User Tag List

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by korke78 View Post
    Finally I received my Shiden last week. Thank you all for writing about it!

I played about 2h with it and I was absolutely thrilled. The first impression: I gained more power and control in comparison to VT80 during my smashes and I felt less vibration than VT80 in front of the net. Clears are more or less equal and so are the drop shots. Both racket are stringed with Nanogy 98 @ 22lbs. The shiden is less heavy head than the VT80. Perhaps that is given me the better feeling... Next session to come on Thuesday :-)!
    Yea indeed.. Glad you enjoyed it Shiden is more even balanced, thus you will probably gain more control than VT80.. But in terms of power, I think a HH racket like VT80 will generate more power, but shiden is quite equal to VT80 too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bought the issen. kinda hard to control at first very wild i would say, i don like balance racket, as power seems to drop, and drop shot are becoming harder. my first 2 hours with my issen is that i found it is amazing the power is lower than VT80 but the maneouvorebality (wrong spelling) :P was excellent, i was a front court player (doubles) but now with issen i can play easily at the back generating enough power to smash as it was not easily returned, and with little bit of skill i can manage to play up front with precision. I used BG 66 Ultimax 25 middle 26 straight. But still its a wild racket i need to tame it first by using it and get used to it. tq. Shiden and VT80 is very different to me btw as Shiden is indeed very balanced. therefore Issen 3u and VT80 3u is in the same category (Both very very heavy head thus generating more power on smash and strokes with ease). VT80 gives more power and Issen sacrifies a lil bit of power for better control. and racket such as these is suited for 26 above lbs player i guess so.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ammil89 View Post
    Thank for sharing the reviews

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I own all the Ryoga series before and has only kept Shiden
    Issen is a wild animal yeah, excellent for driving, the head heaviness does not work like a sledgehammer like VT80, AT900, AT700 does. The 7.0 shaft makes it a little too flexi for me, but it could work well for others. Definitely a very forgiving racket with loads of power.
    Shiden is incredibly fast for a 89g factory weight (w/string) racket. My current Shiden is 98.5g at BP280mm but feels much faster than a NS9900. It is stable and stiff but just simply too fast as it has virtually no air resistance. Faster than the latest braveswords. A very all round racket that packs power, subjected to your swinging action.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I own issen and i find it too wild for me. is tenbu/shiden suitable for me? Im a regular double player, i usually love playing front court quick kill and drive fast at the net and placing drop shot, but i do smash 3-4 times before using drop short if i am at the rear court. So what would you suggest me ? would like to know ur oppinion, im using 25lbs string currently.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have 2x Shidens strung with BG66 Maxima at 26lbs... And it is AMAZING!!!! However, I will definitely say it's a doubles racquet... Drops are easy to execute and smashes are fast and precise... But it lacks the head heaviness required for singles I find..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by afiq89 View Post
    I own issen and i find it too wild for me. is tenbu/shiden suitable for me? Im a regular double player, i usually love playing front court quick kill and drive fast at the net and placing drop shot, but i do smash 3-4 times before using drop short if i am at the rear court. So what would you suggest me ? would like to know ur oppinion, im using 25lbs string currently.
    Bro , shiden's frame is smaller than tenbu , if u can use oval without hitting the frame regularly , u can consider shiden , if not tenbu will be a better choice.
    As mentioned , shiden has more power than tenbu , but the smaller frame compromises defense , especially during receiving smashes.
    Shaft stiffness : Shiden > Tenbu > Issen.
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanx alot dude~!!! tested my issen again, and again i fail to hit decent smashes but its very easy to go for a drop shot and very easy to confuse my opponent with trick net shot. but then again i lose power at the back as i tend to hit not at the sweet spot i guess. any other racket from gosen or victor that anyone would suggest for me to use? double player front court love to go for offensive

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by afiq89 View Post
    thanx alot dude~!!! tested my issen again, and again i fail to hit decent smashes but its very easy to go for a drop shot and very easy to confuse my opponent with trick net shot. but then again i lose power at the back as i tend to hit not at the sweet spot i guess. any other racket from gosen or victor that anyone would suggest for me to use? double player front court love to go for offensive
    Bro , i suggest u spend some time , asking a friend to keep lifting for u to smash n try to hit the sweet spot. if it still does not work , den u consider to let go , getting used to a new racket needs time , it may take weeks or longer , just keep using it , do not change back to ur previous comfort racket when things dun work well , it will only lengthen the.process. For tenbu is excellent in defense n control , but is a little lacking in smashing , if not its the best front man racket from gosen.

Hope it helps

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you find that the frame of the Shiden is not really oval in shape? I thought its more 'isometric' than the Arc Z.

Quote Originally Posted by istringforyou View Post
    Shiden is incredibly fast for a 89g factory weight (w/string) racket. My current Shiden is 98.5g at BP280mm but feels much faster than a NS9900. It is stable and stiff but just simply too fast as it has virtually no air resistance. Faster than the latest braveswords. A very all round racket that packs power, subjected to your swinging action.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoOZY View Post
    I have 2x Shidens strung with BG66 Maxima at 26lbs... And it is AMAZING!!!! However, I will definitely say it's a doubles racquet... Drops are easy to execute and smashes are fast and precise... But it lacks the head heaviness required for singles I find..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sealman View Post
    Do you find that the frame of the Shiden is not really oval in shape? I thought its more 'isometric' than the Arc Z.
    Yupp , shiden is not really oval , compared to tenbu , shiden' frame is more narrow at the crosses but longer at the mains , its looks like tenbu n shiden are having the same frame area but shiden's frame is sort of a regular iso frame being compressed by exerting force at 3 n 9 o'clock area.

Arc Z's frame is smaller than regular ovals , i once compared with cab 30 , only to find that cab 30's frame is larger. So i suppose Arc Z is the smallest frame racket available.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have left Shiden aside for a long time now and started using it recently.. It is amazing lol.. especially for doubles.. I played really powerful smashes and excellent drive with it.. I really like the new colour of shiden.. but I already got the old one (blue)

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is this racket made in Japan or China?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maxout View Post
    Never give-up on things that WORKS well for you . Now, while I know Yonex has probably given up on further development on the Cabs. I found that GOSEN is continuing to do so (while I was looking into their strings) ... I was so tempted by the GOSEN RYOGA SHIDEN racquet - an "OVAL" top-of-the-range powerhouse .... doing more fact-finding about it ... cost a pretty BOMB too, almost USD200 !!!!

http://www.mybadmintonstore.com/shop...oducts_id=1324
    Ryoga's are not ovals but in betweeners like Z-Force, Carlton Vapour series, etc.

But Yonex released the Cab50 this year if that news for some reason passed right by you . Gosen and Mizuno also have modern ovals still: Roots Gavun Aermet Pro 6000 aka BRA60P and Grapower Aermet 88 Long aka BGA88L (and a couple of others). The latter of which seems to be the allrounder ...
    But these are all "long" 675mm rackets compared to the oldschool 665mm Cab20.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    Ryoga's are not ovals but in betweeners like Z-Force, Carlton Vapour series, etc.

But Yonex released the Cab50 this year if that news for some reason passed right by you . Gosen and Mizuno also have modern ovals still: Roots Gavun Aermet Pro 6000 aka BRA60P and Grapower Aermet 88 Long aka BGA88L (and a couple of others). The latter of which seems to be the allrounder ...
    Thank you, thank you for highlighting all these, time for more reading and testing !!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post

i have the cab50 as well as the cab35, they feel the same to me.

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast