0
    : 10-22-2011, 01:15 PM
  3. WTB: SOTX Woven-16, GOSEN Ryoga Tenbu, Gosen Ryoga Issen, RSL Diamond X5- Gold,X2-Blue
    By memo1820 in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 0
    : 10-19-2011, 03:39 PM
  4. FS: Wts: Gosen ryoga series (nz only)
    By jason1975 in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 6
    : 08-13-2011, 09:10 PM
  5. FS: Gosen Ryoga Issen, Gosen Roots 6700, Adidas Stabil Court Shoes
    By inmamy in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 1
    : 11-24-2010, 09:57 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •